• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Rich!

To further elaborate, I'm asking if there is a solution that doesn't involve using a wall socket. Does a USB solution exist?

Uh yeah, theres tonnes of USB to 3DS power adapters on ebay and amazon, usually dirt cheap. They've always been around.

Rich!

Okay, good to know. I'm going to be a first-time 3DS owner so I know nothing about how Nintendo does things.

Ah thats understandable! Well, bear in mind that unless you are in America, the New 3DS will not come with an AC adapter. So you would need to source sone kind of solution. A USB adapter would be the cheapest option actually.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is the sound quality any better? The speakers on the 3DS/XL are incredibly weak.

Tried only for you with Zelda, Star Foy and Mario Kart. Controlling the Arwing via Gyro with 3D worked fine without breaking the 3D effect. Same goes for the aiming in Zelda using Gyro and 3D on - it works really good. Same for Mario Kart.
Like I said before, it may only be a problem with games like Beat'em Up's where the system tends to move a lot - at least in my case.
I'd be just as sceptical if I hadn't seen it for myself, but the legends are true - 3D effect is solid while gyro aiming.
HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING SACRED... How can one be ecstatic and devasted at the same time? On one hand one of the dreams i had with the original model seems to have come true. On the other hand we are pending for an official announcement and prepare for a release date some time in 2015, months of waiting ensue.

The funny and amazing thing here is that we got the "C Stick" that is probably less eficient for aiming than the Circle Pad (or regular console Thumbstick) but since it seems we can use gyro aiming withouth braking the 3D effect, that "C Stick" inefficiency could some what be mitigated by using it in conjunction with the gyro.

So now we could have some decent shooting games in the device, hopefuly is not too late.

Also thank for checking the suggested games Malestein, did i miss your post talking about them in the threat? But man, Star Fox cockpit view in 3D with Gyro controls... it most feel amazing.

Hey Dark some suggestion for next videos, if you want. Upload some videos with how the 3D effect works in the system setting mode. In that screen with a portrait of the siluette of the person infront of the camera, and of course under normal operation. It would be interesting to see the kind of angles it detects and how fast the face recogniton works.

Other things for posible videos:

-How useful is the C stick for aiming. The RE: Revelations video posted in the thread didn't do a good enough job.

-A test of The Dynamic Contrast setting.

-Youtube (youtube 3D?) and HTML 5 videos on the device and some demanding web pages.

-An impact test by throwing the system from 3 floors high.

Also thank for checking the suggested games Malestein, did i miss your post talking about them in the threat? But man, Star Fox cockpit view in 3D with Gyro controls... it most feel amazing.
Well, I did respond to you the first time you asked about these things. I said games with gyro controls should work, but beat'em up's for the reasons mentioned above could be a problem. I didn't test the games before I wrote that comment so it was just a guess on my part. Now that I have, you can relax and look forward to an amazing system :D.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is the sound quality any better? The speakers on the 3DS/XL are incredibly weak.

I second this question. I actually found the sound perfectly fine on my OG 3DS - loud even - but the XL is far too quiet. Would really love it if they kicked it up a notch.

Weils

Neo Member
Update: My package from Nippon Yasan has shipped, and will arrive Thursday 16/10. According to the tracking on FedEx, shipping information was sent to them approx. 12 hours ago.

Meffer

Update: My package from Nippon Yasan has shipped, and will arrive Thursday 16/10. According to the tracking on FedEx, shipping information was sent to them approx. 12 hours ago.

Got the email too, and it should be here on Thursday at noon as well. That's great since that's a day off.

Where can I find that video?
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXgtgn8jeik

It doesn't do a good job showcasing how viable (or not) the C stick is for aiming. Maybe because the person was having a hard time having the system in front of the camera.

Yet even if it is not that good and if indeed the impressions from some users in the thread are true about the 3D effect working when moving the system around, then there's the opportunity for developers to refine C stick aiming with the assistance of the gyroscope. So hopefully we could get some ports from Wii/GC/PS2/Xbox era type of shooters at least or new games in the same ball park.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So hey, anyone with the system have Smash Bros? Hop into the control customization screen, see if ZL and ZR appear in there, and can be assigned to things. And if they can't, hop in a match and see what they do. By all rights we should be able to put shield on L/R and grab on ZL/ZR now, since there's c-stick support, unless Samurai truly hates us.

A few ?s to New 3DS LL owners:
1. How is the screen brightness compared to the old 3DS XL / LL? Is it really the same or can you tell a small difference and if so, which is brighter?
2. Some 3DS XLs had very poor speakers; how are the New 3DS LL ones?
3. Do your screens have a yellowish tint?

So hey, anyone with the system have Smash Bros? Hop into the control customization screen, see if ZL and ZR appear in there, and can be assigned to things. And if they can't, hop in a match and see what they do. By all rights we should be able to put shield on L/R and grab on ZL/ZR now, since there's c-stick support, unless Samurai truly hates us.
1. the buttons don't appear on the customization screen, neither does the C stick
2. ZL = R, ZR = L (yes, vice versa)
3. C stick = D-pad (if I remember correctly)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
2. ZL = R, ZR = L (yes, vice versa)

I can.. live with this. It produces what I want, I think. Shield on R, grab on ZR. So good!

3. C stick = D-pad (if I remember correctly)

I will assume you are remembering incorrectly, since it has been well documented that the c-stick will perform smash attacks like in the previous games, and GameXplain has footage of it working in the demo.

Thanks for checking!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
My delivery estimate seems to have changed from Friday to Thursday.

Going to wait until I get a screen protector in from Amazon before using it anyways so I'll be leaving it untouched for a while even after I get it.

My delivery estimate also changed to Thursday, so I can definitely have this sucker before the weekend.

Now I should just find a place to get the Gyakuten Saiben Trilogy.

I will assume you are remembering incorrectly, since it has been well documented that the c-stick will perform smash attacks like in the previous games, and GameXplain has footage of it working in the demo.

Thanks for checking!
Yeah, my bad. Sorry mate and you're welcome!

My delivery estimate also changed to Thursday, so I can definitely have this sucker before the weekend.

Now I should just find a place to get the Gyakuten Saiben Trilogy.

Amazon.co.jp is having a sale on the normal version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy.
Tenso.com should help you with international shipping ;)

Normal Version [Here]
Special Version [Here]
Special Version 2/Preorder Exclusive [URL="http://www.amazon.co.jp/【イーカプコン限定Ver-】-逆転裁判123-成歩堂セレクション-イーカプ限定特典付き-限定版イーカプコンVer/dp/B00JSPNQ04/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1413264307&sr=8-

kubus

Still nothing on my end :(. "Preparation in progress"...

Yep, definitely getting frustrated now. Why I didn't go with fedex is beyond me. /cries

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Brian★;134253137 said:
Amazon.co.jp is having a sale on the normal version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy.
That's actually not a sale price, just the normal Amazon markdown they put on most products. It's pretty much always been that price ever since it dropped to around that everywhere else half a year ago, though it looks like it dropped 500 yen or so for a bit last month.

mFdrmC1.jpg

Mozz-eyes

Banned
For those asking about the sound through earphones, I can confirm that the N3DS is louder than the LL while using them. That was my home test. Consider that the control.

I'll test it out on train today for you chaps.

mrback

Well had a good tinker around with the new3ds standard model last night & really impressed. its comfy to hold. Was a bit sceptical about the improved 3d but it really works well, very clever tech there. Really have to try hard to break the 3d. Had a quick go of the res evil demo with the c-stick setting & first impressions were good, (way better than the standard mode on my 2ds) I've downloaded 3d outrun & r-type pc engine this morning to have a blast of on my lunch. ive got about 1300 yen left so any recommendations for anything else? only gripe I've got is finding stuff on the eshop is a bit of a bind but that cant be helped though.
I've got the black but think I'd prefer white. If I had white I'd probably want black though :/

JCho133

Well had a good tinker around with the new3ds standard model last night & really impressed. its comfy to hold. Was a bit sceptical about the improved 3d but it really works well, very clever tech there. Really have to try hard to break the 3d. Had a quick go of the res evil demo with the c-stick setting & first impressions were good, (way better than the standard mode on my 2ds) I've downloaded 3d outrun & r-type pc engine this morning to have a blast of on my lunch. ive got about 1300 yen left so any recommendations for anything else? only gripe I've got is finding stuff on the eshop is a bit of a bind but that cant be helped though.
I've got the black but think I'd prefer white. If I had white I'd probably want black though :/

Cool, more positive impressions with resident evil. Thanks.

Btw, were you playing with first person or third person aiming?

And do they have a solid white faceplate, haha? You could have both that way.

mrback

Cool, more positive impressions with resident evil. Thanks.

Btw, were you playing with first person or third person aiming?

And do they have a solid white faceplate, haha? You could have both that way.

Hi, I tried with the first person aiming, not sure how to change to third person. I like the black but even though its matte it still shows up the fingerprints a bit. I think I will keep the white one when it turns up, just need to work out how best to transfer everything over is all.

kubus

Gonna send Nippon-Yasan an email why my order still hasn't shipperd. I probably won't be getting it before the weekend now... Wish there was some way to upgrade to fedex :(

So my package is at my local FedEx facility. Just waiting on the call to confirm that I can come pick it up this morning (which should be between 10 and 11). Then I will race home!

Thanks for the 3D impressions.

Anyone think they'll make a game that lets you look around the area based on your head position like that old DSi game? It should work well in combination with the 3D fix. Not sideways obviously.

Btw, a quick question to the GAF members actually in Japan: Is anyone picking up a copy of the CoroCoro magazine this week and willing to share the included Pokemon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Rby demo code included?

I really wish to give it a try, espeically since Nintendo of America is being slow to let us know anything about the demo's release here after almost everywhere else has already given demo details/codes....

Beckx

That's quite the price, and box art.

Although... seeing the required need for personal ID is a bit of a turnoff for tenso.com

You can redact everything except your address, which you're giving anyway, so it's painless.

Speaking of, my package is winging its way to me via EMS as we speak! Now to decide which faceplate to use first.

M3d10n

Thanks for the 3D impressions.

Anyone think they'll make a game that lets you look around the area based on your head position like that old DSi game? It should work well in combination with the 3D fix. Not sideways obviously.

Not possible, the face tracking is disabled if a game accesses the internal camera.

Tenck

What a dumb experience the system transfer was. Twice it just didn't want to comply with the eShop content transfer. My pink 3DS LL would just shut off and return to menu.

Now that it's over, I'm not looking forward to ever doing that again.

Right off the bat I felt the speed increase when booting up Smash 4. Was ridiculous. It's like going from HDD to SSD. Oh and hitting the home button immediately brought up the home menu. I'm not used to that when playing smash!

The C-Stick is really weird though. I know people compare it to laptop nubs, but I've never used one. I honestly thought mine was busted cause it does not move at all. Using it in Smash was a little awkward too, but it works well enough so that people who want to work with the C-stick can. The attacks came out quickly, and charging them up was simple.

That's all I can really say right now. It's early here and I've had very little sleep, so I can't collect all my thoughts at the moment.

Top Bottom