• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

StayDead

My white one arrived from Play-Asia.

Just waiting for my new SD card now but I set up my New 3DS and it's now on charge using my imported 3DS charging cable. My UK charger works with my normal 3DS but I don't want to risk anything until I get the new cradle.

My screen had a yellow tint until I turned off the warm colours setting on the screen and now it's fine :>

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
FedEx usually takes 48 hours for me but mine's scheduled to arrive Friday. I'm assuming it's because of the holiday but Nippon Yasan sometimes hands the package to FedEx a day or two later than when they declare your package as shipped and upload the tracking number.

kubus

Maybe mine wasn't shipped out yet because I chose EMS Express instead of FedEx... Just noticed Nippon-Yasan put a notice on the New 3DS product page saying people should choose FedEx or Transi-Logistic to ensure there are no problems with shipping the lithium battery.

Pretty sure the regulations already changed so shipping the battery through JP Post is no problem anymore. Hope this doesn't delay the shipment of my order :(

StayDead

I'm in trouble, I can't seem to unscrew my back face place. Anyone got any tips? I've got the right size screwdriver but I can't seem to turn the screw.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FedEx usually takes 48 hours for me but mine's scheduled to arrive Friday. I'm assuming it's because of the holiday but Nippon Yasan sometimes hands the package to FedEx a day or two later than when they declare your package as shipped and upload the tracking number.

Same for me -Friday delivery date scheduled- but hopefully sooner. I also ordered an in stock item from them last Sunday or Monday, and it took a good 3-4 days to ship out. That's never happened before.

StayDead

Never done a system transfer before, oh man those Pikmin are so cute, but I imagine this is going to get annoying as it might take a while. x_x

mrback

It's Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. Never ceases to amaze me how fast stuff can arrive from the other side of the planet in 3 days. amazeballs.

kubus

It's Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere. Never ceases to amaze me how fast stuff can arrive from the other side of the planet in 3 days. amazeballs.
Wait, but you received the shipping email from nippon-yasan only this morning?!

Am I missing something here?

Either way: grats and have fun with it :D. So jealoussss~

Edit: ahh just remembered, you ordered both from playasia and nippon-yasan :)

Great news on my end! PlayAsia sent the documents FedEx needed and my package is now officially on its way to the facility for me to pick up today! I was so sure the delay meant another the day or two of waiting.... But I get my awesome system today!

mrback

should there be a card to register a new console with club nintendo, want to set up a club nintendo account but have no card with the numbers on.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Ordered from Nippon-Yassan; processing since Sat but still no shipment confirmation :(

mrback

Nope, there is none. They changed their Club Nintendo rules.

Ooooooof, thats a bit pants, guess I'lll have to wait until my zelda game turns up.

Or Gaf, can you help me? anyone got a spare code?

I can offer someone a playasia LL case that came with my n3ds today, doesnt fit :( bit weird them sending a case for an LL with a standard size

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered from Nippon-Yassan; processing since Sat but still no shipment confirmation :(
Sounds like my usual experience with them

I think I'll go with PA next time.
They were $45-ish more on PA iirc. I usually don't go with Nippon Yasan if it's something I need ASAP but they've got the best prices hands down.

My 6 (!) packages hit Tenso!
Those consolidation fees (;・∀・)

Ooooooof, thats a bit pants, guess I'lll have to wait until my zelda game turns up.

Or Gaf, can you help me? anyone got a spare code?
If you're trying to hit gold/platinum status, that ended last month and has been discontinued for the future. You can take your time and save up CN points for the regular prizes at your own pace now.

My order shipped from nippon!

I chose FedEX! Delivery expected on Thursday.

I ordered the regular White N3DS along with Smash Brothers.

I want to get Monster Hunter 4G and Beyond the Labrynth, but I've spent too much already. I'll give it two weeks.

Mine should be coming on Friday. Maybe a day later because I need to have it held at a delivery facility (thanks landlord for making deliveries a pain in the ass for everyone in the building)

Anyways, I'm hyped. Can't wait to play Monster Hunter and Youkai Watch.

Weils

Neo Member
My order shipped from nippon!

I chose FedEX! Delivery expected on Thursday.

I ordered the regular White N3DS along with Smash Brothers.

I want to get Monster Hunter 4G and Beyond the Labrynth, but I've spent too much already. I'll give it two weeks.

Here's hoping the rest of our packages at Nippon ship by today. With Fedex delivery it shouldn't take more than 2 days unless they hand the package to the courier later than expected.

Zornica

Banned
any new (new-)3ds owners here who want a free version of Daigasso Bandbrothers P?

I still got a few codes left, just pm me and I'll hook you up

Got my confirmation on my Fedex Shipping last night at 8:25PM. But it won't ship till Wednesday.

But at least it'll be here on Friday... which means Saturday since I won't be home to sign for it :/

edit: black N3DS

I know game save data can be transferred to the new 3ds, but what about games? I have MK7, 3DLand and Smash on my SD card. Can those be transferred too?

Tenck

Supposed to be here in about 2 hours but Fedex hasn't put it in a delivery truck yet. I've got plans and don't want it sitting out there for too long. Should have just had them hold it at one of their locations.

StayDead

The purple pikmin are running along with the big SD card image and I have no idea what's happening. Why is there no percentage bar, why ;_;

Damn! NCS got hit with a shipping delay. Mine won't be here until Wednesday or Thursday now. Hopefully someone will make a walk through for the new setup menu by then.

The purple pikmin are running along with the big SD card image and I have no idea what's happening. Why is there no percentage bar, why ;_;
Yeah, it's confusing. Just be patient and don't do anything stupid. At some point I thought the system didn't do anything, because it took really long, but eventually turned out good.

StayDead

Yeah, it's confusing. Just be patient and don't do anything stupid. At some point I thought the system didn't do anything, because it took really long, but eventually turned out good.

Yeah I'm at the end of part 4 now. They just filled in the picture of the 3DS. :D

pulsemyne

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#New_3DS_Specifications

New 3DS Specifications (Changes compared to Old 3DS)

ARM11 MPCore 4x 268MHz(?) & 4x VFP Co-Processor
FCRAM - 256MB
VRAM - 6 MB within SoC. Independent of system memory (FCRAM)
4MB of additional memory.

Thread worthy?

Hmm If my memory is right then the original 3ds only had a single core Arm 9 co processor. The fact this has been bumped to a 4 core is good, most likely for security but it should also give a nice boost. Double the FCRAM is good as is the quad core ARM 11 (although it maybe that one core is given over to helping with the eye tracking software and another to the OS freeing two cores for games).

Top Bottom