• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

How are the speakers on the N3DS? Any differences between the regular and the LL/XL?

Max volume sucks ass on the current XL. Playing with headphones on 80% of the time.

Design is still rather ugly on both units, especially in comparison to the DSi which is definitely the pinnacle of the entire DS/3DS range.
Who designed that and where are they now?

Just got an order preparation Email from Nippon Yassan.

Likewise :D super excited, hope it arrives before Friday. I still can't connect to campus wifi though, so I've been soloing MH4G because I can't connect to other people over 3G for some reason :\ Can anyone with the console follow up on the wifi options thing? Is it possible to connect to a hotspot which requires a login? I think its called WPA2-enterprise or something...

I could've sworn I read faceplates come with a code for a theme inside them. Maybe not then.
Went to some stores, but none of them had the faceplate I wanted, but looking at the ones they had, none of them seem to come with a code.

Damn you, Fukuoka! I sold my LL in top condition at my local Geo in Tokyo with everything and got only 8k :( Sad part is that Geo usually has the highest buyback prices around here...
8k is what they wanted to give me at my local TSUTAYA, but I thought I could do better and luckily Mandarake really appreciate it if you bring in your stuff in top condition.

Great machine though, nice to see the improvements done. Though wonder why they decided to put the card at the bottom?
Due to the ZL and ZR buttons been added, there is a lot of action going on up there, so I guess they wanted to avoid accidental ejects like the UMD drama back then which Sony had to deal with lol.

P.S. Thanks for the pizza place recommendation once again! Went there and it was absolutely the taste I was looking for ;)!

Holy mother of god.

I received it today, did a system transfer. Probably had about 15gb of stuff on the old one.

It took SIX AND A HALF HOURS.
Lucky you, took me twelve hours. Yes, a half day. I didn't really think that much about it early in the morning, but when the process started I remembered that I got almost 30GB of data to be moved lol. Luckily I had other stuff to do, so I wasn't staring at it the whole time heh.

It doesn't transfer your data does it? o_O
Well you have three choices. One is to move all your data. Second is to move only the data which you can't redownload. So you would need to download the games etc again afterwards. Third is to do the transfer on a PC. I should mention that this time's system transfer is different then it was before.

Are the hinges wobbly?
Nope, totally not. At least not on my regular N3DS.

In terms of size, I'm in 2 minds. The smaller screen makes the image better but the overall form factor will take some getting used to again after the LL.

The new stylus sucks dick. It's tiny. It's crap, just like the original DS phat. The OG 3DS extendable one was much better. Seriously, it's absolutely horrible and the placement is poor. However, kid Icarus is pretty much the only stylus game so I'm not too worried.
Same here. OG 3DS --> 3DS LL --> N3DS regular owner here. But it's growing on me and I'm loving it.

Oh yes! The stylus is a mess! Beside the N3DS LL I owned every DS/i and 3DS model and out of all, this is the most horrible one I had to deal with up until now. It's so small, thin, feels cheap, super annoying to take out, due to it's position and suuuuuuper annoying to put it back in, due to it's shape. Damn.

Josephl64

Just got some cash for the eshop and downloaded

• Rosetta Theme
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Pri Pri Primitive Princess

Playing through Primitive Princess...finding it pretty tough.

Halabane

Still not heard anything from Nin-Nin. Wish I paid more and went with Play-Asia!

Srry to hear that...

My playasia has order has cleared customs. Due here tomorrow morning by 1030 am. So far playasia has been great...mastercard had denied the charge because they don't see orders from me in hk so they stopped it. Got that fixed and playasia turned it around fast.

So far so good. See in the morning how it all worked out.

Will fedex give me an import bill? or something? I hear people talk about getting a bill or is that just the uk??

StayDead

Well you have three choices. One is to move all your data. Second is to move only the data which you can't redownload. So you would need to download the games etc again afterwards. Third is to do the transfer on a PC. I should mention that this time's system transfer is different then it was before.

What would you say the best way of doing it is?

I suppose if my SD card turns up but not my adapter it might be worthwhile transferring everything.

What would you say the best way of doing it is?

I suppose if my SD card turns up but not my adapter it might be worthwhile transferring everything.
Depends on how much data you have on your card. Option one is the most comfortable one, but takes a lot of time if you have a few gigs of data. Option two is annoying and out of question imho. Option three is the fastest one, but needs copying data via PC. The third option is obviously the best one to go with, if you have lots of data. If not, option one.

StayDead

I guess I'll just pray that my adapter turns up, if not go with option 1. Although with my sick connection 2 might be good.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So apparently you can't use all types of micro SD cards on the New 3DS. SDXC is not supported. I wanted a 64 GB card but didn't see any SDHC cards that size. :/

So apparently you can't use all types of micro SD cards on the New 3DS. SDXC is not supported. I wanted a 64 GB card but didn't see any SDHC cards that size. :/
You can use the sdxc type but have to formatted to fat32. People have mentioned this earlier in the thread.
Yup, I use a reformatted 64GB microSDXC card in my N3DS and it's working perfectly fine. And btw. there are no 64GB SDHC cards ;).

Srry to hear that...

My playasia has order has cleared customs. Due here tomorrow morning by 1030 am. So far playasia has been great...mastercard had denied the charge because they don't see orders from me in hk so they stopped it. Got that fixed and playasia turned it around fast.

So far so good. See in the morning how it all worked out.

Will fedex give me an import bill? or something? I hear people talk about getting a bill or is that just the uk??

