• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Astarte

I'd probably wouldn't want White Snake to transform in C-Moon, since it's the most ugly, disturbing looking stand in excistence.
Except maybe for King Crimson...

Woah man, talking shit about King Crimson is a one way road to the graveyard.
Also the ugliest stand is the High Priestess

I'd probably wouldn't want White Snake to transform in C-Moon, since it's the most ugly, disturbing looking stand in excistence.

Those two are probably my favorites along with Soft & Wet lol

My copy's in New York. Hopefully it comes Tuesday.

Woah man, talking shit about King Crimson is a one way road to the graveyard.
Also the ugliest stand is the High Priestess

You can not seriously think this looks good?
KinguCrimson.jpg

That second face stares into my soul...

JKTrix

By time I have enough points to get CMoon, I pretty much have more than enough meter to go straight to Made In Heaven. So there's that option!

Thanks for the tips on CM's status effect, it is indeed poison.

JKTrix

How powerful is made in heaven?
If you haven't seen footage, Made In Heaven changes the stage background and makes the opponent move in slow motion. Moves that normally wouldn't combo in 'regular time' now combo in slow motion mode, since there is more hitstun. The 'balance' seems to be that Pucci can only do a combo with 7 hits before you can't hit them anymore, but it can basically be 7 hits of any available move due to the prolonged hitstun.

So, 7 of his 'Hadoken' discs, 7 jumping heavy attacks, etc. If one hits, it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll all connect. He can also teleport around, though Pucci can't attack directly out of a teleport--his feet have to hit the ground first. If you're dextrous enough you can use it in combos to cross up and just be stylish.

MIH mode basically just seems to be a stylish way to end the game. Especially if the opponent is still under the effects of White Snake's 'Silence' status effect, I can see it being extremely annoying for the other guy. There are probably ways for other characters with time abilities to mitigate the effects, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

Edit, to clarify, especially if one hasn't seen it: You access Pucci's Made In Heaven Stand by doing the GHA in CMoon Stand mode. You can only GHA when in CMoon mode. The GHA is not a direct attack (in fact it works best if you activate it when the opponent is far away or disabled--they can interrupt the transformation), but permanently changes the physics of the match as described above.

Urg, battery recharges in campaign mode now take 20 minutes instead of 5... I'll also be on a holiday for 2 weeks without internet, so I won't be able to play campaign mode anymore for a while :'-(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is campaign mode pretty easy to understand without reading japanese?

If its the only way to get costumes I want to do it I guess

Leezard

Well, pretty much. You can just press the top choice all the time, except when there are characters coming with special options, where you can choose if you want to spends charge and get some effect or to keep your charge.

Yeah, it's not that complicated. There are some translation guides for this mode and all it really comes down to is fighting normal CPUs and Boss CPU. Winning against a boss CPU depletes part of his health bar, and when you deplete the whole bar you unlock costumes and alt colors.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
He just wants people to understand him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W523iuR2J3c#t=152
King Crimson can escape combos with half a meter bar, that's pretty thug

Yep, and it's amazing. Did it a bunch to a buddy of mine two days ago, and it pissed him off to no end, lol

played this in versus with a RL friend tonight and it is so fucking fun. Phantom Blood Dio is a beast.

He's crazy awesome. I love playing with him. It's hard to ignore Diavolo and Giorno, though. Especially since Giorno gets Requiem as his GHA.

Edit, to clarify, especially if one hasn't seen it: You access Pucci's Made In Heaven Stand by doing the GHA in CMoon Stand mode. You can only GHA when in CMoon mode. The GHA is not a direct attack (in fact it works best if you activate it when the opponent is far away or disabled--they can interrupt the transformation), but permanently changes the physics of the match as described above.

This is how the GHAs work for Giorno and Cars as well.

Looks like ASB is a big killer queen bomb in japan, 30% price cut on amazon and 50% price cut on the first store.

Unfortunate, but unsurprising given the throwaway story mode. Even Phantom Blood (shudder) did better there.

Can't give Jojo fans a terrible story mode. The fighting itself is good though, so hopefully they make some improvements and come back strong instead of giving up on the license.

If the current Media Create thread is anything to go by, it's the top selling game of this recent week.

It should be, it's Jojo! I think the fact that they only showed CPU battles and none of the story mode made it easy to sell, and the gap between what people were hoping for and what they got are the cause of those Amazon 1-stars.

Astral

Someone stop me from buying this game. GTAV is out in about 2 weeks, I still haven't beaten Tales of Xillia (I'm actually playing it right now, wishing I was playing JoJo) and I may or may not get a 3DSXL + Pokemon Y. It annoys me that this game doesn't have a demo.

Tizoc

Someone stop me from buying this game. GTAV is out in about 2 weeks, I still haven't beaten Tales of Xillia (I'm actually playing it right now, wishing I was playing JoJo) and I may or may not get a 3DSXL + Pokemon Y. It annoys me that this game doesn't have a demo.

GTAV can wait, it'll sell millions whether you buy it or not, plus it's available for cheap from the links in a post above.
Not to sound anti-GTAV, it does have some cool stuff like the Online mode and the characters are quite interesting, but in the end...well it's only fair to leave it up to you, I'd say you'll get your enjoyment from either game.

Astral

GTAV can wait, it'll sell millions whether you buy it or not, plus it's available for cheap from the links in a post above.
Not to sound anti-GTAV, it does have some cool stuff like the Online mode and the characters are quite interesting, but in the end...well it's only fair to leave it up to you, I'd say you'll get your enjoyment from either game.

I'm getting GTAV regardless. What concerns me the most is having a backlog. With Xillia only half-way done and GTAV coming out soon, I'll be playing too many games at once. I found a place where I can get a HDK PSN card for 68 bucks, which is probably the cheapest I'll be able to get this game. I think I'll let the netcode be the deciding factor. How is it?

Top Bottom