• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Anteater

fuck this shit, sega doesn't know when their games are coming out worldwide that's not NA and Europe, I'm just going to buy something else *knocks down magazine racks*

EkD5J.png

TimmiT

The game works surprisingly well on my laptop. Getting 30fps with sometimes dipping a bit below at 1080p and 8x MSAA at these specs:

Geforce GT540m
Intel Core i7 2630QM (2 GHz Sandy Bridge quad core with turbo speed up to 2.9 GHz)
6GB RAM

fuck this shit, sega doesn't know when their games are coming out worldwide that's not NA and Europe, I'm just going to buy something else *knocks down magazine racks*

EkD5J.png
I'm pretty sure that by that tweet they mean the Twitter account is run by SEGA of America and Sega of Europe.

Anteater

The game works surprisingly well on my laptop. Getting 30fps with sometimes dipping a bit below at 1080p and 8x MSAA at these specs:

Geforce GT540m
Intel Core i7 2630QM (2 GHz quad core with turbo speed up to 2.9 GHz)
6GB RAM

I'm pretty sure that by that tweet they mean the Twitter account is run by SEGA of America and Sega of Europe.

Yea but where else am I suppose to ask though, that's their official twitter and I really don't know where I'm suppose to get info on the release date for other regions.

Done four missions now and also unlocked Mew and Garam. Game has stayed at a constant 30fps with no drops at all (have had fraps on showing fps the whole time).

Loving it.

Any way to unlock the framerate? :<

Considering how everything in the game seemed to be running at half speed at 15fps, I'm pretty sure increasing framerate beyond 30 is just going to make it run too fast.

Forget 30fps, the game's running in the single digits for me and I'm getting no sound.

2500k, 560ti 448, 8GB dunno what's up.

Did you try rebooting? Several of us had low framerate until we rebooted.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Kind of funny how I wanted this game so bad for months and then I suddenly lose interest in it completely. I had saved 15 bucks in my PSN wallet before they even announced the price. I spent it last week after hearing the reports of this game having technical issues. Now you have these other things like people getting screwed on PSN and no info on the PC version.

I don't even care anymore.

Regarding Jet Set Radio on PSN and folks who may have had issues yesterday with finding the game to download:

So..yeah, the unlock Jet Set Radio key was the only thing that was live from approximately 3:30pm to 5:30pm yesterday (Tuesday, 9/18) . Any users that purchased the version that had only the unlock will be able to receive the full version of the game by downloading the demo from the storefront (we are in the process of preparing the demo for a special publish today). I'll post here again when I know what the time is for this special publish is

Very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused; but thanks for your patience.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Trying to use the PC keyboard controls and running into issues with the graffiti. When you have to do stuff that has a curve to it, the game isn't recognizing it and you fail the move. How are you supposed to do it then?

It's not ideal but I've been able to execute curves about 90% of the time on keyboard.
just remember to to gradually move between directions.
for example: to execute a curve that starts at the bottom, goes right and then to the top you'd press 's' then 's+d' then 'd+w' and finally 'w', as if you were drawing the curve with a d-pad.

Fox the Sly

First off, does the steam version support the 360 controller. Also 360 or pc? zomg I didn't even know it was coming to pc until 2 min ago

Get the PC version. Seems the most stable in terms of frame rate and there could possibly be a Yappie Feet mod coming at some point. And yes, it fully supports the 360 controller.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I got the PC myself.

i5 2500k
8GB RAM
8800GT
1920x1200 and 8xMSAA

Rock solid 30fps.

Get the PC version. Seems the most stable in terms of frame rate and there could possibly be a Yappie Feet mod coming at some point. And yes, it fully supports the 360 controller.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I got the PC myself.

i5 2500k
8GB RAM
8800GT
1920x1200 and 8xMSAA

Rock solid 30fps.

whats a yappie feet mod lol

The PC version is running nicely for me, seems noticeably smoother than the PS3 version in a couple of areas - the most obvious is Bantam St. which runs at a constant 30FPS on my PC unlike when I played it through a couple of times on the PS3 (noticeably slowdown a lot of the time).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
God this game looks gorgeous on PC, wish it ran at 60FPS but it still feels pretty smooth. Game just reaffirms that I need to get a 360 pad for my PC at some point though, keyboard controls are clunky as hell.

Just ran into an interesting bug. I hit pause with 100 seconds left, and was only away from the game for less than 10 of those seconds. When I unpaused, the game was at 8 seconds left on the timer and the game crashed to desktop when time ran out. Really weird.

UrbanRats

Shit I forgot you could even do that. I've been using the center camera button for so many years. I don't even know if I can adjust my playstyle to take that into account at this point.

I know it took me a while, but it's much better (as a matter of fact, i use both).

Just buy it here...
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JSR/jet-set-radio
U get a key for steam.... and if your IGN Prime you get 15% off ;)

GAH! Completely forgot to check Gamersgate and my 15% off, just bought it as soon as I saw it on Steam Store. Ah well, only a £1 I guess.

Absolutely loving it though. First time I've ever played any of the Jet Set Radio games myself, although watched a friend play Future, but it is definitely my type of game, dunno why its taken me so long to try it out.

Also, 30fps constant on a i5/6870, both stock.

Bought on Steam, getting a rock solid 30fps @ 1920x1080 with 4xAA

i5 750
AMD HD5770
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Only issues: Boosting sound is not in sync with visuals, and the sound for spray painting is really low quality. Professor K sounded fine for me.

Khar

It's a solid 30fps for me downsampling 2880x1800 to 1920x1200 with 8XMSAA.

The cel shading looks fantastic except for the odd low res texture -- Captain Onishima's face for instance.

i5 2500k @ 4GHz
Geforce GTX 670
8Gb RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

I've replayed this game several times over the years on my Dreamcast with a VGA cable, and in NullDC with Joytokey. It's never looked better than this HD port.

Jacobi

Banned
Just played a couple of hours on the PCs - it's great. Runs pretty good on my shitty 2011 iMac and playing it with the 360 pad is glorious. The camera control is awesome, and the controls seem to be even better than the original. Just good lots of good vibes playing it, this definitely is my favorite game ever. Why can't we get games like JSR nowadays? Everything just was so original and new about it...

jett

D-Member
Reboot your system.

wow thanks that fixed it somehow!

Runs beautifully on my aging C2D+4670, at 1080p+AA. Don't really mind 30fps at all here, it looks super smooth for some reason. And it looks SO GOOD, I can't believe how well the graphics have aged and how well they hold up at high definition. I love the controls today as I love them back then btw, I knew the complainers didn't know what they were talking about. :p It just feels so great to go from one trick to another. Just finished the tutorial to remind me of some stuff, ended the run with 71 trick combo!

hwalker84

Holy cow the game runs amazing in my PC.

Windows 8
Intel Q6600
8GB
Nvidia GTX 280

Running @ 1680x1050 perfectly smooth. I'm blown away!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So this is my first time actually playing Jet Set Radio.

The main beef everybody has with the game is that you have to tag all the Red Arrows in a stage, you have pretty much no hand holding to where these Red Arrows are, you have no checkpoint system and, if you don't get them all in one go, the counter restarts?

Sure, that's a shitty thing to do, but that's the game. You have to learn each stage (which will be a pain in the ass, I'm sure, and I'll be watching some guides on YouTube FOR SURE), but yeah. Old game is old.

Runs pretty well, and you can get a glimpse of 60 FPS when you're transitioning in and out of menus, while it's dimming the screen.

I wonder if this will get any mods?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So this is my first time actually playing Jet Set Radio.

The main beef everybody has with the game is that you have to tag all the Red Arrows in a stage, you have pretty much no hand holding to where these Red Arrows are, you have no checkpoint system and, if you don't get them all in one go, the counter restarts?

Sure, that's a shitty thing to do, but that's the game. You have to learn each stage (which will be a pain in the ass, I'm sure, and I'll be watching some guides on YouTube FOR SURE), but yeah. Old game is old.

Runs pretty well, and you can get a glimpse of 60 FPS when you're transitioning in and out of menus, while it's dimming the screen.

I wonder if this will get any mods?

I only dicked around with it for a minute or two, but yeah, the fact that it goes up to 60 like that is really frustrating. Sigh... oh well.

Not sure when I'll put this version through it's paces. Not tonight, though.

Top Bottom