• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

And to cap it off, he's able to bring Rusty back from the dead, succeeding where Rusty always failed.

If they can get the body, they can always have Dr. Orpheus resurrect him.

Monarch's dad does appear to have a pretty similar body type to Vendata, and we do know that Jonas is a big enough dick to steal a woman and kill her husband in the process.

But didn't both of The Monarch's parents die in a plane crash?

How did I not see this thread before? I love Venture Bros, and this season has been awesome. I'm on the West Coast so I have to wait, but I am very much excite.

Ridley327

Well, try to, at least.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rusty did have a hand in their death, but I don't doubt for a second that Jonas had different ideas.

tkscz

So umm...
Is Dr. Venture really dead?

Also, so glad we finally get to see most of the council 13. Wondering what they looked like for the longest.

fleck0

Monarch's dad does appear to have a pretty similar body type to Vendata, and we do know that Jonas is a big enough dick to steal a woman and kill her husband in the process.

For a split second when he left the table after hearing Venture's name I thought "wait is that The Monarch in a different costume?... no"

I like that father theory, also could be nothing

Guess I'm the only one who didn't like this one too much. Not that it was bad but it felt mostly like setup for next weeks.

edit: The belt on Shore Leave's costume is a Monarch belt :)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That was such a fun episode. Exploring all these crazy villains and the Guild is always a good time.

I wonder what happened to Doc...

Raxus

Has there been a preview for the finale?

All I know it is called 'The Devil's Grip' which could mean a million things. I am assuming we are reaching a conclusion with the Monstroso arc.

Not that I've seen, but I'm on the lookout. I don't think they aired one after the episode either, but I didn't do my "AS bump watch" yet so I can't be totally sure.

Tamanon

Banned

Wait, didn't Vendata mention something about a plane when he was babbling about where his wife was at the end?

Yep, he said where's my wife and the plane is going down. Honestly, though, I don't think he's the Monarch's Dad, because isn't he dead? Like, isn't that the reason Dr. Mrs. The Monarch is up for a Council seat? They brought him back like that just to kill him off? Fishy.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I've seen, but I'm on the lookout. I don't think they aired one after the episode either, but I didn't do my "AS bump watch" yet so I can't be totally sure.

A preview for "The Devil's Grip" was aired immediately after "Bot Seeks Bot" concluded. It included the shot of the Monarch screaming about having defeated Dr. Venture that was shown in the Season V trailer.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

There was a brief tease after the episode.

Monarch yelling "I have crushed Dr Venture, ahahahaha"

Sgt Hatred in his tank (?) saying "oooh a reckoning is coming buddy, a reckoning is coming!"

A preview for "The Devil's Grip" was aired immediately after "Bot Seeks Bot" concluded. It included the shot of the Monarch screaming about having defeated Dr. Venture that was shown in the Season V trailer.

There was a brief tease after the episode.

Monarch yelling "I have crushed Dr Venture, ahahahaha"

Sgt Hatred in his tank (?) saying "oooh a reckoning is coming buddy, a reckoning is coming!"
You guys are totally right, I'm going to blame my forgetfulness on shock due to the end of the episode / stinger!

somedevil

Wait, didn't Vendata mention something about a plane when he was babbling about where his wife was at the end?

Yeah, he said where is my wife and the plane is going down. I just amazing how sick Jonas Venture was doing these things to people when it seems they never wanted it to be done to them.

edit: The too soon and Kevin Conroy is great is captain sunshine.

Tamanon

Banned
Wait, Rusty and the Monarch went to college together but Rusty never recognized him.

They clearly played together previously as shown by the picture. I'm starting to come around to the idea of Rusty being a clone.....and what if he and Dean are actually the same person, just aged.

That would open up his return.

Wait, Rusty and the Monarch went to college together but Rusty never recognized him.

They clearly played together previously as shown by the picture. I'm starting to come around to the idea of Rusty being a clone.....and what if he and Dean are actually the same person, just aged.

That would open up his return.

The one problem with Rusty being a clone is JJ.

Musolf815

All I know it is called 'The Devil's Grip' which could mean a million things. I am assuming we are reaching a conclusion with the Monstroso arc.

If you look at the sizzle reel, you can figure out a lot of it. and there was a short preview description for the episode. SPOILERS FOLLOW

Doc is presumed dead, and the boys are sent to live with their godfathers.

In the sizzle reel, many of the Monarch clips with a bandaged Rusty, or doing dental work for him. Hatred appears to attack the Coccoon, passing by Rusty. The boys are likely with the original Team Venture, as there are some flashback clips of them fighting Brainulio, and Hank at an old folk's home. 

Damn. I hope the wait for S6 won't be as long then. I really feel like the show barely came back!

And we've had no Orpheus so far.

Well he was in last week's episode and in the Holloween special. It felt like Brock is hardly in the show anymore; just in 2-3 episodes a season.

The real tragedy is the lack of Jefferson Twilight.

Well he was in last week's episode and in the Holloween special. It felt like Brock is hardly in the show anymore; just in 2-3 episodes a season.

The real tragedy is the lack of Jefferson Twilight.

He was in last week's episode? I don't remember that...maybe I need to re-watch it.

Twilight was in the S5 sizzle reel at least once (and with a new outfit), so he must be in the finale too.

As for Brock, his role seems bigger this season than it was last season, which is nice. But the shorter season definitely does make it feel like he hasn't been around much.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
He was in last week's episode? I don't remember that...maybe I need to re-watch it.

Twilight was in the S5 sizzle reel at least once (and with a new outfit), so he must be in the finale too.

Dr. Orpheus was in "Momma's Boys" and "A Very Venture Halloween."

aett

I've got a crazy off-the-wall theory.

So, The Monarch's parents died in the plane crash. It's pretty clear that Jonas turned the father into Vendata, but what about the mother? We also know that Jonas created the cloning project... so what if he tried to clone Monarch's mother (maybe because he loved/lusted her and wanted her to have a real body and not a cyborg one), only to discover that the clone slugs grow at a normal human rate.

Fast forward to Jonas' death. Rusty drops out of school and returns home to run Venture Industries. At some point he discovers the cloning facilities, along with a now-adult Monarch Mom clone. (Okay, based on Monarch's age when she died and Monarch/Rusty's age when Jonas died, she might be around 16-17.) Anyway, one thing leads to another, and Rusty loses his virginity to a clone of Monarch's mom, and she later gives birth to Hank and Dean. (This could even be similar to how Hank lost his virginity since Dermott's "sister" felt the same attraction to Hank as she did for a young Rusty - the Momarch clone might share some memories from her past like Hank and Dean do, so she might have had felt some attraction towards Rusty that was really meant for Jonas.) Not sure what happens to the clone after giving birth to the twins.

Of course, this would have nothing to do with why The Monarch hates Rusty since he already had it out for him in college, but it would be crazy if it turns out that he was half-brothers with Hank and Dean. (And if Jonas turns out to be the Monarch's secret father, then he would ALSO be half-brothers with Rusty!)

As for Brock, his role seems bigger this season than it was last season, which is nice. But the shorter season definitely does make it feel like he hasn't been around much.

Well it depends if you take season 4 as one season. He was only in 2 episodes out of the first half but was in most of them in the second set of 8.

I think it's just tougher to get Patrick in for as much time now.

I was glad Dana Snyder got in as one of the OSI auditors since the alchemist hasn't been on much

Well it depends if you take season 4 as one season. He was only in 2 episodes out of the first half but was in most of them in the second set of 8.

I think it's just tougher to get Patrick in for as much time now.

I was glad Dana Snyder got in as one of the OSI auditors since the alchemist hasn't been on much

They must've had some serious time or budget limitations for this season, since the number of guest characters does seem smaller than usual. I was glad to see John Hodgman in last night's episode though, that was a really cool cameo.

It's a shame that Warburton isn't in it that much, since he's great - I hope he at least sticks around until the end though.

B.K.

They clearly played together previously as shown by the picture. I'm starting to come around to the idea of Rusty being a clone.....and what if he and Dean are actually the same person, just aged..

Maybe Rusty and The Monarch are both clones.

Holy shit at that ending and the stinger.

People seem to be glossing over the fact that Killinger has apparently joined the Revenge Society. His involvement would make them a much more viable threat.

Well, maybe they just brought him in to whip the Revenge Society into shape! But yes, I agree; that was the biggest part of the stinger!

PK Gaming

Oh god

this episode

• Just good fun with the OSI boys
  • Rusty: Whatcha doing there Brock? Just so you know, I AM the main character of this show.
  • (party hijynx)
  • The Monarch!
  • That ending...
I'm 99.99% sure that they'll find a way to bring him back, or that he's really not dead.

wwm0nkey

Maybe Rusty and The Monarch are both clones.
Would be kind of messed up if Rusty actually died on all those adventures and if the Monarch did not actually "survive" that plane crash.

Also I still believe Vendata is the Monarch's dad and that he tried to strangle Rusty after retaining some memories because Rusty caused something to happen to the plane.

Metal-Geo

Aaah... the return of Dr. Henry Killinger (and hopefully his magic murder bag?). My favorite Guild member/employee!

Really wished we got more Investors though. Admittedly, I have to say they're the most intriguing characters in the show. It's obvious they killed
Boggles the Clue Clown. His heart attack behind the wheel definitely wasn't just random. Originally they're members of the Guild. But the fact they killed one of the Councils just makes this all more mysterous.
Also, the Investors were not first in "The Silent Partners". They can be first seen in "The Revenge Society" on stage behind Richard Impossible.

Hopefully Doc and Chris aren't going to close their [The Investors] story like the Orb. Which was a major letdown. :p

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Would be kind of messed up if Rusty actually died on all those adventures and if the Monarch did not actually "survive" that plane crash.

Also I still believe Vendata is the Monarch's dad and that he tried to strangle Rusty after retaining some memories because Rusty caused something to happen to the plane.

Rusty dying in most of their adventures makes sense. Just the bit that we've seen with young rusty seems ridiculous, and having a large group of assholes that don't care whether you live or die for the most part makes sense. It would make sense how they could abandon an exploded ship with no real alarm except for their own lives.

I think the vendata is the monarchs dad. Rusty being at fault with the plane malfunction makes sense too(like with the Gargantua) and Rusty having memories of him attacking him sounds like when hank told letour about jumping off the roof with his Batman costume. A memory that he can't place due to being a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom