• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaws' bigger brother Deep Blue says "We're going to need a cruise ship"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

HT_great_white_deep_blue_01_jef_150812_16x9_992.jpg

HT_great_white_deep_blue_02_jef_150812_4x3_992.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/International/video-footage-reveal-largest-great-white-shark-caught/story?id=33038151

A new video showing a pregnant, 20-foot-long great white shark may be the largest of its kind ever to be caught on camera.

The estimated 50-year-old shark, nicknamed "Deep Blue," was discovered near Guadalupe Island by shark researcher Mauricio Hoyos Padilla in 2013.

It’s unclear why he waited two years to post the video, and he could not be reached to clarify.

The video, titled "Deep Blue (The biggest shark ever filmed) second part," shows Deep Blue circling the cages of researchers in the waters off the Mexican Coast, with one diver swimming outside the bars.

Taste like chicken. 🐔

Savitar

Fifty years old?

How old do they live.

No wonder Jaws was so evil, he was old and grumpy. There were people "on his lawn" in a way.

I mean he was a twenty five footer...

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
"It’s unclear why he waited two years to post the video, and he could not be reached to clarify.'

Probably because he didn't want the shark to get hunted down.

Edit:
And what's up with the thread title? "Big Brother?" The shark is pregnant.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
That diver outside the cage....

I could never do that. Hell, I would probably shit myself being inside the cage.

-MB-

So basically it is not actually bigger than Jaws nor a brother, since female.

Thread title should be : Jaws' smaller sister Deep Blue says "We're going to need a better thread title"

Pejo

Incredible! I hope there's an even bigger one out there somewhere. Maybe if she doesn't eat her babies, there's a chance.

They really are beautiful creatures.

CTLance

Noice. That's a friggen huge shark*. Amazing. Hope she's still alive.

*) Or is that Sharkesse? Sharkin? Sharklette? I wouldn't want to offend a being that could probably swallow me in one gulp without chewing.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
God help whichever group ends up getting someone papercut while studying that shark.

bill0527

I've watched this again and I don't know whether to be impressed with those divers or to think they're really stupid.

She's pregnant. You know that bitch is hungry. And judging by her size, she could have taken that whole cage rigging and ripped it to shreds along with those divers if she wanted to.

Pennywise

I've watched this again and I don't know whether to be impressed with those divers or to think they're really stupid.

She's pregnant. You know that bitch is hungry. And judging by her size, she could have taken that whole cage rigging and ripped it to shreds along with those divers if she wanted to.

They should have the necessary experience to judge a sharks behaviour, and I think they were more cautious first.

What a majestic creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom