• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

I always assumed they're essential for dealing with characters that need meter to "level up" (giorno, cars, pucci MiH)

It may slow them down a little, but the meter loss is really minor. One small combo gets you more than what is lost.
Also, is there a reliable way to go into GER with Giorno? It takes forever to transform and it looks like only NPCs are stupid enough to not attack...

GHAs take only two meter, right? If so, only way I can think that maybe works would be doing inmediately after using his normal HHA since it seems to leave them at a fullscreen distance.

But yeah, all transformations look too slow to be worth it most of the time.

GHAs take only two meter, right? If so, only way I can think that maybe works would be doing inmediately after using his normal HHA since it seems to leave them at a fullscreen distance.

I've noticed that when Giorno has almost no HP left, he has that yellow glow mode that gives him super armor. Maybe he can resist attacks than while transforming. I'll try it out when I have the chance, because I like playing with Giorno atm. It would be lame if his GHA was unusable...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just realized my order on AmiAmi was waiting for payment. Thought I already took care of that awhile back. So pissed!

Paid it last night, how long did it take for you guys to get your copies?

Just realized my order on AmiAmi was waiting for payment. Thought I already took care of that awhile back. So pissed!

Paid it last night, how long did it take for you guys to get your copies?
With EMS it took 2 days for me. I was very happy! Too bad it's labor day on Monday for those in the US. :(

andymcc

Banned
oh man, finally...

100a52ee11b311e38f4222000a1fb75e_7.jpg

now i am ticking down the clock at work.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Depends on the character. I think the best time to use them is after sending an opponent flying with a screen clearing move. Then there are some characters that can't do anything about it. I know Cars at least has a move like that.

but then there are some characters like Jolyne with fast full screen cutscene supers whom you're never going to get the transformation off against

Beckx

The composer from Asura's Wrath had to work on this, the opening theme had similar overtones to some of the Yasha levels. Great stuff.

My daughter says the game feels like it lags when you play (impact of the FPS). Did not expect to hear that, but she plays a lot Street Fighter. (She doesn't know about the frame rate).

I hate to say it but my impression is that this is not very much fun in versus...and maybe not in single. A number of reasons why.

Gundam EXVS this is not. :(

The composer from Asura's Wrath had to work on this, the opening theme had similar overtones to some of the Yasha levels. Great stuff.

My daughter says the game feels like it lags when you play (impact of the FPS). Did not expect to hear that, but she plays a lot Street Fighter. (She doesn't know about the frame rate).

I hate to say it but my impression is that this is not very much fun in versus...and maybe not in single. A number of reasons why.

20130502_88491.png

Don't give up! Once more people have it and some decent online matches can be had, I think it will become more enjoyable.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

i find myself agreeing. i tried to stay open minded about the 30fps thing for my love of jojo, but the latency just gives you this feeling of disconnect from your character really hurts it. on top of that, the DLC shenannigans with character announcements before the game was even out plus the datamining of new characters sucked the excitement out of the whole thing for me before i even got my hands on it. having to play through the laziest story mode of all time to unlock half the cast then pay for the other half is kind of sickening.

i'm having fun just messing around with characters and seeing all of their GHAs and taunts, but I can't see myself spending much time with it in the end. not when there are games like GGXXACPR and KOF13 sitting there, and that makes me sad :(

i'll keep playing though, hopefully once people start getting the hang of it it'll get more fun.

edit: the music kicks serious ass though. so good

Seems like nobody is really to fond of things, can't wait to get my hands on it in a few days. I'm definitely going to play the shit out of it, and learn everything I can on it.

Seems like nobody is really to fond of things, can't wait to get my hands on it in a few days. I'm definitely going to play the shit out of it, and learn everything I can on it.

I'm loving it so far, played it for hours with my brother. Only the story mode is disappointing, but I actually like the campaign mode.

Any fighter is fun with other people honestly. I have a feeling this is gonna be pretty fun online. I was never expecting a super competent fighter but I'm just happy with what I've seen so far!

I cannot wait for my copy to arrive. I have a feeling it's not coming till next week...

I'm having a blast with it, so not everyone!

Hah. Well at least someone is!

I'm loving it so far, played it for hours with my brother. Only the story mode is disappointing, but I actually like the campaign mode.

That's really great, its always also to have someone to play. ^^ Ha. Yeah, i've heard. :p How exactly does the campaign work?

Any fighter is fun with other people honestly. I have a feeling this is gonna be pretty fun online. I was never expecting a super competent fighter but I'm just happy with what I've seen so far!

I cannot wait for my copy to arrive. I have a feeling it's not coming till next week...

I wouldn't argue with that. I'm happy that I got my girlfriend into JoJo, plus I have a friend who's really intoas well. :D Yes, and hopefully play with you guys online! Same here, plus its JoJo! The best fan service game ever.

Hey, you'll be playing it soon!

Jenga

Banned
Ok, so apparently the "jump from a standing position" moves for caesar and will are essentially super jumps

that's pretty cool

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so apparently the "jump from a standing position" moves for caesar and will are essentially super jumps

that's pretty cool

I think characters with super jumps can jump cancel

I know for a fact that Will A can jump cancel whiffed normals which is kinda ridiculous lol

Finalow

so, is there any hope to see this in US/EU at all? Even if so, I'd prefer to import it instead of waiting like 6 months or more.
but on the other hand if the campaign or sp are well done I'd miss most of it since I don't know the language. (unless it can played with english too?)

Jenga

Banned
so, is there any hope to see this in US/EU at all? Even if so, I'd prefer to import it instead of waiting like 6 months or more.
but on the other hand if the campaign or sp are well done I'd miss most of it since I don't know the language. (unless it can played with english too?)

if you ever get tired of waiting, just grab the hong kong version digitally

Pre-ordered my copy from Akihabara Games through amazon since they accepted amazon gift cards but they don't provide tracking information so I'm losing my mind!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Been playing the game over the last couple days (versus friends here and there and doing story to unlock characters) and I really enjoy the game. It's definitely a casual fighter, but I don't mean that in a bad way. It's a great game to pull out and play with people and just have a good time.

I'm down with that.

Jenga

Banned
been playing, some quick impressions:

-it's a fun fighting game (whodathunk)

-there's a pretty decent combo system, just gotta put the time into it instead of resorting to easy beat and LMH mashing

-ripple users and pillarmen are all fun and great

-stand users are hit/miss, jotaro and polnareff just aren't fun for me (again, atm), but abdol and emeraldu sprash are pretty good

I've noticed that when Giorno has almost no HP left, he has that yellow glow mode that gives him super armor. Maybe he can resist attacks than while transforming. I'll try it out when I have the chance, because I like playing with Giorno atm. It would be lame if his GHA was unusable...

The yellow super-armor mode doesn't protect Giorno from being hit out of his GER transformation :(. I did manage to transform against a player by first hitting him with the HHA and directly afterwards starting the transformation. This requires 3 full bars however and it is not guaranteed to work depending on what ranged moves your opponent has...

okey, thanks.
what about the single player?

The story mode is pathetic, just repeats of text followed by a fight. I'm just rushing through it to unlock all the characters. Campaign mode let's you fight against bots that represent other players or against BOSS bots. Beating them gets you medals which lead to alt costumes, colors, taunts, etc. I like this mode and there are a ton of cameo characters that give you powerups and such.

Finalow

The story mode is pathetic, just repeats of text followed by a fight. I'm just rushing through it to unlock all the characters. Campaign mode let's you fight against bots that represent other players or against BOSS bots. Beating them gets you medals which lead to alt costumes, colors, taunts, etc. I like this mode and there are a ton of cameo characters that give you powerups and such.
about the story, is there some sort of summary of the series until SBR or something like that? Or it's just fights with some random dialogues.

about the story, is there some sort of summary of the series until SBR or something like that? Or it's just fights with some random dialogues.

It's always some lines explaining very briefly what happened in the story, followed by a fight. The fights always take place in the same location though so it doesn't even fit with the story of the manga. If you're playing this for the JoJo story, don't bother and read the manga. I've noticed a sort of JoJo trivia thing in the collectibles menu, but it's all in Japanese so I have no idea what it says.

Game just came in the mail, and so far I've been having a total blast with it.

Did a few online matches, and some rather eech input lag aside, they were hype as all hell. Feels like SF4 on steroids. Would love to get some matches in with my fellow non-moonmen once I become at all decent.

Story mode is quite a letdown though, especially coming from the super-expansive story modes of CC2's Naruto games. Maybe I could appreciate it better if I could understand Japanese beyond an average weeaboo level.

Top Bottom