• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric

This season has just been fantastic. I love the detail to the relationships you get to see with this or that character. Getting to see Rusty and his somewhat 2 or 3 friends constantly hanging out and how he's more casual when talking with his boys. It's just a great show and I can't wait for next season already.

Peff

I love that they referenced both Brock's costume being a rental and Dr. Z being on stage when they were performing. Just one more left :(

B.K.

I hope we find out tonight what happened between Rusty and The Monarch when they were children. I don't want that to be a setup for next season.

Raxus

I hope we find out tonight what happened between Rusty and The Monarch when they were children. I don't want that to be a setup for next season.

We still don't know who killed 24. Venture Bros. loves to keep our balls blue. Chances are the finale will only bring up more questions.

See you guys in 2ish years after tonight.

Guild convention for the final shirt? Monarch's torture list was pretty good, anyone else pause to read? Faith Hill torture would definitely be pretty awful.

Tamanon

Banned
Weird finale. Funny, but not nearly as much story as I thought it'd be. Was mainly just a self-contained Monarch/Rusty story.

Hank took being a clone exactly how Hank would take it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So that's that. Not too much happened this season plot-wise. Still very enjoyable.

What a weird finale. Not a bad episode, but it definitely feels more like a midseason closer than a season finale. The shortened season didn't help things.

I wonder just how much tonight's Monarch/Rusty interaction will effect the rest of the show. Was Monarch just posturing to sound cool in front of his wife, or was it all a trick to screw with Doc the whole time? I guess the photo confirms the former...

Hopefully S6 comes sooner rather than later!

Yeah, that felt like more of a mid-season finale than a season finale. Didn't really close any plot threads, other than Hank and Dean accepting their past and Gary coming back to the Monarch.

EwNO3IB.jpg

Calamity Conference

Buy me here: http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-no-9-calamity-conference

Solid episode, not a great finale. I feel like pieces have been shuffled to where they belong so now we can get some real answers though.

Strike

That didn't really feel like a season finale at all. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2 years for a new season.

Ridley327

Not a ton of finality tonight, outside of the Moppets finally getting what they deserved and 21 going back to being 21, but I really did like all the character moments throughout, like Colonel Gentleman's breakdown in front of Dean, Rusty and Monarch's table sit down, and, of course, Hank cheering up Dean at the end in the only way that Hank could do.

B.K.

nd 21 going back to being 21

That was one of the most disappointing things to me from this season. I was really looking forward to seeing what direction they went with Gary. He spent most of the season off screen camping around the Venture Compound and then went back to The Monarch the first opportunity he had. It's a disappointing return to the status quo for Gary after his development in season four.

kirblar

That was one of the most disappointing things to me from this season. I was really looking forward to seeing what direction they went with Gary. He spent most of the season off screen camping around the Venture Compound and then went back to The Monarch the first opportunity he had. It's a disappointing return to the status quo for Gary after his development in season four.
But that's the thing- it was his realization that both sides were playing at the same thing, and that "good/evil" didn't matter. He just went back to the people that actually cared about him.

Also, loved the timely Mad Men ending call-out.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Why is season six not being called season 5.5? Because this felt like the first half of a season.

Good episode, but weird finale.

Hamlet

Ah that was a fun episode but yeah this season feels way to short hopefully the wait for next season isn't too long
"Who the fuck is Gary."

Tokubetsu

Why is season six not being called season 5.5? Because this felt like the first half of a season.

Good episode, but weird finale.

My thoughts exactly. This season bluray better be cheaper but I have a feeling they're just gonna make us wait and package it with the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom