• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jill Stein Launches Fundraising Effort To Ask For A Recount In 3 States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Guys, seriously, don't get your hopes up.

Vote flips during recounts number in the hundreds, not the tens of thousands.

The famous Al Franken recount only resulted in a change of 400 or so votes, and that involved one of the election officials remembering that she had boxes of ballots in the trunk of her car.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Well, looks like a Wisconsin recount is happening. How does this actually work for her? What kind of process is it. I wonder if there is still a chance people are getting bamboozled out of their money.

CDX

Here are the filing fees and deadlines for each state:

Wisconsin: $1.1 million by Nov 25 Almost there!
Pennsylvania: $.5 million by Nov 28
Michigan: $.6 million by Nov 30

It's officially over $1.1 million now.

I guess that means a Wisconsin recount is going to happen.

Anyway at the very least it'll be interesting to see Trump's reaction. We'll probably at least get a twitter rant out of this. *gets popcorn ready*

i'm for it as long as it keeps people paying attention and energized. plus if it comes in and there was nothing wrong (it's likely nothing was wrong), then at least it would put to rest bullshit conspiracies over the next few years and actual work can go towards building the democratic party as a 50-state party.

agreed, worth it

Anyway at the very least it'll be interesting to see Trump's reaction. We'll probably at least get a twitter rant out of this. *gets popcorn ready*

Who will file the recount documents during the holiday?

I love it, hope we get all 3 done

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You seem incredibly vested in telling people it's useless and that they are goolong themselves

Prety amusing that you're prety much the top poster in this thread

So what does that mean again? I have a right to voice my opinion which is that people donating to this are pouring their money into a conspiracy theory fueled romp. Worse even still is that it's Jill freaking stein.

I'm not assuming anything, you said I was fooling myself and I told you I am fine with being a fool and would not be the last what is your problem?

Let me be me you be you

the sad thing about this is I have a PayPal and I have a Patreon I would love to raise this kind of money for my art and dreams but people shit money on politics that changes little it is a huge game. Hillary spend a Billion with a B to lose an election and she was not the only one to lose. Why are you giving me a hard time for donating $11 when we all just shitted away Billions to get TRUMP?

The damage Trump will do will seriously affect my life, my healthcare, or even if I have a home here in the US so for $11 let me dream dude. You don't think I understand where you are coming from? I am saying let them recount I like that idea better than this nightmare fuel we are living right now. I feel better pretending we don't waste money on less.

I am being me. Watching people fool themselves into thinking this actually has a shot is tough to watch. There is a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance this changes anything. I'll voice my opinion as such

You keep touting the climate thing as if that's a belief of mine. It doesn't play here though, because I don't believe in that. If you saw people pouring money into seeing if it was a hoax, for whatever motivation, wouldn't you say something?

MIMIC

Banned
What's wrong with that plot? As you get more information and things become more certain, the odds of something happening change. Like rolling a dice, any side is 1/6th, but once it lands, you know 100% what it is.

This "prediction" became worthless once actual votes were being tallied.

CNN: "Trump is now leading in all of the states that he needs to win the election."
Prediction model: "Trump has a 80% chance to win now."

No shit

Any number of people?

Is this not through a government agency? If so, then it would be in a specific department. If that department relies on one person for this and that person is out what will happen?

I'm speaking from experience with working with the government.

To ignore that this is Thanksgiving week would be stupid. Thus my original question. Can this be negated by someone just not being there?

soco

Is this not through a government agency? If so, then it would be in a specific department. If that department relies on one person for this and that person is out what will happen?

I'm speaking from experience with working for the government.

To ignore that this is Thanksgiving week would be stupid. Thus my original question. Can this be negated by someone just not being there?

It doesn't matter if the person that's out handles it, it matters that hte office that receives it is open and receives it. Friday isn't typically a government holiday so some office will likely be open. The deadline can't be friday if an office isn't open to receive it, the deadline would move to the next business day.

AniHawk

how close was Wisconsin? Trump up what 28,000?

yeah. really with 90k votes between all states (michigan being the closest), there would need to be rampant tampering going on at a major level for the three states to flip. stuff that would be obvious. so it's pretty much a big ol nothing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
how close was Wisconsin? Trump up what 28,000?

