• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Shito

I think I'll let the netcode be the deciding factor. How is it?
Extremely bad when playing someone not from your country / continent. :(
And let me tell you you won't find a lot of people having imported it, so unless you have some friends to play with, don't buy it thinking you'll easily play people online.

Jenga

Banned
And let me tell you you won't find a lot of people having imported it, so unless you have some friends to play with, don't buy it thinking you'll easily play people online.
or he could add people from here when the rest of us get the copy tomorrow nii chan~ :3

Tizoc

Apparently my copy already shipped from Tokyo, I'm crossing my fingers that it reaches my UK Aramex account and then it'd be sent to mi country by the end of the week XO

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
A friend of mine is having issues running the game at a decent resolution. It seems to default at 576i on his TV (LG HDTV) regardless of the video options he set on his console. He's using component on a PAL phat PS3, and he says he gets HD resolutions on every other game he owns.

What's the actual resolution of this game? It seems to run fine at 720p on my TV (through HDMI, which he can't use as his console's HDMI port is busted).

EDIT: never mind, disabling every other resolution except 720p on the PS3 did the trick.

Shouta

Because of FFXIV, I haven't actually played my copy too much yet. I'm going to pretty soon though. Big maint tomorrow so I can stream as well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
At first I thought Kakyoin was a bit stiff, but now that I got a better handle on his moveset he's a ton of fun. Now I need to figure out how his combos/juggles work, as I was noticing various followups to certain stuff.

By the way, those tentacle spheres being guaranteed on startup is great.

Reknoc

Played some last night, though didn't really do much. Dicked around in training while I sorted my controls out, ended up getting a bunch of trophies for that. Did part 1 and some of part 2' story mode and man that is a shit mode. Hate story modes that are just "fight this dude while the opponent is buffed/you're debuffed" the Cesar fight was painful.

It has the character count of a game a few sequels along but definitely feels like a first game in terms of features.

Gee, that doesn't bode well for me being in Australia.

Oh well, my copy should arrive tomorrow or the day after so I can find out for myself.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

OUR LOCAL GAME SHOP HAS JOJO ASB FOR SALE FOR AN EQUIVALENT OF 68 USD

ireYz7grzvIn4.gif

Tizoc

Wut, he's like the underrated starter :p

I think you're referring to Fennekin.

Also Iggy won't come til mid September anyway.

That's when I expect to get the game~
...and i'VE been seeing that green hedgehoggy midget in many avatars on GAF for the past months =V

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hopefully I can produce something this week.

That's when I expect to get the game~
...and i'VE been seeing that green hedgehoggy midget in many avatars on GAF for the past months =V

I think you're just seeing me and some few :p

What? As we saw from the poll Fennekin was only popular at the start, Chespin overtook him in popularity pretty fast. I think ever Froakie beat Fennekin in the end.

Actually it was Froakie who was winning first, then Fennekin slightly beat it. Chespin had always been last
because EatChildren ate its votes

Tusk

So, my CE came today. ;~; Omggg. I'm so happy. I had the most amazing feeling when I opened the box. Like, right when I opened it, a reeaalllyy strong smell of like.. super sweet apples came out of the box, and omg. It smelled so good.

Here's a pic. http://prntscr.com/1p3mq7

Peff

Shigechi is really annoying to fight against, why does he keep popping up in Campaign Mode :(? Some characters have really interesting movesets, though I'm not sure if GER is supposed to be usable in an actual fight.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How much are they anyway, and what values do the PSN JP cards have?

all DLC characters are about 300 yen until the 22nd I believe

So I got a 1000 yen card off play-asia for about 18 bucks and hope to get all 3 with that

Shigechi is really annoying to fight against, why does he keep popping up in Campaign Mode :(? Some characters have really interesting movesets, though I'm not sure if GER is supposed to be usable in an actual fight.

He's popping up because a lot of people are trying him out-the non boss people you fight are player ghosts.

GER would be a bit too crazy without those limitations lol-mostly for styling.

Peff

He's popping up because a lot of people are trying him out-the non boss people you fight are player ghosts.

GER would be a bit too crazy without those limitations lol-mostly for styling.

Better get those costumes before it becomes a Shigechiggy fest next week then, haha.

Chairhome

Okay, I think I'm ready to get this off of the HK PSN store, that's the cheapest, right?
Planning on getting a code from cardcodes.com, create an HK PSN account (anyone have a good tutorial on this? I saw one on youtube), and downloading tonight. I'm excited :-D

Shouta

While my weekend was mostly FFXIV, I did play a little bit of the game.

I think my biggest complaint aside from the obvious dumb mode decisions is that the game feels like it has too much recovery on things and I can't do stuff like links and the like. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of move properties either for custom combos without having to spend meter. Jonathan seemed to have the most flexibility in that area with his EX Hamon moves providing some different properties which seemed kind of cool but the the rest of the cast needs a bit more.

Also, the walkspeed is so slow, lol.

While my weekend was mostly FFXIV, I did play a little bit of the game.

I think my biggest complaint aside from the obvious dumb mode decisions is that the game feels like it has too much recovery on things and I can't do stuff like links and the like. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of move properties either for custom combos without having to spend meter. Jonathan seemed to have the most flexibility in that area with his EX Hamon moves providing some different properties which seemed kind of cool but the the rest of the cast needs a bit more.

Also, the walkspeed is so slow, lol.

I'll be on tonight too thanks to FF maintenance.

For anyone interested, PSN is tenalp30, and I'm on the US west coast with decent internet
(no skill guarantees lol)

Is there any sort of translation guide or anything? Curious as to some of the menus. And if supers are 2 and 3 buttons, how do you do EX moves?

stn

When does this came to North America? Never played any of the older games before but I'm generally interested in almost every fighter.

Is there any sort of translation guide or anything? Curious as to some of the menus. And if supers are 2 and 3 buttons, how do you do EX moves?

As far as I know, only hamon users have ex moves, and those are done with the Style button (R1 by default). HHAs can be done with R2, and GHAs can be done with L1.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah long recovery times seems to be the game's biggest problem. It seems like everything in the game is negative on block and alot of the ground loops and infinites are the result of characters being put in too much hitstun from things like jabs and other relatively fast moves.

Shouta

Yeah, like I can barely do anything off Jonathan's EX ORAs because the recovery is so bad. The best I could do requires bar and doesn't do particularly good damage.

My game finally arrived! Too bad I work today...

Hopefully my converter for my stick comes in soon too. I haven't played on pad in a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When does this came to North America? Never played any of the older games before but I'm generally interested in almost every fighter.
There's SUPPOSE to be an EU version from what I understand, but otherwise, there is no US version announced.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, like I can barely do anything off Jonathan's EX ORAs because the recovery is so bad. The best I could do requires bar and doesn't do particularly good damage.

Well at least they recognize there's a problem and are patching it.

but I mean if they couldn't even pick up on these things during playtesting I'm not sure how optimistic I am that the patch will make it a better game.

I'll probably play this for a bit until Wonderful 101 drops, and probably a bit more after that, but as one of the people who was probably the most optimistic about this game pre-release I'm pretty disappointed with the final product...

I still think the game has some really cool ideas that did turn out to be really really fun, but CC2 is obviously really inexperienced at making this kind of fighting game. (Which to be fair, is really really hard. Especially with a cast this large based on a pre-existing source material no)

Top Bottom