• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Shouta

These combos with Hermes are definitely the coolest things I've seen so far in this game. She's one of my favorites to play as so far surprisingly. You can do 2H, 3H puttstun cancel to open up a lot of combo options for her.

Played a bunch of matches with my friend and it was awesome. So far I'm liking Hermes, Kawajiri Kira, and Gappy the most. I want to use Josuke, Johnny, and Gyro more but I don't know any cool combos with them.

Wow, real combos? I'm gonna have to read the manual to see if there are some systems that'll help extend combos.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Apparently I missed the usps delivery guy and they left a card on my front door. They couldn't have just fucking left it on the door step? I am so heated right now.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
These combos with Hermes are definitely the coolest things I've seen so far in this game. She's one of my favorites to play as so far surprisingly. You can do 2H, 3H puttstun cancel to open up a lot of combo options for her.

Played a bunch of matches with my friend and it was awesome. So far I'm liking Hermes, Kawajiri Kira, and Gappy the most. I want to use Josuke, Johnny, and Gyro more but I don't know any cool combos with them.

Do those only work with a certain amount of stickers? I noticed the first few she had none and the last one she had them on her legs only.

because I'm guessing the stickers change the amount of hits her moves do

Shito

Wow, real combos? I'm gonna have to read the manual to see if there are some systems that'll help extend combos.
Puttstun cancel is (mostly) the only system to extend combos. It's like a roman cancel.

From what I've played, I like Hermes, but I can't help but find her (and the game) quite limited and restricted. There are "real combos" thanks to puttstun, but they're not very numerous or all interesting...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Puttstun cancel is (mostly) the only system to extend combos. It's like a roman cancel.

From what I've played, I like Hermes, but I can't help but find her (and the game) quite limited and restricted. There are "real combos" thanks to puttstun, but they're not very numerous or all interesting...

There's "stand rush" which is what Hermes is using in that video when she acts independently of Kiss.

It's not only a good option to extend combos, but also one of the best pressure tools as it allows you to keep yourself safe by attacking basically with two characters at once.

The problem with this system though is that there are alot of self sustaining loops in the game arising from stand rush/ex move combos building enough meter to keep the loop going indefinitely.(apparently that Hermes loop at the end is one such example.)

I don't think the combo system is too limited right now, it just seems poorly tuned.

Considering CC2's never made a straightforward fighting game, it's unsurprising that the combo potential is not even between all the characters, or even that present in the first place. Puttsun cancels can be used at various points in the same combos for various results, but since they cost a full bar it's really a choice between comboing into a level 1 (if your character has a damage level 1) or canceling to continue the combo.

Characters with setup moves like Kira and his bombs, Kakyoin and the Hierophant Barrier, and Jolyne and her string barrier seem to have more combo potential overall.

Jolyyyyyyyyyyyyne

Shito

There's "stand rush" which is what Hermes is using in that video when she acts independently of Kiss.
Yes, and stand rush for characters with a stand. Somehow I've only played with it to try and find nice mix-up options (for example, Hermes 236H xx stand rush leaves her at the perfect range for a j.L that crosses up): I should try to think about including them for combo extenders as well!

Do those only work with a certain amount of stickers? I noticed the first few she had none and the last one she had them on her legs only.

because I'm guessing the stickers change the amount of hits her moves do

Not 100% sure as I haven't tested that combo, but I'm assuming you do need at least one sticker already. I'm playing pad right now and my execution's not the best (stick player, waiting on my converter), otherwise I'd go try it out.

And you are correct on her sticker mechanic. You do 421X to attach a sticker to yourself and you lose stickers by getting knocked down.

edit: Actually got the input wrong for the string with Hermes to start the juggle. Looks like 2H, 3H 623H puttstun cancel

Erigu

When was this announced?
Just now.

Apology for poor reception?
Thanks for good sales. Officially, anyway.

Any word on what's being changed in the patch?
Nope, although the wording is a bit odd: it says the patch will fix the balance for online fights. Online specifically? Whah?

Im guessing Iggy is paid eh?
Yeah, but half-price (300 yen) for two weeks, as previously announced.