That is so many votes it's not even funny. They would have to "find" trucks full of uncounted ballots to swing that. It's not like the first count was done by carelessly eyeballing fists full of ballots, after all. The certification process has *some* integrity.

Fularu

Banned
So what does that mean again? I have a right to voice my opinion which is that people donating to this are pouring their money into a conspiracy theory fueled romp. Worse even still is that it's Jill freaking stein.

I am being me. Watching people fool themselves into thinking this actually has a shot is tough to watch. There is a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance this changes anything. I'll voice my opinion as such

You keep touting the climate thing as if that's a belief of mine. It doesn't play here though, because I don't believe in that. If you saw people pouring money into seeing if it was a hoax, for whatever motivation, wouldn't you say something?
You're not voicing an opinion, you're bludgeonning people with it add-nauseum. People got your opinion from your vey first post, you're prety much vested in making them change their mind and not contribute by associating them with "conspiracy theorists".

But hey, keep voicing it if you feel better about yourself doing it

Tagg9

This is such an utterly pointless exercise. All it will do is get people's hopes up before mercilessly crushing them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yeah. really with 90k votes between all states (michigan being the closest), there would need to be rampant tampering going on at a major level for the three states to flip. stuff that would be obvious. so it's pretty much a big ol nothing.

At the very least it'll put the conspiracy theories to rest. We won't have another Gore/Bush situation.

Yeah, it ain't changing. This just wastes some people's time.

so if this recounts happens can we revisit this 27,257 is what I found google

edit:

Donald Trump 1,409,467
Hillary Clinton 1,382,210
Gary Johnson 106,442
Jill Stein 30,980 WTF did I just do? LMAO
Darrell Castle (Constitution) 12,179
Monica Moorehead (Workers’ World) 1,781
Rocky de La Fuente (Independent) 1,561
Total: 2,944,620
Total two party: 2,719,677
Total third party: 205,204 (about 7%)

Calamari41

41 > 38
This would be the end of democracy if the recount finds chicanery.

If a recount shows that states were off by 28,000-60,000 votes (whatever the current totals are), there would be an absolute crisis and several high profile recounts in every single state that was within 100,000 or so votes. The loser wouldn't accept the result, and rightfully so, for months.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If a recount shows that states were off by 28,000-60,000 votes (whatever the current totals are), there would be an absolute crisis and several high profile recounts in every single state that was within 100,000 or so votes. The loser wouldn't accept the result, and rightfully so, for months.

Not only that but we'd have to overhaul the entire election system in this country.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You're not voicing an opinion, you're bludgeonning people with add-nauseum. People got your opinion from your vey first post, you're prety much vested in making then change their mind and not contribute by associating them with "conspiracy theorists".

But hey, keep voicing it if you feel better about yourself doing it

I said it's foolish and it is. How is this not a conspiracy territory? This recount is being touted by a conspiracy theorist first off (the wifi and vaccines are killing our children!). And the actual recount is being held because of some devious Russian hacker mystery man, despite that already being essentially debunked.

Edit- it also is giving tons of people false hope.

What a waste of money.

The election is over; it was decided. The electoral college exists for a reason; at times it has benefited both parties. California isn't leaving the union. Faithless electors would only further divide the country and go against the integrity of our system. For better or worse Trump is the 45th president.

Time to focus on what happens next not what has already happened.

jfkgoblue

The computer people who were pushing Clinton to do this targeted WI, PA, and MI based on what they perceived as irregularities.

I don't think anything comes of this tbh
Tired of fucking saying this but

MICHIGAN DOES NOT HAVE ANY ELECTRONIC VOTING MACHINES.

Stop lumping Michigan in there, that is not changing. Really it defeats his entire argument, Clinton needs all 3, but in Michigan it isn't even possible for it to be hacked.

What a waste of money.

The election is over; it was decided. The electoral college exists for a reason; at times it has benefited both parties. California isn't leaving the union. Faithless electors would only further divide the country and go against the integrity of our system. For better or worse Trump is the 45th president.

Time to focus on what happens next not what has already happened.

This has nothing to do with anything you just wrote. Who was even discussing faithless electors in a thread about Jill Stein's crazy recounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom