• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

Rich!

Is this even legal? If it isn't, then not really the best idea to post on GAF?

Of course its legal. Homebrew discussion is also fully welcome and encouraged on GAF too. For example:

logo.png

Highly active since 2008, 240+ pages.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=291277

And my thread, which includes mod participation, about modding your Wii U with homebrew to play Gamecube games:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=927094

Ayumi

Of course its legal. Homebrew discussion is also fully welcome and encouraged on GAF too.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing up my question! Read about pirating so I assumed/wanted to know if it counted for this as well. I can see why it would be okay, it's not like actually pirating a game anyway.

Impotaku

Just finished messing around with the Oh Gatchman game, the magazine seems to work quite a lot with the game. Once you have inputted the codes in an issue and downloaded the minigames you apparently can go for a high score ranking as it gives you a unique password relating to your name & score so after completing the minigame. i think on the dengei bazooka website you can register yourself on the leaderboards.

In the magazine it lists a cheat mode to make the minigames harder and there seems to be an AR marker on one page i can't activate yet. On the Gatchman manga there are a few AR markers hidden away that unlock character that will pop out of the page if you press A you are given a gift of turds, you can also obtain turds by completing the minigames, the turds that you mould with your hands into items can be selected during the minigames to give you some added stat upgrades. Now you no longer have to wait several ours for the volcano to generate turds.

The first minigame has you sneaking up on people and jamming your fingers in their ass, yes typical Japanese schoolkid humour. The second minigame has you trying to fart your way through a level without hitting anything while collecting all the turds. Next issue will apparently have 3 new minigames according to this months magazine.

Definately going to stick with this one as it's a fun magazine with some interesting stuff to read in it.

Impotaku

Made a start on nazo waku yakata. I really like it, totally full of charm and the stereo sound effect is REALLY good however it's creepy as hell with headphones on. First character you come across wants you to help find where the cat is hidden by using the gyro on the 3DS and listening to mii chan's meows when you think you have found her you have to call her name. Second person i came across wanted help looking for a ghost so i had to listen for ghostly noises then take pics, this one actually made me jump lol.

ust experienced the horror of the creepy mannequin asking if she was pretty this one made me jump as well it's really creepy the way that thing moves, now here is the problem if you are a beginner to Japanese. The game requires you to talk to the characters in the game as in literally talk Japanese into the mic, so far i have managed to interact with them ok but if someone is a total beginner then it's probably a no go.

It uses literally every feature of the 3DS in some way, it reminds me of the DS launch games in a way but the game is fun so far, each character seems crazy lol. Not one i can see myself playing over and over again as it plays out like a storybook but a nice addition to my library when i feel like something unusual, it was cheap enough to make it worthwhile.

Halabane

TOS of NeoGaf allows for piracy discussions, just no links to pirated data etc. That and you are on your own if you want to hang yourself. :)

This can happen if you cross the line, so it depends also on where you live:
http://kotaku.com/5923098/cops-arrest-college-student-over-wii-homebrew-software

Of course he was doing quite a bit and charging money.

I remember in one of the IEEE pubs...can't find it to reference it...an IP lawyer talked about its okay for you to mod whatever you want. Just voids the warranty. Its another thing to teach others how to SOFTMOD (that was the term he or she used) that ends up breaking copyright laws. But then goes into a conversation of its a lot of grey in here. The only known no no is the DCMA stuff and torrents of ISO stuff. But that's because they are actively engaged in protecting their copyrights.

The first part of this wiki link shows in the EU how it changes from country to country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modding

Crazy...I stay away from it. It would be too tempting to download the games. I have not seen any app that I would want for the homebrewers. Having all the games that I own ripped and on a disk, guess would be nice but that means my wii would have to come out of storage. Too many new games to play.

chadi

Has anyone tried playing youtube videos on the browser? I know it's still crappy compared to smartphones, etc. but I still checked it out to try and watch 3D videos. It's only showing up as a black screen though when I try to play one (even the non-3D ones). I could hear the sound playing though. Anyone else encountered and found a fix for this?

Has anyone tried playing youtube videos on the browser? I know it's still crappy compared to smartphones, etc. but I still checked it out to try and watch 3D videos. It's only showing up as a black screen though when I try to play one (even the non-3D ones). I could hear the sound playing though. Anyone else encountered and found a fix for this?

Weird, I've had no problem playing youtube videos through the browser so far.

Zornica

Banned
Made a start on nazo waku yakata. I really like it, totally full of charm and the stereo sound effect is REALLY good however it's creepy as hell with headphones on. First character you come across wants you to help find where the cat is hidden by using the gyro on the 3DS and listening to mii chan's meows when you think you have found her you have to call her name. Second person i came across wanted help looking for a ghost so i had to listen for ghostly noises then take pics, this one actually made me jump lol.

ust experienced the horror of the creepy mannequin asking if she was pretty this one made me jump as well it's really creepy the way that thing moves, now here is the problem if you are a beginner to Japanese. The game requires you to talk to the characters in the game as in literally talk Japanese into the mic, so far i have managed to interact with them ok but if someone is a total beginner then it's probably a no go.

It uses literally every feature of the 3DS in some way, it reminds me of the DS launch games in a way but the game is fun so far, each character seems crazy lol. Not one i can see myself playing over and over again as it plays out like a storybook but a nice addition to my library when i feel like something unusual, it was cheap enough to make it worthwhile.

so what kind of game is this?
is it a collection of minigames? is it an adventure game? maybe some sort of text adventure with puzzles?
I've been following the game for years but I still couldn't figure out how gameplay may look like...

JulianImp

Haven't posted here yet, but I guess I might as well do so now...

I bought a New 3DS on launch day (white version), and have been enjoying it a lot so far. The lack of a hardware-based wi-fi toggle is a bit of a pain compared to my US XL, but the eye tracking used for 3D has been amazing for me so far. The volume slider can now be "stuck" to zero just like the 3D slider, which is also amazing to avoid accidentally raising the volume while commuting or something.

One bad thing I've noticed so far is that the top screen is getting some marks from the plastic rim from the bottom screen. Luckily, I put a screen protector film on it the day I bought the console, but I'm still placing a small piece of cloth between the screens while I'm not using the console as a safety measure.

Regarding games, so far I've bought:
- Smash 3DS: Obvious
- Ace Attorney Trilogy: Didn't think I'd like the series too much, but I'm now in love with it. Too bad that games 4 and 5 as well as both Investigations games are only in Japanese, though, but I'll probably end up getting AAI2 simply because there's no other way to play it so far
- Bravely Default - For the Sequel: Got it once I made sure it had an English text option in order to avoid having to download such a large game digitally, and have been enjoying it so far. Still it's been getting kind of repetitive as of late, sadly
- Beyond the Labyrinth: Looks interesting, but the first dungeon takes things a bit too slow for me so far. Will probably go back to playing it once I'm done with AA3
- Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Haven't played it yet
- Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow: This is a game I kind of enjoyed, but it sadly made me realise I'm tired of the igavania formula
- Jump Ultimate Stars: Kind of fun and it's cool to be able to play with characters from so many different franchises, but it feels like the movement and attack options are kind of underwhelming for me so far compared to other fighting games. Also, no longer having access to online matches is a big letdown
- Ni no Kuni: Played just a bit of it, but it looks great so far. I honestly don't get how they managed to record so many voiceovers in a DS cart.
- Picross 3D: Fun game for passing the time, and was really cheap anyway
- Rocket Slime: Haven't played it yet, but it was cheap and I heard it was a good game
- Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - Kizuna 1: Bought it since it was cheap and I like the series. My Japanese is still not enough to get everything that's written onscreen, but I'll eventually get better

I'd love to get some JP exclusives for either 3DS or DS that range from good to decent. Preferably I'd like getting games I could enjoy without having to read and answer to walls of text in Japanese, but I'll still be buying a couple of that kind of games for practice anyway. GBA and GB games are also possible purchases (still looking for the elusive Pokemon Trading Card Game 2), but not as high-priority since the good games are a lot harder to find than DS games.

Edit: I have a specific question regarding BD-FtS: I've already created a Square Enix JP account and tried logging in with both my username and password and my e-mail and password, but neither of them worked (I get a different kind of error when I input my e-mail address, but I think the username error was something along the lines of "user/pass not found"). It sucks that everything else in the game is in english except for this. As a bonus question, I'd like to know if there's a way to write kanji in the messages you use for attacks or your profile, since pre-set messages use them but I've been unable to write any so far.

Impotaku

so what kind of game is this?
is it a collection of minigames? is it an adventure game? maybe some sort of text adventure with puzzles?
I've been following the game for years but I still couldn't figure out how gameplay may look like...

Think of it like an interactive storybook with minigames seamlessly blended into it, for a lot of it you are sat listening to the wonderful voice acting and enjoying the story unfold. As new characters are introduced, a marker will sometimes come on the screen of some sort depending on the minigame game you are about to play to let you know a response is required of some sort, you will have to interact with some of the characters verbally in Japanese.

For example the creepy mannequin i mentioned before when you first come across her she will ask you if you are a mannequin or human you need to reply back. She is totally naked so you need to giver her clothes each time she asks you , you have to tell her an article of clothing, shoes, shirt, jacket ect if you don't do it in time she wigs out and kills you.

In another room you come across a group of kids who are playing the game done on setsubun, the demon banisihing bean throwing game. You have to find the kids hiding by moving your 3DS with the gyro sensor and then when found them you have throw beans at the oni by saying "oni wa soto" the unfortunate demon will then be removed from the room in a grisly sounding death, lol it's horrible in 3D stereo as you can hear it been eaten by something.

Another room you meet a woman in a bikini who asks you to massage her, you then have to follow her prompts using the touch screen to find the right spot she will ask you to move a little up or a little right ect till you find the spot. This one sounds pretty embarrasing without headphones on as she is moaning in pleasure, anyone nearby would be convinced you are playing some filthy sex game haha.

One of the games i did struggle on is the one where you enter the room and there is a girl & her mum and you are asked to help the girl study, she then starts reading off the multiplication times tables in japanese LOL yeah i can barely manage numbers fast enough let alone trying to do my times tables in Japanese, thankfully this is one of the minigames you can get totally wrong and still pass to the next level but i'm assuming that you will get a good or bad ending depending on how well you did each with each person. Some games are game over if you mess up though like the mannequin encounter. I'm hoping my Japanese ability is enough to complete the rest of the games as it's quite a workout with listening as there is very little text in the game as it's all spoken.

Kind of suprised Capcom made something as far out as this as it's not their usual kind of thing but a really unique experience. Glad i found out about it and bought it, thanks to this great thread :)

Halabane

really happy with the amazon.jp pokemon deal. 3899yen is a good deal for pokemon in general. if you haven't done it yet its still available to get the 500yen off if you download the demo.

Still sad I missed out on the eon... :( maybe I can street pass with one of you guys. :)

Yasawas

really happy with the amazon.jp pokemon deal. 3899yen is a good deal for pokemon in general. if you haven't done it yet its still available to get the 500yen off if you download the demo.

First I'd seen of this deal, got the demo and my 500 yen off code this morning. Wasn't going to get this but at £21 it's quite tempting. Can I use a UK card on amazon.jp with a non-matching address for a digital product though? I had to put in card details for the demo and used a Tokyo address as it wouldn't take my real one but that was obviously without a charge being made.

Halabane

First I'd seen of this deal, got the demo and my 500 yen off code this morning. Wasn't going to get this but at £21 it's quite tempting. Can I use a UK card on amazon.jp with a non-matching address for a digital product though? I had to put in card details for the demo and used a Tokyo address as it wouldn't take my real one but that was obviously without a charge being made.

I don't know about the uk but I have been using a non-us address with no problems. Though the address is Tenso reshipper address so maybe that helps.

Impotaku

Decided to do a faceplate change as i was eager to see how my newest one looked installed onto my 3DS, shall keep this one on a while as i really like it. The silver against white looks really nice, love how each faceplate technically makes your 3DS a limited edition for countless different looks without having to buy a new system each time a new design comes out.

Took a few pics
IMG_0231%20res.jpg

IMG_0232%20res.jpg

IMG_0233%20res.jpg

chadboban

Decided to do a faceplate change as i was eager to see how my newest one looked installed onto my 3DS, shall keep this one on a while as i really like it. The silver against white looks really nice, love how each faceplate technically makes your 3DS a limited edition for countless different looks without having to buy a new system each time a new design comes out.

Took a few pics
IMG_0231%20res.jpg

IMG_0232%20res.jpg

IMG_0233%20res.jpg

That smash plate is GORGEOUS!!

Think of it like an interactive storybook with minigames seamlessly blended into it, for a lot of it you are sat listening to the wonderful voice acting and enjoying the story unfold. As new characters are introduced, a marker will sometimes come on the screen of some sort depending on the minigame game you are about to play to let you know a response is required of some sort, you will have to interact with some of the characters verbally in Japanese.

For example the creepy mannequin i mentioned before when you first come across her she will ask you if you are a mannequin or human you need to reply back. She is totally naked so you need to giver her clothes each time she asks you , you have to tell her an article of clothing, shoes, shirt, jacket ect if you don't do it in time she wigs out and kills you.
How's the speech recognition accuracy and those the 3D positional sound convey a good sense of space?

Don't understand how this type of 3D positional sound technology is not a standard by now.

Took a few pics:
IMG_0233%20res.jpg
You know what would be amazing?

Making a transparent face plate, so you can slide whatever printed image you want. Pretty much infinity custom face plates XD

Hatchtag

Banned
With ORAS launching shortly, I have a question:
Amazon says this will be available for download about two hours from now, at 3PM Japan time. Is that true? Will I be able to download ORAS off the JP eshop then?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Making a transparent face plate, so you can slide whatever printed image you want. Pretty much infinity custom face plates XD
There's already a couple of colored transparent ones but I'm willing to bet custom 3rd party clear ones will be available everywhere once it's released worldwide.

Took a few pics
IMG_0231%20res.jpg
lol everyone's serious except Pikachu.

Zornica

Banned

Still sad I missed out on the eon... :( maybe I can street pass with one of you guys. :)

how exactly does that work? and whats an eon?
haven't paid to much attention to oras as I don't care much... but If it's a bargain, I start caring.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
how exactly does that work? and whats an eon?
haven't paid to much attention to oras as I don't care much... but If it's a bargain, I start caring.

I believe he is referring to the "Eon Ticket" event for the Pokemon games. In short, depending on which game you have depends on whether you can get Latios/Latias. The Eon Ticket allows you to travel to an island and encounter the opposite pokemon which would otherwise be unobtainable in the game.

In Japan, the Eon Ticket is being distributed via a serial code contained in the Corocoro Comic magazine which gives direct access to the ticket versus the Streetpass only event outside of the country for all other territories. Because of this, the issue of the magazine with the code has been pretty much sold out (unless there are further prints planned). I ended up snagging two copies of the magazine from Nippon Yasan for myself and a friend. Hoping that the Japanese ticket can easily Streetpass between my NA and JPN 3DS systems....

Halabane

Yes that is exactly what I was referring too. In both cases.
Download time! My 3ds says its 3pm!
Gonna catch ... oh you know... :)

Zornica

Banned
http://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=amb_l...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=187047789&pf_rd_i=B00OT5NT50

"Purchase" the free demo from Amazon before midnight of the 22nd and you'll automatically get a 500 yen credit towards the digital versions of the games, which are already priced cheaper than directly from the eshop.

oh... I see. Thanks for the link, but I don't buy digitally, no matter the platform, no matter how cheap.

I believe he is referring to the "Eon Ticket" event for the Pokemon games. In short, depending on which game you have depends on whether you can get Latios/Latias. The Eon Ticket allows you to travel to an island and encounter the opposite pokemon which would otherwise be unobtainable in the game.

In Japan, the Eon Ticket is being distributed via a serial code contained in the Corocoro Comic magazine which gives direct access to the ticket versus the Streetpass only event outside of the country for all other territories. Because of this, the issue of the magazine with the code has been pretty much sold out (unless there are further prints planned). I ended up snagging two copies of the magazine from Nippon Yasan for myself and a friend. Hoping that the Japanese ticket can easily Streetpass between my NA and JPN 3DS systems....

is it in the latest corocoro? do I need to use the ticket with oras? or does it also work with xy (got the pal version...)?
I may get lucky at my local family mart. Living in the middle of nowhere may finally pay off!

oh... I see. Thanks for the link, but I don't buy digitally, no matter the platform, no matter how cheap.

is it in the latest corocoro? do I need to use the ticket with oras? or does it also work with xy (got the pal version...)?
I may get lucky at my local family mart. Living in the middle of nowhere may finally pay off!

Yes, it is included in the latest issue which released on the 15th. The code is only useable with ORAS and region locked to the Japanese versions of the games for initial use (hence why my fingers are tightly crossed in the hope I can Streetpass the ticket between both of my systems)

Halabane

My fault on that. I had an email from amazon saying it nov 20 at 1500...that was just the time the code became active. I thought I had heard it was coming earlier to japan so...sorry my bad.

Halabane

"Yes, it is included in the latest issue which released on the 15th. The code is only useable with ORAS and region locked to the Japanese versions of the games for initial use (hence why my fingers are tightly crossed in the hope I can Streetpass the ticket between both of my systems)"

And that is confusing to me. How do they expect it to get seeded in other countries? The few people who come here? ... then the even fewer who get a chance to SP?

There has to be another way than that outside of JPN.

Impotaku

How's the speech recognition accuracy and those the 3D positional sound convey a good sense of space?

Don't understand how this type of 3D positional sound technology is not a standard by now.

You know what would be amazing?

The speech recognition is pretty good, seems to recognise my voice fine & i'm not exactly brilliant at pronunciation. The game has 5 sound settings for the 3D stereo so you can adjust it to suit you better but the default one seems to work fine, with headphones on you can easily find things in a room by sound alone the effect is really well done, in one game you are in a dark room and something is chasing you, you can hear them running behind you and throwing items to trip you up, you can easily tell where the items are coming from to be able to dodge them.

There are already clear faceplates but the plasic is coloured, i can definately see some 3rd party making clear plates that you can put your own design under, there is a guy on youtube that did it with the coloured ones he used a Miku Hatune flyer and quickly cut it up and put it under the plates and it looked really good.

"Yes, it is included in the latest issue which released on the 15th. The code is only useable with ORAS and region locked to the Japanese versions of the games for initial use (hence why my fingers are tightly crossed in the hope I can Streetpass the ticket between both of my systems)"

And that is confusing to me. How do they expect it to get seeded in other countries? The few people who come here? ... then the even fewer who get a chance to SP?

There has to be another way than that outside of JPN.

In the UK, they are selecting just 15 people to give an initial ticket to and it will be up to those people to spread the ticket further by streetpassing others in a chain effect. In the US, it is the same thing, except the tickets will be given to organizers of the Play! Pokemon League (of which there are at 1000) to streetpass to their attendees and spread out from there

kubus

Just ordered a DL code for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire at Amazon Japan. I thought it was strange that they asked for my creditcard details again, having them saved on my account, but I did as they asked and gave them my cc info again. At the end of the checkout process I got my DL code, but then when I went into my account it said that there was something wrong with my payment method... I freaked out, thinking they might've noticed that I'm not from Japan (I checked the "I live inside Japan" box and used my Tenso address). But after re-entering the CC info for the third time, it seemed to work. Finally got my order confirmation. Hopefully it was just a small hiccup in the system and it's not a sign for more things to go wrong in the future...

Kinda weird that they already gave me the DL code at the end of the checkout, and then "threatened" that they wouldn't give me my DL code if I didn't fix my payment information though, lol.

I can't remember all the types off the top of my head but i remember polkapolka types (green flower symbol) are usually healing types ishamashi (horns looking symbol) are usually attack focused (i think with weapons) Goketsu (fist symbol) attack with physical attacks, you have to look at their natures really as you can have healing youkai with an attack based personality, or you could have an attack based youkai that can heal you but can give them books to make their natures change.

In the first game the food they like is not shown by scanning with the lens you have to guess and remember, i have to rely on my guidebook for the first game to work out which types a certain youkai likes if you want to know a particular youkai's favourite food just let us know and i'll look it up for you. Sometimes you can guess like you did with jibanyan but a lot of them have food that isn't related to them so it's harder to guess. I'm assuming you know about the pin option when using the lens to focus all your attacks on a certain part of a boss or chosing a certain youkai? The pig in the bath house is tricky at first it's probably a good idea to level up a bit as he hits hard. You need to focus on the belly buton by using the pin obviously he keeps covering that part with a bucket.
Thanks for the info as always! I knew that you could switch targets using the pin option, but I had no idea you could even target specific parts of a boss! That really helped and I finally beat the boss :D. I should probably do some more youkai training in the future (I kinda blasted my way through the story, lol)

Impotaku

Thanks for the info as always! I knew that you could switch targets using the pin option, but I had no idea you could even target specific parts of a boss! That really helped and I finally beat the boss :D. I should probably do some more youkai training in the future (I kinda blasted my way through the story, lol)

I know what you mean about blasting through, it's so fun that you want to see the next area. Happened to me a few times where you go into somewhere new and the youkai just destroy you as you are not strong enough, there are orbs that you can find that give your youkai exp when used they look like round marbles with a swirl on them the rarer bigger types look like a soul handy if you ned to level up fast.

My advice is to try and alternate a healer and attacker all the way around your wheel that way when you rotate it you always have at least one healer in your team, if you can't find any healers you can use the book called support life to turn a youkai into a healing personality.

I am currently in the mood to wring the neck of every potential Play Asia customer service rep.... Last night, knowing this is generally the time frame they receive and ship preorders for games, I contacted a rep via Facebook Messenger to inquire about my order for both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The rep informed me the games were in stock but, because I also preordered the Hoenn guidebook which is due out on the 22nd, that they were still waiting on the book to fulfill my order. They were nice enough to actually give me the option of splitting my order so that I could receive the games first (Wednesday night here means I would get the games Friday via FedEx) and could pay an additional reduced shipping fee to get the book later. I asked if I could just in fact remove the book from the order all together (found it for far cheaper with shipping included on Amazon Japan) and the rep said no problem. After removing the book and having me double check my order page, they promised the games would ship last night and I would have my tracking info first thing in the morning...

Lo and behold, I wake up and check my order and it still says Preparing. I contact the rep again but got someone different as they said the games did NOT arrive and that they were sorry for the delay and that they should be in today. They said they would make sure my order was the first one out of the warehouse tonight but I'm skeptical as the item pages for the games say: More Stock Expected to Arrive on Nov 22, 2014 and Usually ships within 1 week. And it seems there are several other customers who have gotten shafted as well. It is one thing to have a shipment delayed, but to say More Stock expected means that they must've had the games like I was informed.

The main reason I am venting about this is because I went with the more expensive PlayAsia because they normally have impeccable shipping times and great customer service. But to promise me one thing and turn around and get a different response when that promise is broken is upsetting. I ordered the games with the hope of receiving them Friday as I will be leaving on Sunday for the Thanksgiving holiday to visit family for the entire week! And I can't order from anywhere else (not that the shipping times would be feasible unless I got Saturday delivery) because the funds for the order are still on hold.... I feel like crap right now....

Impotaku

I have learnt a long time ago that if you preorder a game from them and there is another item that you are waiting to come in stock on a later date that they don't actually bother holding your item they will just sell it to another customer.

Unless you literally preorder the moment they put the preorders up you run the chance of your preorder instantly turning into "ships within 1 week" if you order later as they obviously don't have enough stock but don't bother to let you know so they do the trick of changing your order to "preparing" so you can't cancel it.

I have ordered several games that were marked as in stock at the same time only to find one has magically turned to "ships within 1 week" in the meantime while you are waiting for that game, one of the others you ordered goes also out of stock and because they dont hold on to them for your order yes you then have to wait even longer, it's a total mess and one of the reasons i no longer use them.

Amazon Japan at least hold the items for you or splits off and ships them separate with no extra shipping cost to you.

I have learnt a long time ago that if you preorder a game from them and there is another item that you are waiting to come in stock on a later date that they don't actually bother holding your item they will just sell it to another customer.

Unless you literally preorder the moment they put the preorders up you run the chance of your preorder instantly turning into "ships within 1 week" if you order later as they obviously don't have enough stock but don't bother to let you know so they do the trick of changing your order to "preparing" so you can't cancel it.

I have ordered several games that were marked as in stock at the same time only to find one has magically turned to "ships within 1 week" in the meantime while you are waiting for that game, one of the others you ordered goes also out of stock and because they dont hold on to them for your order yes you then have to wait even longer, it's a total mess and one of the reasons i no longer use them.

Amazon Japan at least hold the items for you or splits off and ships them separate with no extra shipping cost to you.

But that's just the thing! The rep on FB messenger explicitly informed me I could have the book removed so that the games would ship last night. He/She removed the item as they said they would...but they didn't hold up the second half of the bargain. I am irritated because you, as a company, should not make a promise you have no intention of keeping...

Thing is, other complaints are coming from customers that preordered even earlier than I did. One said he ordered in June and his friend in August. Guess which one got their order shipped last night?

Impotaku

They probably knew they had no stock and just strung you along hoping that you wouldn't cancel your order before they got more stock in. I have had their customer service outright lie to me in the past.

I once ordered a copy of mario vs dk on the gameboy advance and they shipped me a crushed & damaged box, when i contacted them they outright insisted that it was pristine when they shipped it and it must have been damaged in the post. Now here's the thing the shipping box when it arrived was totally pristine & in the middle of lots of packing was my game. It was never damaged during shipping they just wanted to offload their damaged goods, when i asked for a refund they refused and said i would have to take store credit.

I'm not suprised you are annoyed, it's infuriating when you preorder and you don't even get it shipped. Kind of makes preordering a waste of time from them.

Yasawas

Puyo Puyo Mini Version from the eShop is amazing value for 200 yen. I'm not a big puzzle game guy but if you like the idea of a time waster like that for the odd 10-15 minute go on your commute then it's a great buy for the money.

Are any of the old Final Fantasy games on the Virtual Console still worth a go in 2014?

Impotaku

Just a heads up, i have ordered the december issue of corocoro as it has a hero bank QR code i really wanted as a side effect of that it seems i'll have the ORAS eon ticket code, don't really go for pokemon nowdays but i'll try and redeem it so i can pass the data onto my homepass relay because all the mac addresses are mainly based in america & europe the data will go to those regions hopefully someone will eventually get it and pass it on but seeing as i leave my relay running 24/7 it will be sending out constant data with the eon ticket. I just hope you can send it out without having to use the game. If it seems i can't send the data without owning the game i'll donate it to someone in the west who has the game to spread it.

Halabane

Just a heads up, i have ordered the december issue of corocoro as it has a hero bank QR code i really wanted as a side effect of that it seems i'll have the ORAS eon ticket code, don't really go for pokemon nowdays but i'll try and redeem it so i can pass the data onto my homepass relay because all the mac addresses are mainly based in america & europe the data will go to those regions hopefully someone will eventually get it and pass it on but seeing as i leave my relay running 24/7 it will be sending out constant data with the eon ticket. I just hope you can send it out without having to use the game. If it seems i can't send the data without owning the game i'll donate it to someone in the west who has the game to spread it.

not sure you can. I am guessing you need the game and activate street pass for that game...but I am guessing. I thought the eon ticket was in nov?

Top Bottom