• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Hey guys, regarding the number of tracks in the game, Sega's official website still states 29 of 30:

http://www.sega.com/games/jet-set-radio/

But the tracklisting they gave only lists 28 songs (as stated last page). Does anyone know what the 29th song is? Or is their website incorrect?

It might be Many Styles, which was on the PAL release of the game. I think there's still some confusion about whether or not it's actually in the game.

brumx

I still got the DC which got all perfect reviews at the time lol. think I'll stick with this one since I can also download tags here.

meppi

It might be Many Styles, which was on the PAL release of the game. I think there's still some confusion about whether or not it's actually in the game.

That's very weird as I never ever heard that song before... :-/

Got the Pal DC version as well as both Japanese versions of JSR.

Not too bad so far, forgot how rough some of the textures would be, a bit surprised a few character models weren't touched up, if possible (Poison Jam's pixelly teeth, the low-res shirts), but it may not have been possible for them.

I would've said I didn't run into the freezing problem, but near the end of the demo I hit one big pause, mid-air, long enough for me to be confused before action restarted. I thought the pauses had to do with loading the music, but I don't think I was close to the end of the current track.

I went through the BGM in-game, I think I just saw that. I'll double-check...

Edit: Actually, I think I was wrong, not seeing it, at least in the BGM test.

YES! 111 tricks, take that tutorial.

After being stuck doing around 38 tricks for ages...

First time playing this game and really like what I've played of the XBLA demo. I love the skating and platforming, trying to get the tags and stuff. Not sure how I feel about the time limit though; it certainly provides tension, but it would be nice to have some levels without.

Nabs

Don't fuck with me Sega

Jet Set Radio
available on
PlayStation®Vita system - 10/16/2012
PC Download - 2012
Xbox LIVE®Arcade - 09/19/2012
PlayStation®Network - Out Now

Anteater

If I don't see Jet set on the asian store tomorrow I'm going to spend my space bucks on Peace walker, you hear me Sega!?

Don't fuck with me Sega

Jet Set Radio
available on
PC Download - 2012
Changing the date at the last minute would be a dick move. Been waiting a while for this to hit the PC...

Not too bad so far, forgot how rough some of the textures would be, a bit surprised a few character models weren't touched up, if possible (Poison Jam's pixelly teeth, the low-res shirts), but it may not have been possible for them.

I would've said I didn't run into the freezing problem, but near the end of the demo I hit one big pause, mid-air, long enough for me to be confused before action restarted. I thought the pauses had to do with loading the music, but I don't think I was close to the end of the current track.

Which version of the game?

Just tried the XBLA demo.. what's up with the sound?

Probably skip this, hope this isn't being handled by the same people doing SA2 and NiGHTS.. >:/

Bururian

After playing the demo, I tried to unlock the game to see if it would let me, and the game currently costs 4,294,967,295 points to unlock, which is roughly $53,6787,091.19

I love their system for time lock releases sometimes.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
After playing the demo, I tried to unlock the game to see if it would let me, and the game currently costs 4,294,967,295 points to unlock, which is roughly $53,6787,091.19

Early unlock fee?

Fuck it, i'm going to say it like a man! I almost shed a tear when i played the demo on my 360... Playing this gem of a Dreamcast classic in HD while listening to Deavid Soul - Miller Ball Breakers has overwhelmed me with emotions.
It looks GORGEOUS with the updated resolution. The cel shading art style is still as good as it was in 2000. Timeless!
The game runs very smooth, i did not notice a single framedrop in the demo. And no pop-in anymore! Camera control with the right analog stick is awesome!

The 360 controller is the closest thing to the Dreamcast controller due to the similar triggers and left analog stick placement.
I can tell the audio is compressed but it sounds definitely clearer than it was on my Dreamcast. Game is not mixed in 5.1 but all the voices and music are coming out of all of my 5 speakers (just like 5 channel stereo). I can always play the entire soundtrack in higher audio quality on my 360 if i want to.

Only thing that sucks is that MS are not letting me buy the game right now. But tomorrow is Jet Set Radioooooooo day!!
I like JSR more than JSRF but i would love to see a JSRF HD remaster. Do it SEGA!

UrbanRats

Exploiting the impulse buyers there.

Fuck it, i'm going to say it like a man! I almost shed a tear while playing the demo on my 360... Playing this gem of a Dreamcast classic in HD while listening to Deavid Soul - Miller Ball Breakers has overwhelmed me with emotions.
It looks GORGEOUS with the updated resolution. The cel shading art style is still as good as it was in 2000. Timeless!
The game runs very smooth, i did not notice a single framedrop in the demo. And no pop-in anymore! Camera control with the right analog stick is awesome!

The 360 controller is the closest thing to the Dreamcast controller due to the similar triggers and left analog stick placement.
I can tell the audio is compressed but it sounds definitely clearer than it was on my Dreamcast. Game is not mixed in 5.1 but all the voices and music are coming out of all of my 5 speakers (just like 5 channel stereo). I can always play the entire soundtrack in higher audio quality on my 360 if i want to.

Only thing that sucks is that MS are not letting me buy the game right now. But tomorrow is Jet Set Radioooooooo day!!
I like JSR more than JSRF but i would love to see a JSRF HD remaster. Do it SEGA!

I've thought the same thing about the Xbox controller. It's very similar to the Dreamcast controller.

I wish Sega had done a proper mix on the sound. Lazy is the only way to describe that.

Domstercool

Fuck it, i'm going to say it like a man! I almost shed a tear when i played the demo on my 360... Playing this gem of a Dreamcast classic in HD while listening to Deavid Soul - Miller Ball Breakers has overwhelmed me with emotions.

How long did you play the demo for? Because the full 360 version has pop-in. I've seen a lot of it over the past couple of days of playing. Framerate is solid though.

Grief.exe

Is the resolution on the 360 version actually 1080p? Or is it upscaled?

How long did you play the demo for? Because the full 360 version has pop-in. I've seen a lot of it over the past couple of days of playing. Framerate is solid though.

Ouch, may just be a design of the engine though and not a limitation of the hardware.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Don't fuck with me Sega

Jet Set Radio
available on
PC Download - 2012
3XwSY.gif

iavi

Don't fuck with me Sega

Jet Set Radio
available on
PC Download - 2012

Sega's fucking with me.

First they didn't announce a PC date for Nights and SA2 along with the XBLA/PSN ones, then they make JSR's already established one go poof.

I just want to give them my money.

Yeah. It seems to be directly like the Dreamcast iteration when it comes to the pop-in.

I'm still playing the demo and i don't see any pop-in!

I have also hooked up my Dreamcast via a VGA Box to my TV and the pop-in is bad, really bad. Bikes, spray cans, fences, cars, trees, buildings... all pop up out of nowhere.
Have you also noticed pop-in at the beginning of the game? I've seen none of that in the demo.

Is the resolution on the 360 version actually 1080p? Or is it upscaled?

I think it's not native 1080p but 720p upscaled to 1080p. But it looks very clear, sharp and vibrant.

Domstercool

no, you got me wrong. i hoped that they got rid of the pop-ups from the dc version.

Ah right. No, it is still there.

Regarding the pop-up. I have had buildings randomly pop back in (when they were suppose to be there) and backgrounds pop in as well. This wasn't on the bus level, but the levels after.

Shads

Hey guys, regarding the number of tracks in the game, Sega's official website still states 29 of 30:

http://www.sega.com/games/jet-set-radio/

But the tracklisting they gave only lists 28 songs (as stated last page). Does anyone know what the 29th song is? Or is their website incorrect?

I've been wondering that too. It wouldn't surprise me if Sega had a typo on their page this whole time, but hopefully it's Yappie Feet over Many Styles if there does exist a 29th track.

PC Download is now 2012 on the Sega UK page and the XBL is listed as out now.

God dammit the fuckers have delayed it without a god damn word.

PC Download is now 2012 on the Sega UK page and the XBL is listed as out now.

God dammit the fuckers have delayed it without a god damn word.
Aww shiiiiiiiiiit

This is seriously messed up if true. It's one thing to warn us about delays months or weeks beforehand, but tricking people like that at the last minute is not cool.

Nabs

Renegade Ops all over again.

I'm still hoping for the PC release tomorrow. I can wait until the Winter sale if they want me to.

Top Bottom