• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

mj1108

Loved the DC version to death and played the fuck out of it years ago. I downloaded the demo tonight on the 360 and played through it.... TAKE MY MONEY SEGA!

ezodagrom

PC Download is now 2012 on the Sega UK page and the XBL is listed as out now.

God dammit the fuckers have delayed it without a god damn word.
It's possible that the US page was never updated with the actual release date for the PC version, when I checked it a few days ago, it said 2012, I don't think it's been delayed, maybe they just forgot or didn't care enough to update the release date in the US page?
SEGA tends to show a lack of care for PC versions, like never mentioning the PC version of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed in trailers or articles even though it's been confirmed already that there will be a PC version.

It's possible that the US page was never updated with the actual release date for the PC version, when I checked it a few days ago, it said 2012, I don't think it's been delayed, maybe they just forgot or didn't care enough to update the release date in the US page?
SEGA tends to show a lack of care for PC versions, like never mentioning the PC version of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed in trailers or articles even though it's been confirmed already that there will be a PC version.

Sega supports pc more than many companies actually.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Domstercool said:
Yeah. It seems to be directly like the Dreamcast iteration when it comes to the pop-in.
It's been 11 years so I can hardly claim I remember it clearly - but skimming through youtube videos, DC version had a LOT more popup.
But yes it's still there in places - and considering the 360/PS3 versions also slowdown in places kinda says why...

ezodagrom

Occasionally they do show more support for the PC than alot of other companies, but they also show a lack of care for the PC as well.

Some examples:
- Games released with locked internal resolution, like the 2011 port of Sonic Adventure DX which was locked internally at 640x480 (even though the 2004 port had proper support for some higher resolutions), Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Episode 2 were locked at 1280x720 internal resolution, after alot of complaining, they patched Episode 2 to render at other 16:9 resolutions instead of being upscaled from 1280x720.

- Games with broken features that are not patched. Steam version of the 2011 port of Sonic Adventure DX, the configuration tool is completely broken, it doesn't work at all. Basically the Steam version doesn't create the necessary registry entries for the configuration tool to work, I contacted SEGA's support and told them how it could be fixed, they thanked me for the feedback and nothing happened afterwards. The configuration tool is still broken.
There's also Sonic Generations, the game crashes in the online mode, first it happened only to players that had over 100 Steam friends, but after a patch it started happening to everyone. That patch was the last one to be released, and the online mode was never fixed.

Occasionally they do show more support for the PC than alot of other companies, but they also show a lack of care for the PC as well.

Some examples:
- Games released with locked internal resolution, like the 2011 port of Sonic Adventure DX which was locked internally at 640x480 (even though the 2004 port had proper support for some higher resolutions), Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Episode 2 were locked at 1280x720 internal resolution, after alot of complaining, they patched Episode 2 to render at other 16:9 resolutions instead of being upscaled from 1280x720.

- Games with broken features that are not patched. Steam version of the 2011 port of Sonic Adventure DX, the configuration tool is completely broken, it doesn't work at all. Basically the Steam version doesn't create the necessary registry entries for the configuration tool to work, I contacted SEGA's support and told them how it could be fixed, they thanked me for the feedback and nothing happened afterwards. The configuration tool is still broken.
There's also Sonic Generations, the game crashes in the online mode, first it happened only to players that had over 100 Steam friends, but after a patch it started happening to everyone. That patch was the last one to be released, and the online mode was never fixed.

Yea true. I remember you on the Steam forums. Do you remember how to make the game true full screen and wide?

TheOGB

Banned

Some examples:

SADX 2011 was so terrible

and I spent money on it pretty much knowing it was -_-

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I don't know what's going on, but there is definitely some skipping/chugging as I'm playing the game. What the hell, Sega?

And this tutorial is shit.

ezodagrom

Yea true. I remember you on the Steam forums. Do you remember how to make the game true full screen and wide?
The game only runs at 4:3, there's no way to make it true wide screen, if you want to play without the borders, you can for example run it at 1024x768 (in reality it's 640x480 upscaled to 1024x768) in full screen mode, which will stretch the game to fit the whole screen.

jett

D-Member
Do the PS360 have an unlocked framerate or do they max out at 30? I really hope the PC version will let me run it at 60...if it ever comes out.

