• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jewish groups cancel annual High Holidays call with President for obvious reasons

Linkura

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...tm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

The Central Conference of American Rabbis, Rabbinical Assembly, Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association and Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism released a joint statement on Wednesday accusing President Donald Trump of making statements that embolden “those who advocate anti-Semitism, racism, and xenophobia.”

“We have concluded that President Trump’s statements during and after the tragic events in Charlottesville are so lacking in moral leadership and empathy for the victims of racial and religious hatred that we cannot organize such a call this year,” the statement said.

The annual conference call with rabbis, organized by the four groups included on the statement, takes place in the days leading up to the Jewish High Holidays. The tradition has been in place for roughly eight years, according to a representative from the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism. Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton held similar briefings, though the tradition wasn’t formalized until President Barack Obama took office, according to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.

Rabbi Jonah Dov Pesner, director of the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, said Jewish organizations were “very much prepared” to do the call until the events transpired in Charlottesville.

Don't think this surprises anyone here.

Dai101

Banned
D6l8fu1.gif

How toxic can you be before your party finally dumps you? This is record level toxicity, y'all.

Until they see that people that support them are leaving. We've heard about all those council that have moved away from them, but one that's stayed strong is his Evangelical group. A group that's solidly to the right. Only one person left that group while the rest have either been silent or supportive of Trump's Charlottesville comments.

Oh yeah, this is the one guy that quit his Evangelical council

bernardknsa8.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
These guys might want to call the people in Charge in Israel. Some of them ain't to mad at Trump.

What? The fuck does that have to go with anything? Jewish people and Israel aren't automatically one and the same you anti Semitic twit.

Iolo

Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton held similar briefings, though the tradition wasn’t formalized until President Barack Obama took office, according to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.

He's just undoing Obama's regulations.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was referring to the story from last week...

And fuck you you stupid cunt.

Lol did I hurt your feelings kid? This thread has nothing to do with Israel, bringing up Israel in a thread strictly about Jews tells me exactly what you are.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Lol did I hurt your feelings kid? This thread has nothing to do with Israel, bringing up Israel in a thread strictly about Jews tells me exactly what you are.

People were making reference to another thread on a story where Israel would rather support Trump than denounce Nazis.

Tonedeff

Gotta say,the only silver lining of the Trump presidency might be the popping of the "President as fucking everything" bubble, where people call on the executive to fulfill functions it was never meant to and that I don't think it should. Now, in Trump's case, its because he's a fucking piece of shit. But still, hopefully after him, the next president won't feel the need to be everything so much, if you know what I mean

aeolist

Banned
if they would have done the call before his statement it seems they only care about appearances, it's been obvious for a while that he's the neo-nazi's guy

can't wait for bibi netanyahu to attack the rabbis for going after his bud

Wag

if they would have done the call before his statement it seems they only care about appearances, it's been obvious for a while that he's the neo-nazi's guy

They're American rabbis, I doubt he cares.

Linkura

I don't think there ever was a joke. Been following the thread because, well, I made it. All I saw was that Israel was brought up and people got upset.

Jag

American Jews voted over 70% for Hillary. That was before all this shit went down. I'm sure the number would be even higher now.

Dai101

Banned

Call them fake jews maybe?

Top Bottom