• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Should I buy this game?

I don't know anything about Jojo (I heard the name many years ago in Jojo's bizarre adventure) but I know nothing about it other than the fact that the 2D art at the time was very good.

I love 1v1 fighting games à la SF4 (assists and tags make things too crazy for my simple brain)

I LOVE over the top humor and foolishness.

I LOVE the game's art style and the gameplay videos look awesome.

However, I don't play fighting games solo, I play them online and if I have to import this game, who am I going to play it with online?

I also no anderstan japones.

Please help me decide, GAF.
The manga is amazing, so I'd suggest you to check it out. It just never stops getting crazier.

The first two parts had a recent anime, which could be a good starting point. If you don't like anime, please let me say - for what it's worth - I really don't either, and JoJo is the only one I've watched in the past ten years.

mcmmaster

So has anyone figured out how to unlock/change costumes (not colors) for the characters, there not in the in-game shop to buy and I've already beaten story. Really hope unlocking them hasn't got anything to do with campaign because I find that mode hella confusing

Damn, this game isn't going over well with amazon. I do agree with the story mode and DLC complaints though.

Have to unfortunately agree that the story mode is ass, especially after playing Golden Wind on PS2. CC2 does good enough with that on Naruto, what was the problem here?

I have to blame Namco Bandai for some of these decisions.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty shocking that the Story Mode is so bare bones when their target audience was the casual market to begin with. I mean that's what these people probably paid for this game for.

Doesn't really have an effect on me personally though. I'm kinda glad they actually decided to include some of the cut scenes like Johnny and Gyro's GHA vs Valentine in the actual game instead of using them as story mode cut scenes.

Shito

Sooooo... Jojo's online is quite bad.
Granted, I'm a european playing with japanese people but... There is about 1 (one (ONE)) second of lag on inputs; it's... yeah, I'm not going to play that online. :/

Jenga

Banned
Granted, I'm a european playing with japanese people but... There is about 1 (one (ONE)) second of lag on inputs; it's... yeah, I'm not going to play that online. :/
maybe you should move to japan

or play with EUs

For online, can you set up lobbies or anything like that, or is it completely random?

NEO0MJ

Just devide them in 2 tiers based on whether they have an infinite or not.

Having an infinite isn't enough, though not having one does hurt a character's ranking.

Damn, this game isn't going over well with amazon. I do agree with the story mode and DLC complaints though.

http://translate.google.com/transla...azon.co.jp/product-reviews/B00BHAF688&act=url

That sucks. I really hope the gameplay is solid. What do the people here who have it think of the game?

Beckx

The only thing that could make Part IV better is for the Invincible Trio to finish their translations. I couldn't put it down. Even the "fun/slow" stories were great.

Which is fine by me, I can't read Japanese. I'm quite damn pleased with how the game turned out...
Same here. I couldn't care less about the story in any fighting game. But Namco needs to bite the bullet and accept that they're going to have to give people detailed story modes or they'll continue to get undeserved low scores on their fighting games. After a decade+ of giving the casuals these features and using licensed properties it's what's expected.

Same here. I couldn't care less about the story in any fighting game. But Namco needs to bite the bullet and accept that they're going to have to give people detailed story modes or they'll continue to get undeserved low scores on their fighting games. After a decade+ of giving the casuals these features and using licensed properties it's what's expected.

As an example of better Jojo storytelling: ***PART 5 SPOILERS*** In Japanese, but still lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ZTl1auAds

This is from the PS2 Capcom Jojo game Golden Wind. Basically a boss fight collection, but it has scenes like this. I think if they had something like these in the story mode in this game, it would have at least had better presentation. The character drought adversely affecting story mode is a problem too.

Peff

The problem is that the game is too ambitious :p It's completely unrealistic to expect a 7-part, Naruto-like story mode for a first game when they have to build 30+ characters, each of which is far more complex to animate and model than Naruto's. The sequel will probably have actual cutscenes and crazy boss battles.

How long P-A take to fulfil digital point card orders? I've been waiting for an hour already.

If you don't get it fairly soon, they might be "out." I ordered one a few weeks ago and didn't get the code until a few days later, and when I emailed CS they said they were out at the time. I did, however order one last night and had the code literally instantly.

It's 4-5 AM in Hong Kong atm.

That too.

If you don't get it fairly soon, they might be "out." I ordered one a few weeks ago and didn't get the code until a few days later, and when I emailed CS they said they were out at the time. I did, however order one last night and had the code literally instantly.

That too.

I knew I should have ordered them last night.

Jenga

Banned
The problem is that the game is too ambitious :p It's completely unrealistic to expect a 7-part, Naruto-like story mode for a first game when they have to build 30+ characters, each of which is far more complex to animate and model than Naruto's. The sequel will probably have actual cutscenes and crazy boss battles.

The game got like, 500,000 preorders didn't it? A sequel is guaranteed.

Beckx

Is any of the music from the new show in the game (especially Bloody Stream)?

Best thing about Gundam EXVS is hearing classic themes from the shows. Char's Counterattack theme the best.

Shouta

Goddamn, this is turning out to be Namco-bandai's SFxT from reading the Amazon reviews, basically lol. Everything surrounding it is a clusterfuck of moneygrabbing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Goddamn, this is turning out to be Namco-bandai's SFxT from reading the Amazon reviews, basically lol. Everything surrounding it is a clusterfuck of moneygrabbing.

Yeah, I've been hearing that the reviews consist a lot of people complaining about DLC among other things.
I wonder how sales are going to be. I don't think it'll hurt it that much.

Top Bottom