• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD |OT| Flip The Raps, Flip The Track

Daigoro

thanks for the impressions Dark. too bad they cheaped out on the sound.

ill be buying this asap on 360 though. $10 is a good price for this i think.

Mesoian

Okay, guys. I'm taking my nostalgia glasses off. I still love JSR, but JSRF is a million times better simply due to the fact that you have more precise control. Everytime I try to hit that crane to jump over that gap in the highway in the city only to have my character jerk wildly to the left and miss it entirely, my soul dies a bit.

And that's just JSR. That's how it was 10 years ago.

Kyon

Banned
Yeah I JUST said that to my sister lol we liked how I'm Future you magnetically connected to the rails to grind. It's really frustrating having to guide it with the analog I wish it just auto stuck into the rails like future

Tain

Okay, guys. I'm taking my nostalgia glasses off. I still love JSR, but JSRF is a million times better simply due to the fact that you have more precise control. Everytime I try to hit that crane to jump over that gap in the highway in the city only to have my character jerk wildly to the left and miss it entirely, my soul dies a bit.

Pretty sure it has more to do with that specific crane than it does the gamewide grinding mechanics. That's one of the very few spots in the game where I feel like landing into a grind is unpredictable.

Hahaha.

Look for a wall, you can wall grind over the gap without using the crane and never mess up

That crane was a monster though when I originally played the game.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What makes you say that? Would it really be that shocking to find out the PS3 version of a multi platform game runs worse than it does on the 360? Because it shouldn't.
It would be shocking that out of all the Sega HD re-releases and multiplatform digital games that this particular one would have such a huge difference in performance gap as 60fps vs 30fps would be. 30fps with more drops than 360... I can see that.
No need to try to protect 360 honor here.

What makes you say that? Would it really be that shocking to find out the PS3 version of a multi platform game runs worse than it does on the 360? Because it shouldn't.

Yes, it would be shocking, because it is a port of a game designed for hardware that is an order of magnitude less powerful than the 360 and PS3, not in any way a modern game.

Mesoian

I would feel super jipped if the 360 version ran at 60fps while the PS3 ran at 30, often dropping with a lot of activity. That wouldn't be acceptable.

It would be shocking that out of all the Sega HD re-releases and multiplatform digital games that this particular one would have such a huge difference in performance gap as 60fps vs 30fps would be. 30fps with more drops than 360... I can see that.
No need to try to protect 360 honor here.

360 honor? lol

Just stating the obvious. I'll be buying whichever version runs the best. It's really that simple for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thank Microsoft for upping the achievement count. PSN games won't get as many trophies unless they use all brozne for ~20 trophies (still not enough) or put Platinum trophies in all PSN games

Thank Microsoft for upping the achievement count. PSN games won't get as many trophies unless they use all brozne for ~20 trophies (still not enough) or put Platinum trophies in all PSN games

So this pretty much means there wont be trophy parity for PSN/XBLA games for like another year or 2 when Sony updates their rules or w.e

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Seems arbitrary since there seems to be more and more PSN titles getting Platinums like Motorstorm RC, Sound Shapes, Dead Nation, Okabu, PayDay, Spelunker etc.

Edit: looked up a list. Much more than I thought.

Unicorn

Q7Avt.gif

OH MAN THE NOSTALGIA

*clicking Dreamcast disc drive*

Yup, I still remember that stuff and hating it then. Main reason I never completed the game was because of the controls and odd things like that. Watched my friend get Jet Rating on everything though.

Kyon

Banned
My other problem is having to press trigger to speed up SMH When im grinding i get so slow my character jumps off

Thank Microsoft for upping the achievement count. PSN games won't get as many trophies unless they use all bronze for ~20 trophies (still not enough) or put Platinum trophies in all PSN games

Not really though, some games get away with it, some don't (like Trine 1). Just like the fact that some PSN-games get a platinum and others don't. It seems (at least to the consumer) Sony doesn't have a clear cut system for it like MS. Maybe they decide on giving a 3rd party game a platinum trophy to boost sales or if the dev specifically asks for it (like with Dyad). Trust me that matters.

Hopefully Vita version will be OK.

Chris_C

Are saves transferable between PS3 and Vita versions? I don't recall seeing anything that talks about that in any press. I'm waiting for the Vita version, but might get both if I can transfer saves.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Has there been any news on framerate for XBLA version? Eurogamer reviewed the Xbox version and say 'frame rate is excellent throughout' which makes me wonder if the XBLA Ver is the one to get?

Any other sites said any thing?

dock

Excited for the European PS+ release today!

How are the graffiti options? Can I import tags?

Also, are there any leaderboards for stages with friends?

dose

From the Eurogamer review...
...the left trigger still covers camera-centring duties along with spray-painting, which means it's easy to get yourself turned around during certain high-drama sequences
Seriously, who's idea was this? Why didn't they assign them to separate buttons this time around? I've banged on about this before. JSR on the DC has poor controls, this being the main culprit as it makes the boxx battle infuriating. I can't believe they've kept this in.

Daigoro

i got mad and threw my controller. 5/10!!!

From the Eurogamer review...

Seriously, who's idea was this? Why didn't they assign them to separate buttons this time around? I've banged on about this before. JSR on the DC has poor controls, this being the main culprit as it makes the boxx battle infuriating. I can't believe they've kept this in.

Dark10x says you can disable the trigger centering the camera and the right stick has full free camera control.

boom.

(i love it when reviewers forget to check the in game options)

polg

can't wait... I loved this one on my DC but... I couldn't afford to buy games (were too expensive where I lived) so I had a pirated copy.

I'm buying the Vita version so I'm hoping to get some karma back :)

I really think I'm going to end up buying this 3 times.

JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I remember spending ages trying to design my own tags. Failing miserably of course.

Top Bottom