• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The real megaton here is the presence of Secret Factors equivalents in the Story Mode.
They were the best part of the Capcom games.

The real megaton here is the presence of Secret Factors equivalents in the Story Mode.
They were the best part of the Capcom games.

Snap! That's awesome, I loved doing those. I was super proud of myself for being able to nearly go through all of Super Story Mode without missing any of them.

How long will it take for Play-Asia to send those codes? I really wanna have it downloaded that day so I can throw up a review or something.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Snap! That's awesome, I loved doing those. I was super proud of myself for being able to nearly go through all of Super Story Mode without missing any of them.
Did anyone ever figure out what exactly unlocked the Secret Factor in the
Lovers
stage? Was it truly random? I got it (twice!), still no idea how.

Wait.

I GOT IT

WHY DON'T WE BUY THE HONG KONG VERSION WHEN IT COMES UP AS DIGITAL!?

DAMN, WE'D ONLY HAVE TO PAY 60 BUCKS FOR IT

No Kira tho.

BSrpd5QCEAADlI8.jpg:large

:O

Excellent. What's the history on dlc for the HK store, do they usually get all dlc available in japan, and if they do, at around the same time?

Usually around the same time IIRC. I was just on the store and it seemed like they were getting the Gundam Breaker stuff on time.

Beckx

Is it confirmed that the characters are locked for ALL modes, and not just story? P4A story mode starts locked, but everyone is available in versus. I'm cool with that.

As long as unlock conditions aren't like Shin Akuma. (Reminds me that I need to research how to get a unlocked save onto my VMU....)

----

Edit: dear self. Please stop considering buying both physical and digital. That's not the sign of a sane person.

Beckx

Thinking about this for a button layout:

top row: light, medium, hard
bottom row: style, taunt, dodge

Alternate:

top: light, medium, taunt
bottom: style, hard, dodge

Advantage to the alternative scheme is that I'm used to it from TvC (partner button instead of style), but there's no real rationale to taunt/dodge placement. Puttstun Cancels and GHAs are easier on the top scheme.

Note I'm assuming there's a full button config. With taunt on select there'd better be.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
are taunt and dodge really separate buttons and not any combination of other buttons?

Beckx

Well I wouldn't put taunt as one of my face buttons

I'm probably gonna do

L - M - H
D - null -S

I thought about the GG layout too. Given how taunts work (draining meter from opponent, building Joseph's ripple level, etc.) I want easier access to it.

Has anyone preordered from Nippon Yasan?

I haven't heard a thing from them, since I preordered weeks ago.

Check the Mega CAVE thread. I think someone used them to order SDOJ and had a rather bad experience. But I could be mistaken.

dan2026

Check the Mega CAVE thread. I think someone used them to order SDOJ and had a rather bad experience. But I could be mistaken.

Ugh great, first time I have ever ordered from then.

In fact its the first time I have imported a game from Japan in ages.
This better not fuck up somehow.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I thought about the GG layout too. Given how taunts work (draining meter from opponent, building Joseph's ripple level, etc.) I want easier access to it.

The meter they drain seems so negligible. I think the taunt system is definitely more fanservice than anything

I guess it's important for Joseph though

Tizoc

Well amiability has set my order status to 'processing shipping'. Game will got my uk armed account before arriving to mi country. The wait will be painful but seeing as the game will be more than 6 gb....eh it'll be worth it. Also dat badass cover art~

Tusk

Ugh great, first time I have ever ordered from then.

In fact its the first time I have imported a game from Japan in ages.
This better not fuck up somehow.

I ordered from them aswell, and this is my first time ordering from the site. Haven't heard anything either.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Game doesn't officially come out until the 29th

I haven't heard anything from CDJapan either where I ordered, but I figure there's nothing to worry about until there has been no action taken on the actual release date

Beckx

Well, I went back to the Mega CAVE thread and...yeah. Nothing good said about Nippon Yasan there. LiK had a terrible experience getting SDOJ and other people chimed in that they'd had bad experiences as well. Seems the trade off is low prices in exchange for extended shipping delays & sometimes having harder to find items canceled.

Hope it goes well for you guys.

Not the focus of their marketing. They're not selling this game to fighting game fans
whynotboth.jpg

One video with decent players could've garnered a lot more interest from fighting game fans, especially since Jojo's is offering something really fresh in terms of gameplay (2d gameplay on a 3d plane). Unless that one video would have immediately made most or all Jojo fans want to cancel their preorders.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So is there really a chance that there won't be a button config?

Why do people think there won't be a button config?

whynotboth.jpg

One video with decent players could've garnered a lot more interest from fighting game fans, especially since Jojo's is offering something really fresh in terms of gameplay (2d gameplay on a 3d plane).

I think it being a Jojo fighting game is enough to get the attention of alot of fighting game players in japan. Who will play it and figure this stuff out on their own.

Unless you meant in the west, where the game is not being sold to us

Unless that one video would have immediately made most or all Jojo fans want to cancel their preorders

Well to be fair overly technical fighting games are pretty discouraging to casual players so they probably did want to avoid the game coming across as such in the advertising.

Beckx

whynotboth.jpg

One video with decent players could've garnered a lot more interest from fighting game fans, especially since Jojo's is offering something really fresh in terms of gameplay (2d gameplay on a 3d plane). Unless that one video would have immediately made most or all Jojo fans want to cancel their preorders.

Would this really help them sell more in Japan?

Why do people think there won't be a button config?

He's reading too much into my statement that I was assuming it would be there, and that it would be annoying if it's not.

Would this really help them sell more in Japan?
I don't see how it could have hurt in any way if the taunts and poses would still be there. They made this game more like a traditional fighter than the Naruto games for a reason and I somehow doubt there aren't some potential Japanese buyers that don't think "lolCC2", but what do I know?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see how it could have hurt in any way if the taunts and poses would still be there. They made this game more like a traditional fighter than the Naruto games for a reason and I somehow doubt there aren't some potential Japanese buyers that don't think "lolCC2", but what do I know?

It's a Jojo fighting game.... in Japan.

Please understand

They'd be paying two people to learn the game to put on a show to convince like one guy on the fence about it because lol30fps

Top Bottom