• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Jenga

Banned
watching a dude go through training (saltypete)

like, who the hell thought this was game was just lmh special puttsun spam anyway

there's a ton of cool shit

Jenga

Banned
bitez da dusto isn't blockable, but can be stylish dodged

i'm assuming bttds kira's gameplan is to set up guard crush pressure into bttd setups

Astarte

bitez da dusto isn't blockable, but can be stylish dodged

i'm assuming bttds kira's gameplan is to set up guard crush pressure into bttd setups

It's really cool how kira can reset pucci back into c-moon/white snake and Kars back into his non aja self.

Also
HOORAY
Delivery date: Wednesday
LABOOORR DAYYYYYYYYY

9hAwP0V.png

Beckx

*Calling the Hayato thing a "notepad" is definitely a misnomer - it's merely a clever way to get a DLC code to you.

Game arrived this morning! Only had time to get it set up and play a quick versus match with my daughter (also a JoJo's fan). Thoughts so far:

It takes a long time to get the game ready to play. I didn't time it, but it felt like a good 10-15 minutes to get everything done.

• Buy, download & install Shiggy/Harvest DLC - 300 yen, 2000 KB download
  • add Kira DLC
  • add & download compatibility pack from the store - 171 MB
  • Launch game - mandatory patch
  • Mandatory install
  • "Campaign data check" - lengthy enough to be annoying
  • Trophy install/check

The "press start" splash screen is an ad for DLC, or appears to be - Shiggy and Kira splashed across it. Left a bad taste.

Characters are locked not only in story, but also in Versus, which is a bad way to do it. I didn't mind P4A's method of locking characters in story mode, because it was tied to the presentation of that mode. Everything was available for Versus out of the gate, and it's locked here. Not a good decision.

As I said, I only played one match, but the actual game seems like exactly what I wanted: a JoJo's fighting game with a cool look and tons of fan service. I do like that movement changes for the stand characters (at least Josuke) based on whether their stand is out or not. We had fun. :)

where can i go to download video's of footage for this game? mp4 format if possible?

edit:
250px-Luka.jpg

Gy' z?
Plz

I miss my internet, I'd just download Jo Jo match vids directly off Youtube and watch them to my hearts content..looks like i can't download vids anywhere else legitimately. :(

*Calling the Hayato thing a "notepad" is definitely a misnomer - it's merely a clever way to get a DLC code to you.

Game arrived this morning! Only had time to get it set up and play a quick versus match with my daughter (also a JoJo's fan). Thoughts so far:

It takes a long time to get the game ready to play. I didn't time it, but it felt like a good 10-15 minutes to get everything done.

• Buy, download & install Shiggy/Harvest DLC - 300 yen, 2000 KB download
  • add Kira DLC
  • add & download compatibility pack from the store - 171 MB
  • Launch game - mandatory install
  • "Campaign data check" - lengthy enough to be annoying
  • Trophy install/check

The "press start" splash screen is an ad for DLC, or appears to be - Shiggy and Kira splashed across it. Left a bad taste.

Characters are locked not only in story, but also in Versus, which is a bad way to do it. I didn't mind P4A's method of locking characters in story mode, because it was tied to the presentation of that mode. Everything was available for Versus out of the gate, and it's locked here. Not a good decision.

As I said, I only played one match, but the actual game seems like exactly what I wanted: a JoJo's fighting game with a cool look and tons of fan service. I do like that movement changes for the stand characters (at least Josuke) based on whether their stand is out or not. We had fun. :)

So in order to get the DLC, I need a Japanese PSN account. But I can play the game with my main US account after getting the DLC, correct?

Beckx

So in order to get the DLC, I need a Japanese PSN account. But I can play the game with my main US account after getting the DLC, correct?

Correct*.

(*The only situation where this will not be true is where the US account has not authorized the console for games.)

Tizoc

Correct, and if you decide to get the digital ver. off JPN PSN, you can gameshare it with one other person.

andymcc

Banned
i hate to say it but that awful sounding campaign mode is probably going to be the future of ALL fighting games.

that hurt to type.

Beckx

Some new ADORABLE merch advertised with the game, apparently one of the Johnny figures comes with a code for a Johnny costume.

On the bad side, they appear to be something you get from those little toy machines (e.g., Shenmue) in various stores in Japan. :/

Astarte

Does the stamina not build back up as you play other modes? And you just use in-game gold to refill it, not actual money, right?

(haven't touched campaign mode myself yet)

20 minutes of playtime, 3 hour wait. You can play without stamina, you won't unlock anything. You can use real money to get stamina back instantly, or you can get an instance where you meet someone who just slaps stamina back into you

20 minutes of playtime, 3 hour wait. You can play without stamina, you won't unlock anything. You can use real money to get stamina back instantly, or you can get an instance where you meet someone who just slaps stamina back into you

lol so dumb. If you paid for the game in full, you should not be subjected to this.

i hate to say it but that awful sounding campaign mode is probably going to be the future of ALL fighting games.

that hurt to type.

They should offer VS/online/training for $30, then we can call it even.

Beckx

So how to taunts works? If I press taunt out of opponent's range, I do a pose but there's no cutscene or meter impact. If I get in melee range and try to do it as a counter I just get hit.

Anyone grok how these work yet?

Beckx

Thanks - outside of OTG situations any reason not to use it? Mostly I wanted to know how to do it for fun in local play. :)

The meter stealing ones are after a knockdown. They take so little that it doesn't seem too practical to use them imo.

As far as non-Stand characters, I like Josef, but has anyone tried Mista? He's one of my favorites.

*I mean, I know Mista has a Stand, or 6 mini-stands rather, but in the sense of non-conventional Stands

Chairhome

You guys are really tempting me to get this even though I've only read SBR and the first 3 sagas. What's the fastest way to get HK PSN cash?

andymcc

Banned
Some new ADORABLE merch advertised with the game, apparently one of the Johnny figures comes with a code for a Johnny costume.

On the bad side, they appear to be something you get from those little toy machines (e.g., Shenmue) in various stores in Japan. :/

They are actually 700Y mystery box toys. They're usually higher quality than gashopon but you are buying something randomly (they come in thick cardboard boxes). they usually have wonky ratios for each case to ensure popular characters get lower numbers of distribution.

geebee

Banned
You guys are really tempting me to get this even though I've only read SBR and the first 3 sagas. What's the fastest way to get HK PSN cash?
I used cardscodes.com to buy a HK $500 psn code. My first attempt was rejected due to some sort of fraud suspicion, but I just placed the order a second time and included a note about my Paypal account info being verified. Took me around an hour to get my code. Not sure how fast/cheap Play-Asia is in comparison.

Astarte

Ohhh where can I get some boxes? I really want some part 7 figures but there's a huge lack of them. Hell, part 6 doesn't even have a SAS yet.

Not intentionally :-(. I started 4 and then didn't have time, then SBR came out and I got excited and started reading that (didn't finish it). I'll rectify the problem.

The instant I heard about horse racing in a Jojo universe, I rode the hype train all the way through to part 7. I guess I can get what you're saying :y

Chairhome

I used cardscodes.com to buy a HK $500 psn code. My first attempt was rejected due to some sort of fraud suspicion, but I just placed the order a second time and included a note about my Paypal account info being verified. Took me around an hour to get my code. Not sure how fast/cheap Play-Asia is in comparison.

Thanks! I'll check it out. Not positive i'm going to get it right now, but good info to know.

andymcc

Banned
I hate goddamned fed ex so much. They never marked the package had a signature requirement (I would have pre-signed) and now it's going back to distro which is about an hour and a half away from me. guess I have a long drive after work. :/

The campaign mode battery is not as bad as it sounds. It replenishes pretty quickly and there are lot's of cameo characters that either replenish it full (Pocoloco) or replenish part of it.
I'm confused about the badges I get when fighting in campaign though, I don't really seem to unlock anything with it. I got an alt costume for Kira when I defeated the Kira "boss" but that's about it.

How do you unlock alt costumes? I've been told it's Campaign mode but i've been in there and finished around 8 battles and haven't unlocked any new costumes :/
Yeah, Campaign mode. It's random when you fully defeat a boss. I beat Polnareff and then one of the rewards was a costume, apparently!

Yeah, Campaign mode. It's random when you fully defeat a boss. I beat Polnareff and then one of the rewards was a costume, apparently!

Since you got a polnareff costume from beating his boss, and I got a Kira costume from beating the Kira boss, I guess you get them from that. Although I also defeated a Wham boss wearing an alt costume but i didn't get it (I think...).

Since you got a polnareff costume from beating his boss, and I got a Kira costume from beating the Kira boss, I guess you get them from that. Although I also defeated a Wham boss wearing an alt costume but i didn't get it (I think...).
That's what I mean, ONE of the rewards is a costume. I beat a Jolyne boss and didn't get a costume!

Top Bottom