• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

JKTrix

I have an affinity for dark-skinned characters with light-coloured hair, so I think I'll try to learn Pucci. I have a decent BnB combo with him already that does pretty well, though I've been killing people in Campaign mode before I can even get halfway to the Stand transformation.

Finished the 'Story' to unlock everyone, haven't done any of the 'EX' stories or tried too hard to get secret missions.

So I need to download the 1st campaign pack from the PSN store in order to play online? Can this be done through ingame or do I need to go to the PSN store to do that?

So I need to download the 1st campaign pack from the PSN store in order to play online? Can this be done through ingame or do I need to go to the PSN store to do that?

You online need that campaign pack to play campaign mode, the online mode works without it. You can find the free Campaign pack on the Japanese store or HK store (based on which copy of the game you got).

Shito

Still not really convinced about the game, but I quite like Hermes.
Found a nice cross-up setup with her in training, involving stand rush: (j.H) LMH xx 236H xx Stand Rush xx j.L xx LMH xx whatever.
You must hit the button quite late on the j.L to allow the following hits to combo; you can also just empty jump and go low for a mix-up.

A shame I can't test it playing against real people. :(

azurite

Neo Member
Wish I could get this, the footage looks fantastic! Is there a demo on the JP PSN store?

I'm really curious to see Jo2uke's gameplay. Would be really interesting to what type of moves they give to Soft and Wet =D

Finalow

It's always some lines explaining very briefly what happened in the story, followed by a fight. The fights always take place in the same location though so it doesn't even fit with the story of the manga. If you're playing this for the JoJo story, don't bother and read the manga. I've noticed a sort of JoJo trivia thing in the collectibles menu, but it's all in Japanese so I have no idea what it says.
it's quite the opposite, I want to play this game 'cause I've read the manga. I just asked since I'd like to read (again) some story between fights, but I guess I won't miss much even if I play it in japanese.

it's quite the opposite, I want to play this game 'cause I've read the manga. I just asked since I'd like to read (again) some story between fights, but I guess I won't miss much even if I play it in japanese.

Nope, story mode is basically a very short summary of each part.

You online need that campaign pack to play campaign mode, the online mode works without it. You can find the free Campaign pack on the Japanese store or HK store (based on which copy of the game you got).

Really? Cause I clicked on Versus and then the second option and a bunch of text popped up including PLAYSTATION STORE and then it took me back to the main menu. That being said, I was on my US account as opposed to my Japanese account.

edit: Ah. The problem was I wasn't logged in to the Japanese account when I started the game. This time. I got a prompt to download a 171 MB package. My bad and thanks for the help.

Really? Cause I clicked on Versus and then the second option and a bunch of text popped up including PLAYSTATION STORE and then it took me back to the main menu. That being said, I was on my US account as opposed to my Japanese account.
Yes, you need the campaign pack to play both campaign and online. It acts as a compatibility pack and allows you to fight against players that own Kira and Shigechi,

The wait is killing meeee. I want to play already, and get a handle of all my characters now!

Edit: Who do you guys use? I'm curious to know how spread out things are, in character selection.

Rhapsody

Banned
Decided to pass on the game unfortunately, but played a lot at a friend's house. It was fun enjoying the fanservice and button mashing.
Not the type of game I'd put time in playing at home, but it was fun playing with a Jojo fan.

The wait is killing meeee. I want to play already, and get a handle of all my characters now!

Edit: Who do you guys use? I'm curious to know how spread out things are, in character selection.
I still haven't chosen mains yet but I'm pretty good with Caesar and DIO. Polnareff and Wham are cool as well.

Tizoc

Will listen to those tracks when I get back home, been waiting for the whole set to be up.

so uh...

How do I redeem this code? Don't know how to navigate my way around the Japanese PSN store.

edit: nm got it

thanks!

I know I'm late but you could've also used this
sonyentertainmentnetwork.com
Log into your JPN account, it uses the exact same design for the english sites, redeem the code and then grab it from the download manager via your PS3.

My copy is in Chicago

Please be here by tuesday

MINE HAS BEEN IN TOKYO FOR 4 DAYS ALREADY! T^T

Jenga

Banned
If I could speak directly to CC2, I'd request to make easy beat optional. It's my biggest complaint, feels weird to rush in and try to pressure but then only to remember that 2a works...
If we could have a workable 5a jab pressure, i'm sure we'd get less people whining about it.

Fun game otherwise (outside of dumb infinites lol)

I still haven't chosen mains yet but I'm pretty good with Caesar and DIO. Polnareff and Wham are cool as well.

Nice, honestly for some reason, I felt nobody would use part 1 or 2 characters. With some of part 3. :p

I enjoy using Josuke (Jojolion) and Jolyne

How is Jo2uke? I haven't seen much of what he could in the game.

I plan on using Jotaro, Rohan, Diavolo, Jolyne and
Vanilla Ice.

sub_o

How is Jo2uke? I haven't seen much of what he could in the game.

I plan on using Jotaro, Rohan, Diavolo, Jolyne and
Vanilla Ice.

Jo2uke is not the strongest fighter. For comparison Dio's HHA causes 180 damage, and his GHA causes 290 damage. While Jo2uke's causes 130 and 280 damages respectively.

But Jo2uke's moves are more bizarre, from spinning on the floor attack to lathering himself with bubbles to create temp shield. Plus one of his taunts is this:

screenshot2013-09-01a0wse4.png

sub_o

To anyone who's playing this game, how are Valentine and Diavolo? Are they fun to use?

They don't seem to be for beginners. Valentine's HHA (Dojyaaaaaaan) is a counter, and his GHA is a slow unblockable. While Diavolo's HHA is auto evade and GHA is a counter.

Both of their moves seem to be more evasive (hiding under flag, disappearing act, etc) than others.

PS: I'm not really good in fighting games

Astarte

They don't seem to be for beginners. Valentine's HHA (Dojyaaaaaaan) is a counter, and his GHA is a slow unblockable. While Diavolo's HHA is auto evade and GHA is a counter.

Both of their moves seem to be more evasive (hiding under flag, disappearing act, etc) than others.

PS: I'm not really good in fighting games

If I can understand King Crimson and use AMERICA as an attack, I'm good to go!

Jo2uke is not the strongest fighter. For comparison Dio's HHA causes 180 damage, and his GHA causes 290 damage. While Jo2uke's causes 130 and 280 damages respectively.

But Jo2uke's moves are more bizarre, from spinning on the floor attack to lathering himself with bubbles to create temp shield. Plus one of his taunts is this:

screenshot2013-09-01a0wse4.png

Hmm. His HHA seems pretty low, how exactly is the attack for it? And his GHA is just 10 below from Dio, which isn't too bad. But then again I haven't played the game yet to fully understand it.

So he's spitting out food? I thought it was blood. o_O

Tizoc

Ugh I hate counter supers, I want to DYOJAN! fools and get them busted by 3 Valentines =( why do I gotta have it triggered? Would've been better if it were a grab super IMO.

sub_o

See I figured there was something to it, on why it was low. But thats thats nice to get that confirmation in.

I've never managed to follow up his HHA. Anyway, that's not blood, but honey mixed with soybean, sesame seeds and cream. You eat it with your molars.

I've never managed to follow up his HHA. Anyway, that's not blood, but honey mixed with soybean, sesame seeds and cream. You eat it with your molars.

Ah, really? Hmm. Stuff like this makes me wish I had the game already, to test out a lot of things.

Something tells me that i'll try it out one day. But thanks for the info.! :p

I'm mainly using Giorno and Jolyne atm, but I'm planning on trying out Pucci once I unlock him.

Jenga

Banned
For anyone using PB Dio, his gameplay seems to rely a ton on his rekka, be sure to save the meter for cancels. He's pretty much looking like a meter/focus whore atm. Without meter you're stuck playing very carefully. HHA is good as an all-round super, his GHA is a good swag matcher ender I guess.

JKTrix

Think I've gotten a good handle on Pucci, though I don't understand one of C-MOON's special effects. For 'notation' I've been using 'A' to stand for any attack, don't know if there are proper ones yet.
CM's 236A and 214A are both slow unblockables. One is a punch, the other is a fisted bear hug. When they hit, the enemy character has a weird effect coming out of their belly for a few seconds afterwards. I haven't been able to figure out what that effect is, if anyone has a clue.

Jenga

Banned
Think I've gotten a good handle on Pucci, though I don't understand one of C-MOON's special effects. For 'notation' I've been using 'A' to stand for any attack, don't know if there are proper ones yet.
CM's 236A and 214A are both slow unblockables. One is a punch, the other is a fisted bear hug. When they hit, the enemy character has a weird effect coming out of their belly for a few seconds afterwards. I haven't been able to figure out what that effect is, if anyone has a clue.
in the manga c-moon turns people inside out from just touching them, it's essentially an instant kill for most

they translated that by having it being a small over time hp poison effect

or maybe you're talking about something else, but if not it's probably this

Leezard

I don't know the effect in the game, but the manga reason is that what C-Moon hits is turned inside out.

edit: beaten. hard.

I'd probably wouldn't want White Snake to transform in C-Moon, since it's the most ugly, disturbing looking stand in excistence.
Except maybe for King Crimson...

NEO0MJ

I'd probably wouldn't want White Snake to transform in C-Moon, since it's the most ugly, disturbing looking stand in excistence.
Except maybe for King Crimson...

Whaaa? King Crimson is amazing. The two faced design is genius. Plus I love how grumpy it looks.

For those that have the game, how's Wham?

Top Bottom