• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

soultron

Banned
Sounds like impulse buying this may have been a mistake.

Figures.

I'm sure it's an easy fix. Still, SEGA is probably going to lose sales from this. They'd be smart to pull it from Steam until it's fixed.

I'm only disappointed that I wasted my entire lunch hour on this. :c

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Bought it right now and went through the tutorial it runs solidly maxed out on my compy. i3 and GTX 460 here.

I'll play later when someone mods in Yappy Feet.

iavi

I'm sure it's an easy fix. Still, SEGA is probably going to lose sales from this. They'd be smart to pull it from Steam until it's fixed.

I'm only disappointed that I wasted my entire lunch hour on this. :c

After the launch of Binary Domain, you'd think that Sega would have realized that shoddy launches tarnish name, regardless of whether or not it's all tidied up later.

Like that RPS Binary Domain write-up. Ugh.

zbarron

360 pad and 360 arcade stick work great. solid framerate on my 560 ti and it is smooth enough I can understand how some may mistake it for 60.

1440p 0xmsaa for any pixel counters.
1212.jpg

zbarron

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 as well. But I'm getting 8 FPS.
zbarron has the same GPU as I do too.
... :C

I just emailed the developer about this. Hopefully they get it.
try messing around with the resolution. sometimes mine works at high res, sometimes not so I cycle until it works.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I have a 7970 3GB, 16GB of ram and i7-2600k. This damn thing better run right when I get home, hahaha :(

Blizzard

Banned
Weird about the cycling thing. That almost reminds me of when I try to run a game I'm working on with SFML and it sometimes gets stuck at 30 fps despite doing hardly anything that should drop the framerate (unlocked my game engine ran at like 1200 fps).

New theory -- people with low framerates, open task manager and look at the CPU usage. Is it maxing out one core? People with i3-i7 CPUs seem to be running fine.

haikira

Some screenshots i posted on the PC Screenshot thread.

Using max in game AA and Downsampled from 1440p. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

Also. Having zero problems. Game is running super stable, even with fraps snapping a shot every second. GTX 580 + 2500k, both stock.

EDIT: On latest Nvidia drivers too, by the way.

Just tried the 360 trial and I am experiencing the skipping and stuttering issues previously reported. I wouldnt be surprised if it is a hard drive fragmentation issue so just give the trial a spin before dropping the space bucks. I'm not sure I'd say it is unplayable for me but it is bad enough to push me to not buy it. If it is hard drive related I'm not sure it can even be fixed.

ezodagrom

I don't have the game yet, I can only buy it later tonight, but a friend says that it's running smoothly for him at 1680x1050 with 8xMSAA.
He has a Phenom II X6 1090T, Radeon HD6870, 6GB ram, Win 7 64 bits.

Just tried the 360 trial and I am experiencing the skipping and stuttering issues previously reported. I wouldnt be surprised if it is a hard drive fragmentation issue so just give the trial a spin before dropping the space bucks. I'm not sure I'd say it is unplayable for me but it is bad enough to push me to not buy it. If it is hard drive related I'm not sure it can even be fixed.

My 360 was recently behaving very slowly, so I reformatted the hard drive. Everything runs lightning fast after doing that. So I think that is your best bet.

iavi

Some screenshots i posted on the PC Screenshot thread.

Using max in game AA and Downsampled from 1440p. Nothing else out of the ordinary.

Also. Having zero problems. Game is running super stable, even with fraps snapping a shot every second.

Well, there's one question answered; that's no upscale.

UrbanRats

played a few minutes in the tutorial (got the 100 combo achievement, yay!) and it runs with smooth 30fps (well, as smooth as 30 fps can be, really) no problems.
All maxed out.

i5 750.
GTX580.
8gb ram.
Win7 64 bit.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Rebooting Steam did nothing but I rebooted my computer and it works perfectly now!

Tain

man. Sucks to hear about those having framerate issues, but I think I'll have to buy this as soon as I get home. Look at that draw distance! Such an improvement from the DC game.

Don't necessarily want to put words in his mouth if he didn't say it, but didn't Arthur Gies at least suggest it earlier in this thread?

He did. And he's not the only one, weirdly. I don't know why so many people think that this game seems smoother than 30 fps.

Skyzard

Banned
People generally just don't know what 60fps is like, especially if they mostly play console games these days. I've learnt never to trust random posts that don't back it up thoroughly.

PC version looks fantastic. Will probably pick it up if the Vita version disappoints...Jawad from the EU playstation blog said "it's a different game, sort of" (on the vita)...although it looked pretty damn identical from the E3 JSR videos we saw. Gaming news is pretty shite these days.

I'm probably going to pass on this.
Played the demo and...wow. I remember having difficulty with the original DC version (still beat it) but these days...eugh.
The controls are just so awkward and the player-character feels so SLOW.

Yeah I don't know I guess the time has passed.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I've heard enough impressions, I'll take my chances on Steam.

edit: works fine on my laptop. constant 30 fps, 1080p, sound is excellent.
really minor issues: noticed a shadow pop once or twice, crashed on me once after installing but hasn't happened since.

win 7 64
i7 720 (quad core mobile)
8 gb ram
geforce gts 360m 1 gb gddr5

brumx

GBA game was better than nothing. They look the same but the DC sound is probably louder and the guy says JET GRIND RADIO better I think at that start

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's the thing, If I own a Dreamcast and Jet Grind Radio(which I do), is there any incentive on getting for 360/PS3.

Higher resolution, widescreen, better draw distance, spray button and camera are no longer locked to the same input.

RaffAO

The little documentary is surprisingly good, respect to the people who made that. Money was evidently spent and people cared. That sort of thing is usually complete garbage.

Top Bottom