• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

You can redact everything except your address, which you're giving anyway, so it's painless.

Speaking of, my package is winging its way to me via EMS as we speak! Now to decide which faceplate to use first.

Oh fantastic. That's a good thing.

Now I'm just figuring out if I can just leave a note at my door with my signature and tracking number for Thursday since I'll be at work and I doubt my sister will actually bother to pay attention to the door bell.

Halabane

I know that jp club nintendo is not giving points for hardware any more but...I wanted to join before I started buying digital games.

But there isn't a card inside the new 3ds to let me join. The web site will only let a new member in if they have a coupon from a product. Is the only way now to get in is to buy a physical game and use that number to join the club??

Txs for any help...

I know that jp club nintendo is not giving points for hardware any more but...I wanted to join before I started buying digital games.

But there isn't a card inside the new 3ds to let me join. The web site will only let a new member in if they have a coupon from a product. Is the only way now to get in is to buy a physical game and use that number to join the club??

Txs for any help...

According to the OP instructions, it looks like it. I ordered a cheap physical copy of vanilla MH4 a week ago so that allowed me to sign up.

DarkWish

Okay, I have a new video to post...

"New Nintendo 3DS" C-Stick Demo & New Features Overview

I gave my impressions on the auto-brightness and the improved 3D with head tracking, as well as used the C-Stick in Resident Evil: Revelations and Super Smash Bros. Enjoy! Next video I do will be a speed comparison test (which I'll hopefully upload tomorrow), and then when I get back from my trip to Orlando, my faceplates will have arrived by then.

Could someone please download every (Original) GameBoy game for the New 3DS and show me a quick example of each game with the green background turned on...

And if you could, please post videos of the GameBoy Color games with the virtual GBC border turned on, too.

kubus

Sent in a ticket yesterday at Nippon-Yasan, as my 3DS still hasn't shipped. Got a reply this morning:

Thank you for your message

You made order with many product and chose EMS your order is at the dispatch center and will be ship today

Kind Regards

Well good news I guess, but the reason for the delay sounds a little sketchy. Hope it's smooth sailing once it is finally shipped. Their customer service sounds like it could be a pain to deal with if more issues pop up. I can't really complain though, I knew about their service level and processing time when I placed my order, but their prices are unbeatable. As long as I get my sweet 3DS, I'll wait it out!

Any Gaf members in this thread that currently live in Japan? Would love to have one of the CoroCoro magazine codes for the Pokemon demo if possible

Weils

Neo Member
Sent in a ticket yesterday at Nippon-Yasan, as my 3DS still hasn't shipped. Got a reply this morning:

Well good news I guess, but the reason for the delay sounds a little sketchy. Hope it's smooth sailing once it is finally shipped. Their customer service sounds like it could be a pain to deal with if more issues pop up. I can't really complain though, I knew about their service level and processing time when I placed my order, but their prices are unbeatable. As long as I get my sweet 3DS, I'll wait it out!

My shipment had clearance delay at customs in the morning, but it's now on its way with no further problems. Thought I might have to pay import goods tax for a moment there. :/
Hope you have received your shipping confirmation email soon!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I had something shipped from them via EMS last week and it took nearly a week to go out. No idea why, but once shipped it took just a few days to get to my area. Unfortunately, USPS came at an inconvenient time when no one was home and now I have to get it from the post office. Was there yesterday and they couldn't find the package. -_-

In contrast, the N3DS I ordered with FedEX shipping is already at the local depot, despite the previous delivery estimate of tomorrow (which was pushed up from Friday).

I had something shipped from them via EMS last week and it took nearly a week to go out. No idea why, but once shipped it took just a few days to get to my area. Unfortunately, USPS came at an inconvenient time when no one was home and now I have to get it from the post office. Was there yesterday and they couldn't find the package. -_-

In contrast, the N3DS I ordered with FedEX shipping is already at the local depot, despite the previous delivery estimate of tomorrow (which was pushed up from Friday).

Mine is already at a sorting facility in Dulles, with any luck I'll be able to pick it up tonight!

Jaagen

Have anyone had the system long enough to test the sleep mode battery life yet? That's one of the worst aspects of the original 3DS.

Halabane

Have anyone had the system long enough to test the sleep mode battery life yet? That's one of the worst aspects of the original 3DS.

Left it on all night without a charger and it was fine this morning. I don't recall the problem you are talking about but then again I put that fat battery pack on my rather early in its life.

So I had this brainwave, and...

ic7Sh6VkDckWu.JPG

iKLpbLD7lB6gl.JPG

Doubtless confirmed already, but DS cards are still region-free in the Brave New3DS World :)

Jaagen

Left it on all night without a charger and it was fine this morning. I don't recall the problem you are talking about but then again I put that fat battery pack on my rather early in its life.

The issue was that when compared to the original DS'es, the 3DS has very poor battery life in sleep mode. The loss in battery life when playing is expected because of the more powerful hardware, sure, but the dissappointment was that it didn't last for more than a couple of days with the lid closed. Even the Vita has better battery life in sleep mode than the 3DS.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Mine's also in my city already. Delivery estimate still says tomorrow though.

Love FedEx's ability to bypass the customs process.

Anybody here register for club nintendo japan?

I guess I need to register at tenso first to get an address, but I got a question.

When I tried to register at Club Nintendo, I got to a page asking for my name in Kanji and then in furigana.

How does a foreigner who doesn't have a name in Kanji fill this out?

It's this page here: http://i.imgur.com/lHPx7RG.png

Impotaku

Anybody here register for club nintendo japan?

I guess I need to register at tenso first to get an address, but I got a question.

When I tried to register at Club Nintendo, I got to a page asking for my name in Kanji and then in furigana.

How does a foreigner who doesn't have a name in Kanji fill this out?

It's this page here: http://i.imgur.com/lHPx7RG.png

Just use Kana, that's how my japanese account was set up. Remember though you have to make sure your name is exactly the same as the one registered to tenso if you are going to be using a tenso address for physical gifts.

Mine isn't set up through tenso it's via a friend who lives there so i can't say for sure if tenso/nintendo will allow.

Halabane

The issue was that when compared to the original DS'es, the 3DS has very poor battery life in sleep mode. The loss in battery life when playing is expected because of the more powerful hardware, sure, but the dissappointment was that it didn't last for more than a couple of days with the lid closed. Even the Vita has better battery life in sleep mode than the 3DS.

yeah I remember that now...its why I bought the fat battery pack to replace the original one. Just didn't remember it was also an issue in sleep mode...just when you used it. Anyway seems to be fine. Its been sitting next to me all day, take a break from work to play a little smash every now and then and its still at full power.

Halabane

Can you still hold down "Select" for the "one to one" pixel perfect DS emulation?

That is the beauty about the 3ds. Its a great size for the old ds games which were designed for even smaller screens. Its my official ds backlog machine. yes I still have a ds backlog...don't judge :)

Gameboy415

FedEx dropped off my Nippon Yasan package around 8:30AM today!

Unfortunately, I'm a moron and didn't realize that the black charging cradle I ordered was LL-sized (I got the standard black N3DS). :S I want to get a screen protector from Play-Asia so I guess I can order a correct-sized cradle from them.
I'm planning to get an XL whenever the New models launch in the US so I'll just save the larger cradle for that I suppose. :)

kunonabi

Did we ever get confirmation one way or the other about the screen smudges/scratches still bring a problem on the new 3ds?

Seil

That is the beauty about the 3ds. Its a great size for the old ds games which were designed for even smaller screens. Its my official ds backlog machine. yes I still have a ds backlog...don't judge :)

The scaling to the new resolution is sometimes shit, though. Some games look fine, but many end up having some blurring on text and whatnot. When you run it 1:1 by holding start/select when launching the game, on a normal size 3DS it's ridiculously tiny, while on an XL it ends up being comparable to a DS screen which is great.

Though I'm leaning toward a standard size n3DS, DS games will probably still get played on my XL for this reason.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone else' power save settings seem reversed? When I switch it to off the screen gets a slightly yellow tint but when I switch it to on it becomes a clearer white/blue. This is with full brightness and auto brightness adjustment off. It's completely reversed from my LL

Also interesting that nintendo included a slip of foam between the screens this time. Probably because the screen scratching is still a potential problem.

Top Bottom