• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The only thing I'm bummed about at the moment is that I won't be able to pick it up before work (stores don't open until 10, and I'm usually in the office by 9:30). We've got a PS3 in the conference room. I would love to load up the game and check it out with a couple coworkers during lunch.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ASB ACQUIRED.

BSvYE7PCUAEjer0.jpg:large

Card Boy

Banned
So does the game have a story mode in the same way Naruto has one with cutscenes and stuff? Or is it basically a arcade mode?

Text->Fight->Text->Fight->repeat until done

That's ... not what I'd expect to see after how they handled the Naruto Storm games. Kind of disappointing.

Anyone else feel like the game looked really slow when it was being streamed? Couldn't tell if that was the game itself or the streamer just being bad.

jgminto

FUCK YES IGGY! And I always wanted to see more of Fugo so that's awesome too. Makes sense since poison is already a thing in the game.

Since I've only watched the 2012 anime due to this game piquing my interest
imagine that
, all I really want is Lisa Lisa and Stroheim.

:-(

Card Boy

Banned
Great news on Iggy, any chance of Petshop? He was in the Capcom game.

I still can't believe how lazy the story mode is, it honestly would of taken one dude to make it in an 1hr or 2 just typing the text. If you are going to cheap out on something at least put SOME effort in it and do something like Skullgirls/KOF13. Even something like Naruto Generations would of being sufficient.

My play-asia order is still at preparing order. Do you guys think I have still time to cancel it to get HK PSN cards instead? I paid with paypal though, so I don't know if they can refund the money...

Tizoc

manga spoilers

He literally was written having a far too powerful stand that even the author couldn't work with & wrote him out of the story.

Oh I'm aware of that, I've read all JoJo parts by now and am taking a break from Part 8 ;)

Fatty didn't do anything either.

Uh really?
He managed to give Josuke and co. a hint to finding Kira, Fugo chickened out while having a broken-ass Stand

Tizoc

My play-asia order is still at preparing order. Do you guys think I have still time to cancel it to get HK PSN cards instead? I paid with paypal though, so I don't know if they can refund the money...

I'm getting mine in 3 Weeks time, and I don'tthink I can cancel my order =P

Debating whether to split up my AmiAmi order and get the game slightly earlier.

Better get some JPY Sony cash for Fatty too, is Play-Asia the best option for this?

Only found CardCodes.com for that 500$ HKD PSN Card. For $74.99 >.<

Edit: Sondox.com; For $67.99

Edit2: pcgamesupply.com; For $72.99

Somax

How can Fugo's stand work in a fighting game?

Oh well, we'll see. :)

(even if round start->purple haze->opponent dies a horrible poisonous death could be a legit albeit excessive idea)

How can Fugo's stand work in a fighting game?

Oh well, we'll see. :)

(even if round start->purple haze->opponent dies a horrible poisonous death could be a legit albeit excessive idea)

Potential spoilers for those who haven't read part 5.
I was thinking he would break a bulb after a set time, damaging the enemy, and if Fugo manages to run out the clock, the enemy will die due to the virus.
My other idea is that he will simply have a rage meter that increases as the enemy damages Fugo. Upon filling the meter Purple Haze will independently attack the enemy.

I've mailed Play-asia to cancel my ASB pre-order, hopefully it wasn't too late. I'd rather have the HK digital version since it's cheaper, faster, and I would have money left for fatty.

Tizoc

I've mailed Play-asia to cancel my ASB pre-order, hopefully it wasn't too late. I'd rather have the HK digital version since it's cheaper, faster, and I would have money left for fatty.

How big is the digital ver. BTW? At least on JPN PSN?

Tizoc

I have no idea. I just can't wait 2-4 weeks before I get the game and HK$ cards are cheaper than Yen cards :p Why didn't I think about this sooner...

tO BE fair we didn't even THINK there'd be a digital ver. seeing how Japan seem to favour retail more.

tO BE fair we didn't even THINK there'd be a digital ver. seeing how Japan seem to favour retail more.

I expected a Japanese digital edition but I didn't consider that there would be a HK edition. Seeing how they also get Kira for free, it's a no brainer. The only plus side of a physical Japanese copy is that you can resell it (which I never do) and that you can put it on a shelf :p

Leezard

Where did you buy your HK cards? I'm thinking about the HK store as well.

Leezard

I didn't buy them yet, I'm waiting to see if Play-Asia can still cancel my order. If it's too late I'll still get the physical Japanese version.

I see. Did you have a site in mind where you were going to buy the cards? I've searched around a bit, but I'm unsure whether I can trust some sites that email codes.

Top Bottom