• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Azusa

We well see what they actually mean with pvp, it could be bleach brave Soul oriented.

What does it mean? I don't know this game.

PvP should be auto and just against opponent player team. Like in Seven Knights and some other mobile games. I don't want to see actual Player vs Player online match.

Rixa

We well see what they actually mean with pvp, it could be bleach brave Soul oriented.

Regarding Servers:

I Spoke to them and atm they plan to use a Master Account from which you can Access all Servers. But Data between Servers isn't Shared. Allthough this is just the State of things atm. It still can change.

Hmm yeah. It seems Iam not going to do account to SEA if that server thing doesn't change. If there are some timed battles / raids / guild(?) battles. Usually SEA time table sucks for me.

Azusa

Hmm yeah. It seems Iam not going to do account to SEA if that server thing doesn't change. If there are some timed battles / raids / guild(?) battles. Usually SEA time table sucks for me.

Still its worth to play it a week or so. Better than wait for summer global release and be disappointed in game.

chrono01

What does it mean? I don't know this game.

PvP should be auto and just against opponent player team. Like in Seven Knights and some other mobile games. I don't want to see actual Player vs Player online match.
This is exactly what it is. Choose your team, equip them with items, and watch as they fight AI-controlled characters (from other opponents' teams). The only control you have is to initiate your special, should you collect the soul to do so (by tapping your portrait}. Other than that, it's entirely automated.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm not a Shironeko Project fan, but their gacha animation is really nice.
What other games are cool to pull at?

aitakute

I'm not a Shironeko Project fan, but their gacha animation is really nice.
What other games are cool to pull at?

Don't remind me of Shironeko project's gacha now. I've been in depression for a week now
If you're asking which gacha is cool than I know just the thing. That For whom the alchemy exist game is really cool imo

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Don't remind me of Shironeko project's gacha now. I've been in depression for a week now
If you're asking which gacha is cool than I know just the thing. That For whom the alchemy exist game is really cool imo
That Almond Peak tho.
Yeah the spinny thing was pretty nice, good shiny effects.

Yaari

Does anyone know if the gold item required for Diabolos, drops on Hard ?
I won't be able to take down Very Hard before the event ends, so this is the best I'll be able to do unfortunately. I haven't found any yet.

Azusa

Does anyone know if the gold item required for Diabolos, drops on Hard ?
I won't be able to take down Very Hard before the event ends, so this is the best I'll be able to do unfortunately. I haven't found any yet.

Hard: 0 - 1
Very Hard: 0 - 2
Extreme: 1 - 2

If you cant kill Very Hard then I suggest to skip this event. Better to do story or host Hard 12AP Magna and wait for the next event.

Yaari

Poker to 300k, then max bets on 10room bingo until you get a super bingo or enough leeway to do max bet 20room. It's a slow and painful process.

I got up to 900k by doing Poker now, but I don't really want to be doing Bingo. Last time I lost 200k with nothing to show for it.

I got up to 900k by doing Poker now, but I don't really want to be doing Bingo. Last time I lost 200k with nothing to show for it.

Believe me, it's faster than poker. And you can always do poker more if you drop too low. I personally dislike poker, and the less I have to see
CufPn1D.jpg

the better.

Yaari

Okay, I'll try then. 900k. Would you go for the 20man max bets then?
Never got a super bingo at all yet, haha. I havent even seen anyone pull it either. But here we go.

20man is going to drain you super fast. If you want to risk a game or two sure, but you should probably stick to 10man mostly due to better odds at your cash level. My guildmate only does 10man with a couple yolo 20man max bets. I somehow managed to get a super bingo on 10man so I can do 20mans, but even then I lost 2 mil really easy the other day.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Exactly. They decided to show characters and seiyu first, not game system or ingame screenshots.

Teasing characters or non-gameplay trailers before in-game stuff means the game will be bad? Better alert half the gaming industry, non-smartphone included.

Yaari

20man is going to drain you super fast. If you want to risk a game or two sure, but you should probably stick to 10man mostly due to better odds at your cash level. My guildmate only does 10man with a couple yolo 20man max bets. I somehow managed to get a super bingo on 10man so I can do 20mans, but even then I lost 2 mil really easy the other day.

Okay thanks. BTW is that a new reward they added? The SSR weapon for 7777777 ?

Yaari

Oh wow, just got 100k from Bingo, then 50k the very next round.

And yeah. Is Super Bingo when you get a line of diamonds? I never even got close to that yet haha.

Edit: Lol. I just got instant Bingo because all my 6 starting balls were lined. Wow.
Edit 2: Another 100k win.

That's 250k in what. 10 min? Obviously lucky.

Edit 3: Very first round after that, another 100k win. 350k. Ballin'

Edit: Aw man, was 1 crystal removed from Super Bingo.

Rixa

Edit: Aw man, was 1 crystal removed from Super Bingo.

How much time did you use in Poker for those 900k? I can make medals in poker easily but it will consume time alot. Also do you have some special strategy or are you following normal guidelines?

That took me quite some hours. I wouldnt say it was efficient use of time. Bingo is already proving to be much more efficient in only 1/10th of the time.

I did the usual guideline, but I probably should have bailed more often when I had 10k+~ medals rather than hoping to get more. Lost a good bit trying to do that.

Yaari

How much time did you use in Poker for those 900k? I can make medals in poker easily but it will consume time alot. Also do you have some special strategy or are you following normal guidelines?

That took me quite some hours. I wouldnt say it was efficient use of time. Bingo is already proving to be much more efficient in only 1/10th of the time.

I did the usual guideline, but I probably should have bailed more often when I had 10k+~ medals rather than hoping to get more. Lost a good bit trying to do that.

