• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Jaroof

There's a new Bonobo EP due on the 1st of December!
Here's the first track from it

If you Shazam it, you get a free download!
Already got mine ^_^

Jaroof

Any recommendations? Something relaxing.

Well, like HiResDes pointed out on the last page, Stan Forebee is pretty dope. This album is pretty good stuff.
And here's another by him.

Ta-ku's stuff is usually pretty dope.
Not as relaxing, but definitely a good listen.

I'd DEFINITELY recommend Sky Rhythms by P.SUS. It's one of my favorite albums in this genre. Really "floaty" sounding beats. Seriously.. check out Endless Roads. Super relaxing.
Don't think you can go wrong with ElyonBeats. His beats are usually pretty chill.

I haven't checked out quite a bit of that collection, though.

IrishNinja

so Bob's saying @ FB that any of the hydeout/nuja stuff on bandcamp etc recently was sadly fraudulent/they didn't see the $, which sucks. feel free to put in for a refund if you bought!

also: Uyama Hiroto release needs a countdown clock! haha

Jaroof

so Bob's saying @ FB that any of the hydeout/nuja stuff on bandcamp etc recently was sadly fraudulent/they didn't see the $, which sucks. feel free to put in for a refund if you bought!

also: Uyama Hiroto release needs a countdown clock! haha

Yeesh, I saw that, too.
Turns out it's from DigiCrates, the same label I linked earlier on this page. Tisk, tisk.

Jaroof

I saw that Uyama Hiroto thread on OT, now I'm here. I've already found some stuff. Here to stay :D

open%20arms3(1).jpg

There's a lot of gold in this thread. Enjoy looking through it!

neoism

Speaking of disappearing acts...

what happened to Ljones?
he just takes a few years to make albums lol it took him 2-3 to make his first one... I hope he releases something soon :( his music reminds me of spring/summer though so I hope its then...

Jaroof

Yeah, confusing =/

Never heard much of his music before and was going to check out this album, but oh well.

Wait, what?! You haven't heard Uyama, but you frequent this thread, and know about Nujabes?! Nujabes and Uyama were really close.
Fix this!!
Uyama is amazing!!

Listen to his first album, A Son of the Sun. It's amazing.

Fjordson

Wait, what?! You haven't heard Uyama, but you frequent this thread, and know about Nujabes?! Nujabes and Uyama were really close.
Fix this!!
Uyama is amazing!!

Listen to his first album, A Son of the Sun. It's amazing.
Haha, yeah sometimes I don't keep up with all the new stuff people post and he has somehow flown under my radar. Definitely seen the name, just haven't actively listened to him.

Fjordson

Oh man.. definitely listen to his stuff.

If you've heard a lot of Nujabes, odds are you've heard some Uyama. He was featured on the sax in quite a few of Nujabes' songs.

e.g.
Spiritual State
Hanabi
Next View
Homeward Journey
Faure - One of my all-time favorite tracks. This one is actually Uyama and Haruka Nakamura
Thanks man, appreciate the links.

Luckily A Son of the Sun is on Rdio. Listening now and it's pretty damn good.

Jaroof

neoism, were you listening to the stream? Bob was playing some unreleased TwoDaysToAlaska.. and it sounded amazing.

Oh, and gotta agree on Stratus.. One of his best. That piano loop.

neoism

neoism, were you listening to the stream? Bob was playing some unreleased TwoDaysToAlaska.. and it sounded amazing.

Oh, and gotta agree on Stratus.. One of his best. That piano loop.

I listened for a bit but the page wouldn't load for me after a few minutes :***( not sure why...
I usually like to wait and use hand-phones and chill out for releases I really care about

:*( man I want an album from TDTA really bad... ALSO FUCK ME I thought it was coming digitally on the 18th as well I would have gotten my first physical CD in 10 years if I had know that :(

Top Bottom