• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Nintendo 3DS Import Thread | Brand New 3D, Same Old Region Lock

These special faceplates are really awesome. I haven't purchased any yet. Just ordered a mint charging stand that should be here sometime this week. It's in the US already :)
I think my first plate purchase will be the Yokai Watch one, so cute!

Edit: @Impotaku Wow! You got really lucky in winning the drawing!!! Very nice!
I never was good at winning hahaha

Impotaku

These special faceplates are really awesome. I haven't purchased any yet. Just ordered a mint charging stand that should be here sometime this week. It's in the US already :)
I think my first plate purchase will be the Yokai Watch one, so cute!

Edit: @Impotaku Wow! You got really lucky in winning the drawing!!! Very nice!
I never was good at winning hahaha

I couldn' resist Jibanyan either, i think i have a problem as i can't stop buying those faceplates i now have 17 of them and it's still counting. I wonder what amazing ones Nintendo will release next?

Thanks, yeah i usually have the worst luck when it comes to winning stuff too. In 38 years of been alive on this planet i have only been lucky like that just 3 times lol. One time was when i managed to win a draw to have the honour of paying the pokemon center money for my yellow DS. The other time was when i won the Japanese club Nintendo hot Mario campaign and managed to win one of only a 1000 made replica of Mario's hat (slightly too small for my head, typical lol) And the final time was when i won a dance off playing dance dance revolution on the playstation, oh what a spectacle that was when myself and 10 others had to play on a dance mat in front of the shop to a street full of people, it was when it first came out so nobody had quite seen anything like it at the time. Oh the hilarity as i was in my 20's and a fat guy so i didn't look like i was any good however i just destroyed everyone elses high scores and walked away with a modchipped playstation, plus the game & a dance mat.

This was the DS i won, i even kept the pokemon centre tokyo ticket in the box
IMG_0260%20res.jpg

I couldn' resist Jibanyan either, i think i have a problem as i can't stop buying those faceplates i now have 17 of them and it's still counting. I wonder what amazing ones Nintendo will release next?

Thanks, yeah i usually have the worst luck when it comes to winning stuff too. In 38 years of been alive on this planet i have only been lucky like that just 3 times lol. One time was when i managed to win a draw to have the honour of paying the pokemon center money for my yellow DS. The other time was when i won the Japanese club Nintendo hot Mario campaign and managed to win one of only a 1000 made replica of Mario's hat (slightly too small for my head, typical lol) And the final time was when i won a dance off playing dance dance revolution on the playstation, oh what a spectacle that was when myself and 10 others had to play on a dance mat in front of the shop to a street full of people, it was when it first came out so nobody had quite seen anything like it at the time. Oh the hilarity as i was in my 20's and a fat guy so i didn't look like i was any good however i just destroyed everyone elses high scores and walked away with a modchipped playstation, plus the game & a dance mat.

IMG_0260%20res.jpg

I'm hoping Nintendo might release some more solid colors, but I would love to see some more special plates for the other franchises. I'm surprised they haven't announced more Pokemon faceplates, but I'm sure we will see more in no time!

Awe! That's so awesome!!! That yellow DS looks amazing! I love the engraving on the bottom corner!
I think the only time I have ever won, was when I was in middle school? And I won a pair of socks lol!
I am not good competing in public and under pressure, I wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds in a DDR match! What an awesome prize though!!!

Halabane

This is actually an old campaign that ended in September :p

If people are still looking for regular LLs the love plus special edition ones are all 50%+ off right now and come with the game/artbook/recording cd etc.

Thats weird. This game as a link in an email from amazon.jp??

Zornica

Banned
Anyone got Culdcept 3ds?

I do, and I'm still looking for more people to play with, because the game is awesome!

IMG_0260%20res.jpg

I only got lucky once, also with my 3ds actually. It's a pokemon center lottery one too. Although I didn't win the lottery, I just came across a new and sealed one last year for really cheap, partly thanks to favourable exchange rates.

TheBear

Decided to do a faceplate change as i was eager to see how my newest one looked installed onto my 3DS, shall keep this one on a while as i really like it. The silver against white looks really nice, love how each faceplate technically makes your 3DS a limited edition for countless different looks without having to buy a new system each time a new design comes out.

Took a few pics
IMG_0231%20res.jpg

IMG_0232%20res.jpg

IMG_0233%20res.jpg

Does anyone know where I could purchase this faceplate?

kubus

Uuuuughh amazon.co.jp why?? lol

I ordered the Boo, Smash and felt faceplate in one order, all fulfilled by amazon so they would ship it together. Boo was sold out, expected stock within 10 days, so I had to wait a little but that's no big deal.

Suddenly I get two shipment mails at the same time. Turns out everything already shipped today, but for some reason the Boo plate is being shipped separately?!

Now I still have to pay 500 yen consolidation fees to Tenso. Goddamnit :p.

Oh well, the good news is that I'm getting my faceplates earlier than expected.

Impotaku

Ahh the quirks of Amazon, but at least you can get hold of the faceplates there. I'm having to do the same juggling act i have loads of stuff on order/preorder so i have had to try and get all the dates together for various stuff so they are all not getting shipped separate, my parcel with all my faceplates/YW medals has finally leftt Tenso the oither day so they should be here by friday if i'm lucky.

Xmas time there is so many things coming out i have had to make a list to keep track LOL.

kubus

@Impotaku: I just got my Mario kisekae faceplate theme code in the mail, so you can give the one you were going to give me to someone else :). Thanks a lot though!

Tenso just received my three faceplates, so I applied for consolidation right away. Looks like I'm paying about €19 in service fees + shipping (2 days EMS!). And they let me edit the value of the contents so it's guaranteed to slip by customs (kinda doubt Dutch customs will look up the real value of three pieces of cheap plastic lol).

I can't stress enough how awesome Tenso is :). This is going to grow in an addiction isn't it...

Impotaku

@Impotaku: I just got my Mario kisekae faceplate theme code in the mail, so you can give the one you were going to give me to someone else :). Thanks a lot though!

Tenso just received my three faceplates, so I applied for consolidation right away. Looks like I'm paying about €19 in service fees + shipping (2 days EMS!). And they let me edit the value of the contents so it's guaranteed to slip by customs (kinda doubt Dutch customs will look up the real value of three pieces of cheap plastic lol).

I can't stress enough how awesome Tenso is :). This is going to grow in an addiction isn't it...

Ok no problem i'll re-deploy the code to someone else, seems i only got 3 codes myself so i have pm'd the people who asked first and gave them the 2 i had spare. Hehe Tenso is indeed addictive, it's weird though even though i can use it for lots of other places online i just seem to stick to Amazon, Then again when the service is so good from Amazon why shop elsewhere.

Impotaku

Just a heads up for anyone who is unsure where to redeem the code, if you go into the theme shop and continue in till you are at the huge list of all the themes there will be an icon on the top right of the screen (looks like 3 orange lines) if you click on that and then select the top option it will bring up a screen to enter your code into the theme shop and redeem your theme.

Impotaku

I'm seriously considering getting the 3rd Youkai Watch 2 version when it comes out... This game is really fun!

Shinuchi has a lot of stuff not in the ganso/honke versions it also links up with both of the other games to give you extra content in shinuchi if you have them, plus you can trade your youki over not quite sure if you can trade backwards and take shinuchi youkai into ganso/honke though.

I posted all the stuff that's been announced so far by level 5 in the new version on my YW thread on the other site i post on
http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/121514-Youkai-watch-2-Ganso-Honke-3DS-review/page4

All of it is listed on the official level 5 site as well.

Meffer

Shinuchi has a lot of stuff not in the ganso/honke versions it also links up with both of the other games to give you extra content in shinuchi if you have them, plus you can trade your youki over not quite sure if you can trade backwards and take shinuchi youkai into ganso/honke though.

I posted all the stuff that's been announced so far by level 5 in the new version on my YW thread on the other site i post on
http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/121514-Youkai-watch-2-Ganso-Honke-3DS-review/page4

All of it is listed on the official level 5 site as well.
Thanks for the heads up!
Checked it out and jeez you're right about the immense amount of content. It kinda justifies that they're releasing the 3rd one so closely to the other two.

Impotaku

Yeah people seem to think it's just a tiny upgrade but it was the 3rd part that was always meant to be, they didn't just churn this out quickly to make a quick buck it was always planned when ganso & honke were been made, my evidence been masknyan appearing in the end sequence. He is only available in shinuchi but there he was in the ending of ganso/honke they obviously had a way to get all the youkai they just kept it totally secret.

The more games you have the more you are rewarded with link content, i love it. The only game that doesn't seem to have any rewards is the very first game as there has been no mention of linking that far back but who knows as level 5 haven't revealed everything about shinuchi yet..

Meffer

Speaking of Youkai Watch 2, I'm stuck at one part. It's at the part where you visit your Granma and you have to do the 3 quests before moving the story along. I did the two but the 3rd one is making me scratch my head. It's the one with the priest at the shrine and I'm not sure what to bring him (I think that's what I'm supposed to do). Anybody know what to do?
I figured it out.

Impotaku

More import stuff for today, some of the newer faceplates, another couple of issues of both Dengeki bazooka & Corocoro plus a copy of Dotabata party for 3DS
IMG_0272%20res.jpg

IMG_0277%20res.jpg

Also finally a creepy Woody of my very own. Swapped the faces over as it will be the only one he'll ever be wearing :lol:
IMG_0275%20res.jpg

More import stuff for today, some of the newer faceplates, another couple of issues of both Dengeki bazooka & Corocoro plus a copy of Dotabata party for 3DS
IMG_0272%20res.jpg

IMG_0277%20res.jpg

Also finally a creepy Woody of my very own. Swapped the faces over as it will be the only one he'll ever be wearing :lol:
IMG_0275%20res.jpg

Do you have any pics with the Kyary plates installed?

Also, nice Woody figure. I remember reading the re-issued ones didn't come with the alternate creep face. I guess that's not true.

Impotaku

Don't have any pics yet of the Kyary plates on but i can do some later. The Woody figure is the newest 3rd version, the second version was the one that got rid of the creepy face but they brought it back thankfully. The ebay prices on the original one were crazy thankfully the reissue was pretty cheap, shall get him intomy display cabinet at some point so he can terrorize my other figures lol.

Sakura

I bought a New 3DS and a face plate at GEO yesterday. However I am an idiot and didn't realise it only takes MicroSD, so I can't transfer the content from my SD over. Most of my games are digital and Persona Q saves the map data to the SD card, so I have to wait until I get a MicroSD before I can actually play it :(
I'll have to pick one up after work today hopefully they aren't too expensive. I really like the way the face plate looks though.

kubus

I dont have a n3ds yet but those cover plates are calling me...
Whats the best place to order them to Europe?
Nippon-Yasan are cheap and have fast, reliable and relatively cheap shipping to Europe. You can choose between a wide range of shipping options too. Plus, they write down a low value on your package so you won't face import duties. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Other option I recommend is going for an amazon.co.jp + Tenso combination. You can get a JP address if you sign up at Tenso so you can order anything from the Japanese side of amazon or any other Japanese online store and they will ship it to your Tenso address. Then you pay a small fee to Tenso + shipping costs to get the goods to your home address. It sounds costly but I just ordered three faceplates from amazon.jp and only had to pay 1900 yen total in service fees and EMS Express shipping (delivery within ~2 days) to get them shipped here (the Netherlands).

For just faceplates Nippon-Yasan might still come out cheaper though.

There are also a bunch of other stores listed in the OP but these two are the best imo!

ZeroX03

Banned
I dont have a n3ds yet but those cover plates are calling me...
Whats the best place to order them to Europe?

My cover plates arrived from Nippon Yasan in 5 days, super bubble wrapped for unnecessarily good protection and I only paid for the budget 8-10 day shipping. They're my recommendation.

Impotaku

Put the Boo one on today to take some pics as there are not many pics out there of the faceplates actually on the console, the weird glow is from my blacklight so i could get them to glow for the camera.

IMG_0287%20res.jpg

IMG_0290%20res.jpg

IMG_0291%20res.jpg

Top Bottom