MiTYH

Possible new gacha game I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

http://toucharcade.com/2016/02/10/dragon-quest-monsters-super-light-english-version-soft-launched/

Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light. Looks like it's been in JPN for about 2 years, now releasing in more of a global soft launch with English as an option. Don't know more about it than that though. From reddit I found this about the gameplay, which sounds standard for some gacha games:

Imagine Puzzle & Dragons. You pick a dungeon to go into, you pick five monsters plus a "friend" to form your party and then you go into the dungeon.

Now, you move your monsters around in the dungeon by literally flicking the rooms in the direction you want to move (moving left means you flick left to right, moving up means flicking up to down, and etc). Battles are played in the classic DQ fashion.

At the end of a battle, you may recruit a monster. The point of each dungeon is to defeat the boss, which you may or may not recruit. You can also get "maps" to recruit monsters and you get these maps by using the vending machine. Sometimes, Square-Enix will give you a gift for whatever reason (100 million downloads, whatever).

There are events to play as well which can give out special prizes. These come and go at whatever time Square-Enix chooses.

It's pretty fun as far as F2P goes. There are timers and you can't really play indefinitely in one sitting due to a stamina system.

There's a monster fusion system that involves the egg monsters, except they'll have different patterns. Collecting these and fusing them in a specific combination can yield a new monster as far as I understand it. You can also sacrifice monsters to strengthen one.

I don't have an account to download this (between New Zealand, JPN, and my normal one I'm tired of making alt accounts) so hopefully we'll see a western release soon!

Azusa

Another boring mobage. Meh.

Anyone can compile a list of current popular Japanese/Korean only mobage? I would try one or two.

aitakute

Just wondering but how many mobage are you all playing? I'm playing Shironeko, Granblue and KanColle but they really take so much of my time. I don't have time to play my PS4 any more

Azusa

I play Seven Knights a lot and grind in Granblue a lot too. Both games are fun and very different.

And yeah, I don't have time for other games too. Stopped buying games on PC and consoles a few month ago.

Yaari

Just Granblue now. I try to keep it to a minimum the mobile games take the most time. I was pretty close to uninstalling Granblue already because I can already see that its going to take a lot of time haha.

I'll keep it around for now though.

Azusa

Just Granblue now. I try to keep it to a minimum the mobile games take the most time. I was pretty close to uninstalling Granblue already because I can already see that its going to take a lot of time haha.

I'll keep it around for now though.

Have you seen COOP mode? You can grind indefinitely...

MiTYH

Just wondering but how many mobage are you all playing? I'm playing Shironeko, Granblue and KanColle but they really take so much of my time. I don't have time to play my PS4 any more

Currently playing, in order of importance: One Piece Treasure Cruise, Dragonball Z Dokkan Battle, Marvel Puzzle Quest (don't think that counts as much, but still), Puzzle & Dragons, anf Bleach Brave Souls. Waiting on GNF's English release

But I just got my PS4 for Black Friday so I'm hitting those games about an hour or two a night

A few months ago I was kinda in your position but over time I just dropped a few of the games I played. Chain Chronicle especially sucked up a bunch of my time for some reason.

Nowadays I just play Granblue very casually, which is nice since I have plenty of time to grind in CoD.

Playing a bunch of these games can be kinda stressful if you want to be 100% efficient so I just figured to break the cycle lol.

Teasing characters or non-gameplay trailers before in-game stuff means the game will be bad? Better alert half the gaming industry, non-smartphone included.
It's an indicator of where their priorities lay no matter the console, and it seems to be a pretty good bellwether of success for mobage in particular.

How's Game of Dice? Anyone here try that one yet?

I played it but got bored of it after a while, the gameplay is kinda unique due to the consistent money system but I think it works best of you play it with at least one other friend at the same time.

It can be super frustrating but rewarding as well when you blow up some rich dude, like Molopoly it's more RNG* than skill though.

this can also mean money

Rotnems

Neo Member
How's Game of Dice? Anyone here try that one yet?

Played it a couple of months ago so i don't know the current status of the game.

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing others getting [DESTROYED] when they land on your X52 Paris and losing al their money they build up over a couple of games. Especially the 2 VS 2 mode where you can play with a friend is fun.

MiTYH

Also, besides GNF and this new Dragon Quest game, and Valiant Force, I'm looking forward to Digimon: Linkz. New trailer is here from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ooMNqCZ3c

It gives hints of a city-builder ala TappedOut or something like that, but the fighting looks straight out of Cyber Sleuth which is aweomse. Just hope it's not a huge battery drainer

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It's an indicator of where their priorities lay no matter the console, and it seems to be a pretty good bellwether of success for mobage in particular.

So Platinum, for example, showing a character trailer with no gameplay footage for Scalebound or whatever as their initial reveal means their priorities lie outside of gameplay?

And any stats on this apparent "successful smartphone games show gameplay first" theory?

So Platinum, for example, showing a character trailer with no gameplay footage for Scalebound or whatever as their initial reveal means their priorities lie outside of gameplay?

And any stats on this apparent "successful smartphone games show gameplay first" theory?
Well yes, if you're going to cut a reveal trailer for an action game before you have enough of a vertical slice to include gameplay I'm going to question your priorities. I think that's the Scalebound video you're referring to?

I probably should also have said good instead of successful.

kiryogi

Banned
This game clearly doesn't want me to build my Wind Team. Although I did pull Gawain on my Star Legend pull, who isnt half bad himself, woulda preferred Petra or something. XD Also pulled Magisa and duped Vampy. Rip. Will edit in pics later.

Go figure Gawain's spear is HP Up, but Magisa is a lvl 100 and has ATK UP. :/ Although her skill set does not look impressive at all.

Top Bottom