My order is stuck right now because PlayAsia did something wrong with the import invoice and now my package, which was supposed to be here tomorrow (same time as yours) is delayed. I'll be lucky if I get it Tuesday.... And I have given both PlayAsia and FedEx a huge not-so-nice piece of my mind over this as I have NEVER had this happen before given all the stuff I've ordered from them.... *goes to sit in a dark corner*

I just went with a 32 GB because I don't really see myself filling up my card on this one.

Although it would make sense to get 64 in the case for the American 3DS on my behalf

Halabane

Ok, so I am about to give both PlayAsia and FedEx a big piece of my mind. Checked my tracking very late last night/early this morning only to have the status "Clearance Delay- Import: Commercial Invoice Is Incomplete" which equates to something being wrong or misunderstood on the invoice of my package.

In the 2 and a half years I have been buying from PlayAsia (having purchased a Black LL from them over a year ago) I have NEVER had this happen before... UGH!!!

So I immediately sent PlayAsia a message via Facebook as they respond more quickly there than via their own customer service inquiry page and a rep said they would contact FedEx and update me once they had information on the situation. In turn, I also called FedEx at like 3 in the morning and they said they would call me sometime today with an update....

Is it too much to ask for that this is cleared up before Sunday night/Monday morning so I can have my treasured system?!?! *cries buckets*

I would think ours was probably on the same plane. Is this happening in Memphis TN? Mine says "international shipment release".

Meffer

I just went with a 32 GB because I don't really see myself filling up my card on this one.

Although it would make sense to get 64 in the case for the American 3DS on my behalf
Me too as well. I did get YW2 to fill in that empty cart slot and the rest will be more or less digital.

Ugh... How is the system transfer different? I can't read Japanese and I was just gonna use one of my US 3DS units to work my way through the Japanese menus.

Ugh... How is the system transfer different? I can't read Japanese and I was just gonna use one of my US 3DS units to work my way through the Japanese menus.
Well, that won't help you I guess, since the transfer to a N3DS differs from a 3DS to 3DS transfer. They've added quite a few questions and options to the process. Maybe somebody who understands Japanese, can make a guide while transferring? I would do it, but I've already finished the transfer...

StayDead

Well, that won't help you I guess, since the transfer to a N3DS differs from a 3DS to 3DS transfer. They've added quite a few questions and options to the process. Maybe somebody who understands Japanese, can make a guide while transferring? I would do it, but I've already finished the transfer...

If my SD Card turns up tomorrow with my new 3ds like they say it will I'll give it a go.

I'm in the New 3DS import slums as I went with NCSX. They don't ship until tomorrow and I chose UPS ground, so I probably won't have my system until the 20th or 21st.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Same here. OG 3DS --> 3DS LL --> N3DS regular owner here. But it's growing on me and I'm loving it.

Oh yes! The stylus is a mess! Beside the N3DS LL I owned every DS/i and 3DS model and out of all, this is the most horrible one I had to deal with up until now. It's so small, thin, feels cheap, super annoying to take out, due to it's position and suuuuuuper annoying to put it back in, due to it's shape. Damn.

I've already shoved it in the headphone jack multiple times by mistake. Dammit.

Agreeing with you that this is, indeed, the most horrible. I've not owned a DS Lite or XLi but had all the others, and the N3DS one is horrible.

If my SD Card turns up tomorrow with my new 3ds like they say it will I'll give it a go.
That's nice :D!

I've already shoved it in the headphone jack multiple times by mistake. Dammit.

Agreeing with you that this is, indeed, the most horrible. I've not owned a DS Lite or XLi but had all the others, and the N3DS one is horrible.
Well, I get that they wanted the stylus to be a multitool and they accomplished that. A stylus and a tool to take off the coverplates. It works, but the execution is somewhat shitty.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
(´⊙ω⊙`) Just got a shipping notice from Nippon Yasan, that's the fastest they've ever processed an order for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Holy mother of god.

I received it today, did a system transfer. Probably had about 15gb of stuff on the old one.

It took SIX AND A HALF HOURS.

That is not typical. I have 40 GB on there and it took around 40 minutes. It's not sending all the data over.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
That is not typical. I have 40 GB on there and it took around 40 minutes. It's not sending all the data over.

I think myself and the other chap above clicked the 'transfer all' button. I didn't think it would take so long.

I believe there's a 'transfer license' button or something that means you just transfer the account and can redownload the rest later. Would have been much faster heh.

It is. It transferred ALL of my data over - all. It depends on the option you choose and I made a mistake choosing "move all". Took 12 hours for almost 30GB.

I'd appreciate it. Mine should arrive on Tuesday and I've got all my data all set on a 16 gig micro SD card already so I'd like it if I could transfer everything over without worrying about screwing something up.

Meffer

Does anyone know if MH4U is import friendly?

If you know how to play the game, it's not hard. The only learning curve is knowing what the items are. And what you need to craft other items. So research is needed. I suggest watching some videos of it to help you along. This guy does a great job with his and he translates rather quickly along with the games so can you understand.

Koppai

I don't get the complaints about having to wait. The system isn't put in NA/EU until sometime next year. You are already importing it and getting it early lol. I wish the LL had faceplates :(

BriBri

This is from Nin-Nin's Facebook:-

Nin-Nin-Game.com Dear customers, first New 3DS ordered were dispatched last friday, Nin-Nin Game was closed as usual on week-end, today is holiday in Japan but we're on it!! Orders will be shipped by chronological order, so please thank you for your patience!!

Dagon

I got an e-mail from Nippon-Yasan that my New 3DS is with FedEx. The tracking information says it should reach me in the UK by Friday. Can't wait!

I have Youkai Watch sitting here and a growing list of games I'm considering getting off the eShop.

kubus

Those who got a shipping confirmation from Nippon-Yasan, which 3DS did you order?

New 3DS White here and still nothing :(.

Top Bottom