The game only runs at 4:3, there's no way to make it true wide screen, if you want to play without the borders, you can for example run it at 1024x768 (in reality it's 640x480 upscaled to 1024x768) in full screen mode, which will stretch the game to fit the whole screen.

Yea just found that old thread. Thanks.

ezodagrom

Do the PS360 have an unlocked framerate or do they max out at 30? I really hope the PC version will let me run it at 60...if it ever comes out.
Most likely the PC version will come out in around 14 hours or so, around 18:00 in London's timezone (which is the time when Steam usually updates). There's the possibility that it could be released hours before or after the time of Steam's update though.

The varying reports of how this game runs on consoles is perplexing to say the least.

"This game runs like shit on the PS3. Game freezes and then continues on every few seconds".

"The game runs really well on the PS3. Nice visuals, with the occasional framerate drop".

"This game is a nightmare on the 360. Massive performance issues".

"The game runs very smooth on the 360, and it looks fantastic".

:|

The varying reports of how this game runs on consoles is perplexing to say the least.

"This game runs like shit on the PS3. Game freezes and then continues on every few seconds".

"The game runs really well on the PS3. Nice visuals, with the occasional framerate drop".

Ya, I'm seriously not sure what to get at this point.

mj1108

The demo on the 360 felt great to me.

Persona7

Banned
Kind of funny how I wanted this game so bad for months and then I suddenly lose interest in it completely. I had saved 15 bucks in my PSN wallet before they even announced the price. I spent it last week after hearing the reports of this game having technical issues. Now you have these other things like people getting screwed on PSN and no info on the PC version.

I don't even care anymore.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If it doesn't come out tomorrow, I don't know what I'll do. Save the money for whenever it does come out? Save the money until there is a kickass sale on something else? Get Stranger's Wrath HD (never played) right now?

You have my money, Sega. RIGHT NOW IT IS YOURS. But if you don't release this tomorrow, fuck knows if you'll ever get it.

Kind of like me and JSR, huh...

dock

I had almost forgotten how awful grind square was. Took me a while, never going back.

It also has horrible z-fighting issues with the billboards.

I wonder whether they'll patch this game.

Domstercool

Fans who just want to play JSR on their HDTVs should be fine. In a way, it totally reminds me of Perfect Dark on the 360 (JSR isn't a remake, but playing Perfect Dark felt just like you remembered it on the N64). You remember JSR, but it isn't as lovely as it used to be, or what your memory thinks of it.

This version hits that nostalgia sweet spot, but it still has pop-in. For me, I felt like I was playing the DC version on the 360. I didn't hit any framerate problems, just pop-in problems, but since they were present in the DC one, it didn't bother me that much, just disappointed they did not fix that issue.

Grizza

I planned on buying this along with Torchlight II. Hmm. I really hope this comes out tomorrow, as I don't buy 360 or PS3 dl titles anymore.

Dabanton

It was still saying error when trying to DL JSR on Live tried the RAW demo and that worked.
In the end I just went through the website and it's now DL'ing

Bought it a few hours ago and having a blast. The camera is giving me the most trouble, but this was the case back in the DC days. It looks beautiful and crisp, the only technical complaint are infrequent framedrops every now and then. Barely. On an original PS3 60 gig. Really surprised people are reporting slideshow level performance..

derExperte

True, the ports are usually good but they are horrible with release dates and don't communicate at all leaving PC gamers confused. I remember Renegade Ops and Binary Domain, delays, no date, no official comment, then suddenly they were there. Can't be good for sales.

MMaRsu

Well the game was running fine till I got to chapter 2.. first of all it's clear enough the US version sucks. The new level isn't that cool and in the song listen to the music he doesnt say doo wop doo wop listen to the music but something else. And the 'new' songs all sucks except for J5.

And the US level runs like a fucking slideshow at times..ridiculous cause it's not even a good looking or built level.

Well the game was running fine till I got to chapter 2.. first of all it's clear enough the US version sucks. The new level isn't that cool and in the song listen to the music he doesnt say doo wop doo wop listen to the music but something else. And the 'new' songs all sucks except for J5.

And the US level runs like a fucking slideshow at times..ridiculous cause it's not even a good looking or built level.

Which version?

Let me know how you get on with Grind City. Pretty painful slowdown!

Which version did you play?

Top Bottom