• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

not sure you can. I am guessing you need the game and activate street pass for that game...but I am guessing. I thought the eon ticket was in nov?

This month's issue of Corocoro IS the December issue.

Impotaku: he is correct. To receive the ticket, you must input the code in the game itself and verify your receipt of the ticket by visiting a delivery girl in a Pokemon center.

Impotaku

Corocoro has this weird thing of numbering the issues one month in advance, the one available in november has decembers date on it. The one released in december will have jan date on it

This is decembers issue you can see the month at the top in gold
81Gh6ShN1uL.jpg

Ah if you definately need the game, i'll donate the code to someone with the Japanese version then when my copy turns up. I have no need for it but i thought i could help spread it as it's annoying when they do these limited event things for pokemon.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here with a New 3DS (doesn't matter on size) have the new pokemon games? If so, are there any enhancements for it on the new system or is it exactly the same?

Zing

Banned
Game Freak, the developer who is probably still using GBA era code in their games and can't even get a scene with literally only two 3D models in it run at 30FPS optimize for the new 3DS? Hahahhahaha

Game Freak, the developer who is probably still using GBA era code in their games and can't even get a scene with literally only two 3D models in it run at 30FPS optimize for the new 3DS? Hahahhahaha

Seriously, no need to be facetious... I was only asking if there were any benefits to playing on a n3DS vs a regular 3DS...

Halabane

Corocoro has this weird thing of numbering the issues one month in advance, the one available in november has decembers date on it. The one released in december will have jan date on it

This is decembers issue you can see the month at the top in gold
81Gh6ShN1uL.jpg

Ah if you definately need the game, i'll donate the code to someone with the Japanese version then when my copy turns up. I have no need for it but i thought i could help spread it as it's annoying when they do these limited event things for pokemon.

Yeah most mags work that way...no? usually a month ahead. least mine usually seem to be. my earlier comment was I thought I was told nov was the issue with the eon code or are you saying that dec had the code in it? my copy of dec is currently still in transit.

Halabane

I'm not sure. We need a direct comparison, really.

I can do that tomorrow. We are getting a us version in and we already have been playing the jpn version. so we will see. but I never thought of pokemon as a system stress game. its turn based battles. I see werster has already finished it ... took him less than 5 hrs.

Impotaku

Seems like some of the faceplates do come with codes for exclusive themes, The newest wave of faceplates all come with the kisekae Mario theme via a code according to Amazon Japan's descriptions on the faceplates.
img_campaign.png

Impotaku

Hmm seems all 5 of the faceplates i have ordered come with that new Mario theme download code, no need for 5 codes it's a tad overkill lol.

For those who own a Japanese 3DS i'll give them away i'll have 4 up for grabs for people that don't want to buy a faceplate for it.

I just got a chance to try the New 3DS at Bic Camera today and I am SO impressed. Really, SO impressed with the new 3D head tracking. I was shaking that thing back and forth and it worked flawlessly. I feel like it's getting more and more rare that I'm impressed by technology, but I was by that.

Schlomo

Hmm seems all 5 of the faceplates i have ordered come with that new Mario theme download code, no need for 5 codes it's a tad overkill lol.

For those who own a Japanese 3DS i'll give them away i'll have 4 up for grabs for people that don't want to buy a faceplate for it.

Can I have one? Thanks in advance!

kubus

:eek: I'd love to have one if you still got some left!

I love that commercial :)

Impotaku

The faceplates are currently sat at my space in Tenso, when i have them in hand you & Schlomo can have one, all 5 of them were from the newest wave of plates and according to Amazon they should all come with a code.

kubus

The faceplates are currently sat at my space in Tenso, when i have them in hand you & Schlomo can have one, all 5 of them were from the newest wave of plates and according to Amazon they should all come with a code.
Awesome :D. Thank you!

I just prepared a new order on amazon.co.jp. I'm ordering four new faceplates (glow-in-the-dark Boo, Pokemon ORAS, Jibanyan and Smash), another pack of screen protectors and Youkai Watch 2 Shinuchi. For some reason the special edition of Youkai Watch with tons of extra goodies is cheaper than the normal version of the game :p.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing an "wait for all items to arrive, then ship them out" option during checkout so I'm afraid I'll have to pay some extra fees to Tenso when they have to combine all the parcels into one. Some of the faceplates and the screen protector are currently sold out, too. Hopefully they'll restock them soon so I can order everything together and save on consolidation fees. Really excited for the new faceplates :D.

Once I get the new plates I'll distribute the Mario theme codes here, if they're still handing them out by then.

Impotaku

Ah you're welcome, once my last few items get released near the end of the month i'll get it all shipped over, these are the huge orders for myself for xmas, it has a lot of youkai & hero bank stuff in there.

If you see any faceplate on Amazon with the words 「きせかえマリオ」のテーマ ダウンロード番号付
next to it that means it comes with the mario theme download code. Seems the next wave that was released after the smash plate all have them.

I can shed some light on to the price difference of youkai watch shinuchi, the set which has the extra amazon exclusive lenticular clear file & extra postcards costs less than the other one because it's actually been sold by Amazon so it's retail price as they still have preorders left to buy, the game on it's own is currently out of stock to preorder from Amazon so the one you see is from a marketplace seller hence the higher price..

Halabane

There was an update for smash which I thought was for amiibo but not seeing anyway to use one. The wii version there is a button. I checked the eshop for an update but none there. Anyone having luck or is it yet to be available?

The amiibos are great by the way.

Since there's a good concentration of people that have Japanese knowledge in here...

When Xenoblade Chronicles was unveiled at the 3DS Direct. Was there any confirmation of the game been rendered in stereoscopic 3D?

