• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Anteater

Well the game was running fine till I got to chapter 2.. first of all it's clear enough the US version sucks. The new level isn't that cool and in the song listen to the music he doesnt say doo wop doo wop listen to the music but something else. And the 'new' songs all sucks except for J5.

And the US level runs like a fucking slideshow at times..ridiculous cause it's not even a good looking or built level.

Let me know how you get on with Grind City. Pretty painful slowdown!

well that doesn't sound good :(

MMaRsu

Which version?

Which version did you play?

I'm on Ps3. If the later levels after grind city are better framedrops wise Id say buy this version because before that lvl its pretty damn good imo. Not perfect.. like I wished. It's not always 30fps either..

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Getgames has it up as a steam key if you want to test your luck: http://getgamesgo.com/product/jet-set-radio
They're legit steam-key sellers, but I offer no personal guarantee it'll redeem right; haven't tried it myself, haven't met anyone else who has, making it clear you'd be the guinea pig here.

Fantastic, i purchased several games there. The service is excellent.
Purchasing JSR now. Can't wait to get back home and activate it. :D

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fantastic, i purchased several games there. The service is excellent.
Purchasing JSR now. Can't wait to get back home and activate it. :D

You won't get access to it any sooner than if you bought it on Steam and they may not even have keys to give out yet.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
You won't get access to it any sooner than if you bought it on Steam and they may not even have keys to give out yet.

I been using Steam for years, i know what i'm doing and how they manage game releases. I already got the key and i'm waiting to get back home to activate it.

morningbus

I been using Steam for years, i know what i'm doing and how they manage game releases. I already got the key and i'm waiting to get back home to activate it.

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the specifics of buying from a third party seller. I'm glad to hear you already got the key, though: that is a pretty solid confirmation that it will most likely release today.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the specifics of buying from a third party seller. I'm glad to hear you already got the key, though: that is a pretty solid confirmation that it will most likely release today.

Its okay, my apologies if i sounded rude.

ezodagrom

Getgames has it up as a steam key if you want to test your luck: http://getgamesgo.com/product/jet-set-radio
They're legit steam-key sellers, but I offer no personal guarantee it'll redeem right; haven't tried it myself, haven't met anyone else who has, making it clear you'd be the guinea pig here.
7.99€...
When SEGA announced the release date and prices in the blogs, they said that the PC version was going to cost 6.49€.
I recommend you guys to just wait for it to appear on Steam.
http://blogs.sega.com/2012/08/10/jet-set-radio-release-gets-price-tagged/

So it is the PS3 version that is screwed then? Because I got no slowdown in Grind city on my 360 version.

So far, it seems like we've had one person claim the 360 version has problems, and that was Ryan Davis from Giantbomb.

But we've had numerous people say they experienced nothing out of the ordinary. So I don't know exactly who to believe, but I'm beginning to think the 360 version is a little more solid overall.

It seems this game may have issues with hard drives that are fragmented, as some people have talked of brief freezes and stutters while playing, while others have said none of that is happening for them.

Unfortunately I won't be home to try the 360 demo for another 8 hours, but I'm curious to see how it runs on my recently reformatted hard drive.

I'm just hoping the PC version doesn't have any internal video buffer issues (forced 1280x720, ugh - and it wouldn't be the first time Sega'd have done it) and runs at 60FPS...

Tain

brumx said:
I played the DC ver yesterday and I dont think there was ever any slowdown

It's not nearly as frequent as the slowdown in JSRF, but I definitely remember some. Especially with the tear gas cops, I think.

I'm just hoping the PC version doesn't have any internal video buffer issues (forced 1280x720, ugh - and it wouldn't be the first time Sega'd have done it) and runs at 60FPS...

Expect 30fps and a flexible-ish resolution, I think. I'm once again fully convinced that this game needs to run at 30.

ezodagrom

About the locked internal resolution, after the complaints that Sonic 4 Episode 2 had before the patch, I doubt they will do the same mistake. It's possible that it could end up like the first Dreamcast Collection pack though, 1280x720 was the highest resolution possible, and, in the case of Sonic Adventure DX, it was locked internally at 640x480 (I don't have the other Dreamcast Collection games, but the others either render properly at each of the possible resolutions, or they were locked at 1280x720...the only thing I know is that the maximum resolution is just 1280x720).

About framerate, I'm not completely sure, but I think SEGA hasn't released a game locked at 30fps in many years, their recent games all run at 60fps, even those that are locked at 30fps in the consoles. Let's hope they continue this trend.

morningbus

Expect 30fps and a flexible-ish resolution, I think. I'm once again fully convinced that this game needs to run at 30.

What does the game run at on NullDC? My memory is a bit hazy, but it felt a lot smoother than 30fps when I played it last.

soultron

Banned
Between 1-6 PM EST?

Bu... bu... but I wanted to play on lunch. :C

Everyone is playing BL2. And they keep asking me to play too. But I just want to play JSR HD.

Tain

What does the game run at on NullDC? My memory is a bit hazy, but it felt a lot smoother than 30fps when I played it last.

I haven't tried on NullDC, but the Dreamcast original never runs higher than 30fps, so NullDC will give you a game running at 30fps when the emulator's speed counter is saying 60 (full speed emulation).

ezodagrom said:
About framerate, I'm not completely sure, but I think SEGA hasn't released a game locked at 30fps in many years, their recent games all run at 60fps, even those that are locked at 30fps in the consoles. Let's hope they continue this trend.

These are new games with new engines, though. Most Japanese developers have moved away from making games with fixed time step engines, I think. It can be tough to take a game that uses one and "uncap" (a misleading term in this case) its framerate.

zbarron

It is now listed as just Jet Set Radio and is up for download after buying it off that site. Expect it real soon everyone.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Yeah, it will unlock very soon.
I activated it but when i click install nothing happens.
So excited to play this game again after more than 10 years.

Meanwhile i'm playing THPS HD, which was released yesterday for PC. So much nostalgia!!

zbarron

Yeah, it will unlock very soon.
I activated it but when i click install nothing happens.
So excited to play this game again after more than 10 years.

Meanwhile i'm playing THPS HD, which was released yesterday for PC. So much nostalgia!!

show.php

Try again.

Nabs

MSAA and resolution options. That's cool with me.

Now someone play it and tell us if it's smooth.

Top Bottom