• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Jarrett out as GFW CCO & Anthem looking to sell Impact Wrestling

dream

You got any sort of source for the crack thing? Like prior issues etc? I know he got in trouble for disabling the alcohol ignition limiter on his car, but not heard anything about drugs.

To be fair, it's not like he was ever caught smoking crack. But he was caught with a crack pipe in his bag once.

dream

At the end of the day, Double J is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. But holy shit is Karen an unbelievable shitshow. From almost getting Kurt killed, to going on a drunken rampage backstage at an Impact Wrestling taping, to belligerently trying to start a fight with Adam Scherr...this woman's life is not going to have a happy ending.

Sephzilla

But if TNA retroactively becomes canon to the WWE library that messes up the Sting/HHH storyline because Sting didn't vanish for a decade after WCW went under

/s

DeathyBoy

Banned
At the end of the day, Double J is a grown man who is responsible for his own actions. But holy shit is Karen an unbelievable shitshow. From almost getting Kurt killed, to going on a drunken rampage backstage at an Impact Wrestling taping, to belligerently trying to start a fight with Adam Scherr...this woman's life is not going to have a happy ending.

Kurt has no one to blame but himself for his problems. He's the guy who refused to go to rehab back in 2006. Had he done so, chances are he'd be in the Shawn Michaels 2002 spot right now.

Karen is a bit of a shit, but Kurt screwed Kurt.

Shit, is that recent? I haven't heard any of that before.

Sephzilla

Realistically if WWE were to buy TNA, the most that would happen would be the Hardy's getting the Broken gimmick again, some stars like AJ Styles getting his TNA accolades mentioned on WWE TV, and maybe confirmation that WWE Hall of Fame rings grant you super powers or whatever bullshit was in that Abyss story. Beyond that the promotion has nothing of value to WWE anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If WWE does buy TNA, will Vince inject poison by bringing back Aces & Eights?

If he was bringing it back he would have already done it and just called it something else.

"Aces v. the Mafia"

Realistically if WWE were to buy TNA, the most that would happen would be the Hardy's getting the Broken gimmick again, some stars like AJ Styles getting his TNA accolades mentioned on WWE TV, and maybe confirmation that WWE Hall of Fame rings grant you super powers or whatever bullshit was in that Abyss story. Beyond that the promotion has nothing of value to WWE anymore.

When they were for sale before Meltzer mentioned that the tape library has value to their WWE Network since it's content they don't have to film and that they'd probably like to acquire at least some of the talent contracts in TNA.

Lol at anyone thinking Jeff Jarrett could have saved that company. What were those suits thinking? Letting the only wrestler worse then Buff Bagwell take control, smh

kapowza

Gah, I read that as Karen Jarrett vs Adam Sandler. Add an x-division spotfest to the card and I'd buy that PPV.

Sephzilla

When they were for sale before Meltzer mentioned that the tape library has value to their WWE Network since it's content they don't have to film and that they'd probably like to acquire at least some of the talent contracts in TNA.

Yeah I meant to include the tape library as well but sort of spaced out

Wiseblood

"Anybody spot me a 20?"

Fuck that owl.

Sephzilla

Jeff didn't even do anything that was nearly as bad as some that have returned, but Vince hates him and everything he stands for.

Vince will forgive anyone if they can come back to WWE and make money. Considering Jarrett held Vince up for money and never drew a fucking dime in the first place is like the one-two punch ultimate combo for Vince to never give a fuck about him ever again. "Hey lets watch that show and see what Jeff Jarrett does" is a sentence that has never been spoken by a wrestling fan.

Sheroking

Jeff didn't even do anything that was nearly as bad as some that have returned, but Vince hates him and everything he stands for.

Well, I mean, Jeff basically black-mailed Vince before he ever made Vince any money.

There's also the fact that he's a mediocre wrestler, 50 years old, is hated by many and brings nothing but drama to the table.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Vince will forgive anyone if they can come back to WWE and make money. Considering Jarrett held Vince up for money and never drew a fucking dime in the first place is like the one-two punch ultimate combo for Vince to never give a fuck about him ever again. "Hey lets watch that show and see what Jeff Jarrett does" is a sentence that has never been spoken by a wrestling fan.

Hey, we can enjoy seeing him get kicked in the face by various celebrities!

FyreWulff

Vince will let anybody come back, but Jeff has held a grudge against him forever and wants to be a competing promoter.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Lol at anyone thinking Jeff Jarrett could have saved that company. What were those suits thinking? Letting the only wrestler worse then Buff Bagwell take control, smh

I mean I know y'all never actually watched WCW in its prime, but Bagwell was actually a great heel back in 1997. Legit great.

Top Bottom