My curiosity is spiked because the game was one of the most impressive (possibly demanding Wii games) and the 3DS having the capability to render it in stereo 3D would be a good precedent on how well other potential GC/Wii ports could be handled by the system.

Owari

There was an update for smash which I thought was for amiibo but not seeing anyway to use one. The wii version there is a button. I checked the eshop for an update but none there. Anyone having luck or is it yet to be available?

The amiibos are great by the way.

Having the same issue. I don't think Amiibo support is implemented in the game yet, which is a shame because updating may remove Homebrew capabilities.

Impotaku

Looks like i'll be going on yahoo auctions at some point in the future, Nintendo are having a kisekae plate designing contest at the moment. You have to use the website to design a perfect combo using the plates on there you then have to share it with Nintendo via twitter so that's me totally out as i don't use that thing. The winners Nintendo choose will get a special faceplate based on the kisekae ad that was on tv.
campaign_original.png

Love the design, hopefully there are a lot of prizes given out as it makes it easier to snag one off YAJ

Zornica

Banned

I may be a little bit late, but if you still got one of those codes left, It would be greatly appreciated ;)

Impotaku

For people that use Tenso it seems that they have changed a few things, just discovered today that they now allow you to send your items via other delivery methods, it obviously depends on weight but you can now choose airmail/surface mail along with EMS for shipping options.. Might work out cheaper in certain circumstances.

kubus

For people that use Tenso it seems that they have changed a few things, just discovered today that they now allow you to send your items via other delivery methods, it obviously depends on weight but you can now choose airmail/surface mail along with EMS for shipping options.. Might work out cheaper in certain circumstances.
Noticed this too! Here's an overview of all the changes. They seem to have made their service fee cheaper as well. Very convenient.

After using them I strongly recommend them to everyone. Buying from amazon.co.jp (and other Japanese sites of course) can save you so much money, it isn't funny!

I'm actually considering importing a bunch of amiibo from Amazon Japan. They're ridiculously cheap there (after conversion), so it might just be worth it. They're €15-16 each here in Yurrop, after all :(.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Noticed this too! Here's an overview of all the changes. They seem to have made their service fee cheaper as well. Very convenient.

After using them I strongly recommend them to everyone. Buying from amazon.co.jp (and other Japanese sites of course) can save you so much money, it isn't funny!

I'm actually considering importing a bunch of amiibo from Amazon Japan. They're ridiculously cheap there (after conversion), so it might just be worth it. They're €15-16 each here in Yurrop, after all :(.

Sweet. I was looking into cheaper forwarding services previously, but I guess that won't be necessary. I'm also thinking of importing Amiibos. :)

Halabane

Just looked at Tenso's new calculator for shipping.

250 gram package...ship to US

ems 1550 yen
2-4 days

surface 2150 yen
60 days!

air 2850 yen
5-8 days

air small package = 1270 yen
5-8 days

SAL eco =3050 yen
14 days

SAL small pack =1140 yen
14days

The EMS time frame is a big upgrade from what I got the last two times. It was more like 14 days to the States. Assuming that the time is not them just getting it to the us postal service and then go thru their ground mail system.

kubus

Whoops, almost made a big mistake. I had the Pokémon ORAS faceplate in my basket, somehow thinking I would get these nice felt plates:

But then I noticed that the design on the product in my basket was completely different. Apparently those two awesome plates in the images above are for the special Pokémon Center New 3DS Limited Editions... :(.

Guess I'll order that Mario felt plate instead :). Looks so good!

There should be a New 3DS faceplate wiki, there's already so many limited edition faceplates @_@.

Impotaku

Yeah those felt pokemon ones can only be bought from the pokemon centers in Japan and i think you have to do a lottery like with previous DS/3DS hardware releases when you have to win the chance to be able to buy one. They also have an exclusive theme that's unique to them.

So far i only now of 4 unobtainable plates that cannot be bought.

One is the prize from nintendo for winning the kisekae twitter campaign
tumblr_inline_nff2bfUIZu1rmjx4g.jpg

3 are smash bros related and can only be won from the tournaments each plate is unique and a one off prize for the winner.
tumblr_inline_nffp88jGjO1rmjx4g.jpg

tumblr_inline_nffoyvIJKl1rmjx4g.jpg

tumblr_inline_nfe0bd6pOk1rmjx4g.jpg

(credit to BriBri's site for the info on these)

Zornica

Banned
Yeah those felt pokemon ones can only be bought from the pokemon centers in Japan and i think you have to do a lottery like with previous DS/3DS hardware releases when you have to win the chance to be able to buy one. They also have an exclusive theme that's unique to them.

any idea where/how I could enter the drawing? I don't find them to be particular good looking or anything, but I love rare stuff :7

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
any idea where/how I could enter the drawing? I don't find them to be particular good looking or anything, but I love rare stuff :7

You can buy it from Amazon.co.jp. No drawing necessary. Although you'd have to buy a New 3DS to buy it.

Impotaku

Never looked to see if the pokemon centre fuzzy felt editions are on Amazon, i'm going to guess they will be marked up pretty steeply and marketplace sellers.

To do the lottery you actually have to be at the pokemon center in person, getting your number pulled out only gives you the chance of buying one you still need to pay for it. My pikachu yellow DS was obtained using the same system my very kind friend went on my behalf and had a go for me, luckily my number was called.

As for the smash tournament faceplates, as far as i know there is only one of each kind in existance. The chances of getting hold of them are pretty much zero unless the winner put it on yahoo auctions, or some place in China starts churning out fake shells like they did with the extremely rare limited editions/competition prize DS's.

Impotaku

Just checked Amazon Japan, looks like they are indeed been sold and by Amazon themselves and not parketplace resellers, seems they might not be a lottery purchase requirement after all. A lot easier to get hold of then not too highly marked up compared to regular price just 4000yen more at 20,000yen

Top Bottom