• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

geebee

Banned
You guys expecting a serious fighter have got it all wrong. I'm pretty sure even Cyber Connect 2 have come out before saying that this game would not play like a traditional fighter or have the depth of one.

However, if you are a fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and not expecting a deep game, you will enjoy this game and find it entertaining.

You have to realize that while this is a one-on-one fighting game, it's still developed by Cyber Connect 2 who has always been known for their high quality graphics and animations rather than gameplay.

Another case of style over substance which is perfectly fine with me since I'm a fan of Jojo and am having a blast with the game thus far(purchased from HK PS Store).

Shito

It's conjecture based off people messing around with impractical shit and posting it on youtube.
Nope, it's me playing the game and not finding it very fun / having a lot of depth.
It could change, though, I do agree with that, and I really hope it will. But my first impression of it is pretty grim.

NEO0MJ

You guys expecting a serious fighter have got it all wrong. I'm pretty sure even Cyber Connect 2 have come out before saying that this game would not play like a traditional fighter or have the depth of one.

No body was expecting the next Tekken or Street Fighter
or Super Smash Bros Melee
, CC2 made that much obvious several times before launch, but like I said before we were hoping for something that wouldn't bore us. From what I'm reading this is shaping up to be SSBB, without the insane amount of SP content.

Madao

i'm not into serious competitive fighting gaming so these complaints don't do much for me.

(i enjoyed the Bleach Versus Crusade game for Wii. was that game considered decent or bad by fighting game standards?)

where can i go to download video's of footage for this game? mp4 format if possible?

edit:
250px-Luka.jpg

Gy' z?
Plz

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
btw, this OST is fucking badass you guys
Just made it to Part 4 music & hot damn, I would gladly import an OST if it got released on CD to listen to while driving around.

Any video showing off all the taunts yet?

squall23

Yeah, it's more than just DLC characters. Folks are blasting the single-player content for this badly. There's like a Stamina system for campaign and junk or so?
The one big thing I noticed was how the friggin' trailers of the game had cutscenes but the actual game doesn't.

The one big thing I noticed was how the friggin' trailers of the game had cutscenes but the actual game doesn't.

They do, they're all in game during the battles.

For example, Gyro/Johnny's GHA vs Valentine with Love Train makes the super play a recreation of what happened in the manga.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
For example, Gyro/Johnny's GHA vs Valentine with Love Train makes the super play a recreation of what happened in the manga.

I don't think he even has to have Love Train.

Alot of the stuff was situation finishes too. Like the Kira and Dio part 1 Finishers.

The Jotaro and Dio one is from Dio's super. Jotaro can spend I think a bar to reduce the damage and trigger that cutscene.

Anyways some more interesting(and practical) combo vidoes are surfacing.

Buccellati

Dio

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
much more interesting than LMH x Special x Puttssun like some people suggested

People just lacking creativity and blaming the game

I don't get the damage complaints either. Damage right now seems fine in proportion to meter spent.

I don't think he even has to have Love Train.

Alot of the stuff was situation finishes too. Like the Kira and Dio part 1 Finishers.

The Jotaro and Dio one is from Dio's super. Jotaro can spend I think a bar to reduce the damage and trigger that cutscene.

Anyways some more interesting(and practical) combo vidoes are surfacing.

Buccellati

Dio

Nice find!

I haven't seen it listed anywhere, but does this game have tandem combos like the CPS3 game? That should open up a lot of combo/pressure routes.

Ill Saint

Gone though a bunch of the story modes to unlock various characters. Already been mentioned, but the story mode really is quite simplistic and will be a disappointment to anyone with hopes of having the stories recreated.

When it comes to VS fighting games, I prefer old school Street Fighter 2 style. I'm no good at the crazy fast technical stuff, so mechanics here suit me pretty well. They are quite simple, though. I'm not the best to judge, but it seems to me it doesn't more complicated than basic strings into special.

Ultimately, the big draw here is to see so many JoJo characters brought to life. They are all beautifully and imaginatively represented. So, I reckon anyone looking for anything other than massive fan service where characters are concerned will be disappointed.

Can't speak about the other mode yet, with the free-to-play mechanic. It's not easy navigating through stuff when you can't read Japanese.

Beckx

I haven't seen it listed anywhere, but does this game have tandem combos like the CPS3 game? That should open up a lot of combo/pressure routes.

Simpler, but yes:

"Stand Rush: Select attacks in a character's repertoire will be marked as a "Stand Rush capable" special moves. What this means is you can press the Style Button while one of these moves is active to "un-link" from your stand as long as the attack is going. You can act as you will while your Stand is attacking. This can potentially be used for good mixups and setups. Cost some Heart Heat to activate. You can see Jotaro has two such moves in his movelist."

jgminto

Ah sweet, mine is packing too. Even though some of the news about the game has been disappointing, I'm still super excited to play the game and the "bizarre" move designs look really cool, even if it ends up sucking from a competitive perspective.

Simpler, but yes:

"Stand Rush: Select attacks in a character's repertoire will be marked as a "Stand Rush capable" special moves. What this means is you can press the Style Button while one of these moves is active to "un-link" from your stand as long as the attack is going. You can act as you will while your Stand is attacking. This can potentially be used for good mixups and setups. Cost some Heart Heat to activate. You can see Jotaro has two such moves in his movelist."

Oh cool, sounds like the CPS3 game only now it uses meter.

Watched a bit of Brett's stream and it looks real fun. Dio looks great

The real issue is that they marketed for the casual Jojo gamer, and didn't leave a robust enough story mode to actually please them. Instead we get a fighting game that doesn't please casual players, and is panned by FGC gamers because they're picky as shit anyway.

In a few weeks we'll see a genuine competitive game emerge, or we'll see a game that doesn't please either crowd and will either be dropped or be patched as much as MK.
People are being picky because the game looks like ass, gamers are getting the game now and seeing that the slow poke gameplay is actually by design.
This game is getting dropped like a bag of rocks, or like the ps2 game.

weevles

Got shipping notice from PlayAsia.

Used their Free Shipping.

Will be playing in about a month and a half or so. :p

Tusk

Nippon just shipped my CE a few hours ago, apparently it'll be here wednesday. x.x Oh well, atleast I'm getting it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How does Iggy work with regards to hitboxes?

Does he just have a deceptively tell one for balance sake?

In Heritage his hitbox was extremely small and extremely fast with Stand off, but his normals and specials weren't that good.

With Stand on his hit box was the size of a normal character, but he has much better options as a character.

So Iggy was all about switching between the two during the match.

Yaay, finally bought ASB on the HK store! Play-asia sent me a PSN card code with 13 characters instead of 12 though... Had to leave them out one by one to see which one didn't belong ffs... Ugh, whatever, at least the code was valid eventually.

hornetpie

Neo Member
you guys know you can buy this on JP psn right? i just did it

is there a guide somewhere in english like a very basic guide at all? just wondering. Playing it just fine but would like to see something if its around

I just played this for 2 hours with my brother just trying out some characters. The amount of fanservice in this game is unbelievable. They even use "YES! YES! YES!" as option when they ask you to confirm something.

you guys know you can buy this on JP psn right? i just did it

is there a guide somewhere in english like a very basic guide at all? just wondering. Playing it just fine but would like to see something if its around

This fansite explains all the basics, modes, controlls, etc. and will be further updated.

Top Bottom