Also I still need info on Baoh thou! Hopefully he'll be released the week after the Fugo DLC.
Probably not :(
Probably not, considering Baoh is supposed to be (part of?) the last DLC. We should be getting (at least?)
Lisa Lisa, old Joseph, Vanilla Ice and Narciso Annasui
before that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Cancels in this game are so silly. Whiff ground normal into chained normal. Whiff air normal into air special. Whiff special into super.

Or, in other words, there's no reason to commit to Kakyoin's 5B or 2B when it doesn't hit. When it does you can chain to 2C or cancel into whatever.

Yeah, but half-price (300 yen) for two weeks, as previously announced.
Thats seems like a fair price for a DLC character. I'm sold!

Probably not, considering Baoh is supposed to be (part of?) the last DLC. We should be getting (at least?)
Lisa Lisa, old Joseph, Vanilla Ice and Narciso Annasui
before that.
Yeah it kinda seems that way, considering that Baoh is from a different series. Makes sense if he was last. Thank you for clearing that up!

Okay, can some explain a part of campaign mode for me? When you are on the menu where you spend a point to fight, you can press triangle. The first picture is of Yasuho eating mitsudango. What is this menu? I currently have no clue.

Chairhome

Okay, can some explain a part of campaign mode for me? When you are on the menu where you spend a point to fight, you can press triangle. The first picture is of Yasuho eating mitsudango. What is this menu? I currently have no clue.

I think that's where you can use items that you've collected. I think some of them can reduce the opponents life at the start of the fight and other things like that.

NEO0MJ

Just got the game and played a bit with my bro. Yeah, damage is way too low, took us forever to finish matches. And I had no idea how bad 30 FPS were for fighters until I played this.
Not having too much fun right now but it's pretty late though so I can barely focus plus it's a new fighter with a different system than what I'm used to so that's to be expected.

Just to make sure, we unlock characters by playing story mode, right?

Peff

Just got the game and played a bit with my bro. Yeah, damage is way too low, took us forever to finish matches. And I had no idea how bad 30 FPS were for fighters until I played this.
Not having too much fun right now but it's pretty late though so I can barely focus plus it's a new fighter with a different system than what I'm used to so that's to be expected.

Just to make sure, we unlock characters by playing story mode, right?

Yep. And to be fair, it's 30 fps but it dips a lot, especially when two stands are in play at the same time.

NEO0MJ

Yep. And to be fair, it's 30 fps but it dips a lot, especially when two stands are in play at the same time.

Yeah, I noticed that in a few matches.I feel that it miss-reads several of my commands, more often than most fighters.

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Import Review

+ great graphics and directing
+ accessible to the newbies, deep for the hardcore
+ a lot of characters
+ technically successful

- the campaign mode and its micro-payments
- anecdotal story mode
- weak balancing
- Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora
- 30 FPS

7/10 (editor's choice)

Still waiting on my copy to arrive. It's painful that Amazon already sent me an email asking if I'd like to write a review for the product I purchased.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just got it today...
Just a few more missions and I'll have the plat on my JPN account already...

too easy...
From what I'm hearing, this is perhaps one of the easiest fighting games to get a platinum on. Fine by me, especially since there's no online ones.

Man, really wish they'd bring up the mention of an EU version again. Last thing I wanna do is after waiting to get enough money/a discount is hearing about the EU version with ENG subtitles.

NEO0MJ

Just got it today...
Just a few more missions and I'll have the plat on my JPN account already...

too easy...

I've been getting trophies like crazy in this game, without even trying.

Oh, and what's a good site to look up character moves and their effects?

I've been getting trophies like crazy in this game, without even trying.

Oh, and what's a good site to look up character moves and their effects?

You can read up on each move by moving to that character move and read the description on the bottom scrolling bar.

If you're looking for an English translated list...sorry, I don't have any site I can give you (I can read Japanese and I'm too lazy of a translator.)

Do let me know if you have any specific questions though. I can probably type up all of the secret mission requirements if people need it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You can read up on each move by moving to that character move and read the description on the bottom scrolling bar.

If you're looking for an English translated list...sorry, I don't have any site I can give you (I can read Japanese and I'm too lazy of a translator.)

Do let me know if you have any specific questions though. I can probably type up all of the secret mission requirements if people need it.

Please. If you don't mind.

Top Bottom