• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

So you guys know how you can hold the button when you do 214L/M/H with Joseph to make the projectile come back to him? If you puttstun cancel as you throw it, it will still fly back if you hold it. That will open up some cool combos with him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hrm, I got 4th in the local tourney we had today. Joseph's jump arc and heavy attack are crazy strong.
Joseph's jump heavy is pretty similar to Young Joseph's jump heavy in the 2D Capcom game, in that it has a great hitbox, crosses up, starts a combo, and is active for a long time. The 2D version stayed active for five years though, and could be used with three different jump arcs.

azurite

Neo Member
Anyone want to give their thoughts on a tier list thus far? What characters have the best mixups, safe blockstrings, good combo potential, good keepaway etc.

I don't have the game but judging from what I've seen;

Caesar, Joseph, DIO, Jolyne and Wham look really solid. Wham seems to have unsafe blockstrings but really good damage potential. I've seen alot of reversal GHA from Wham players, don't know how safe they are but it seems to hit really often and do crazy damage.

NEO0MJ

Didn't play the game much (plus I didn't even touch half the characters, let alone understand them) but Jonathon seems solid, though I have no idea if that matters in a game like this.

Also, how do you unlock Kira? I entered the DLC code in the JPN store and downloaded him but he doesn't appear in the character select screen.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kakyoin I feel is the best zoner in the game.

People sleeping on him online too, which is surprising because not only is he a popular character, but I feel his playstyle would really thrive in a game with this kind of netcode

He and Jolyne are my favorites atm though so maybe I'm biased.(I also think Jolyne is the best character in the game period)

Everyone seems to be sticking to the male jojos and the bosses online. I see alot of Josephs because it's easy to combo off his jump ins into rekka into super.(that and the anime probably)

Anyone want to give their thoughts on a tier list thus far? What characters have the best mixups, safe blockstrings, good combo potential, good keepaway etc.

It's early but I'd probably say Stand users have better mixups and combo potential by default just because of the stand rush mechanic. The fact that it takes so little meter means they can keep using it too.

Can't really say who the best characters are as I've only played a little with my friends. Diavolo seems really strong at the moment though.

Also, how do you unlock Kira? I entered the DLC code in the JPN store and downloaded him but he doesn't appear in the character select screen.

Like all character unlocks in the game - you have to beat his chapter. Which in this case is Part 4 Ex Mission 3.

Peff

Actually I think you just need to download the free Campaign mode DLC, which has the actual data for both characters instead of the measly 2 MB you get with the code.

Shito

Some "not so dumb" tier list a friend stumbled upon on japanese boards:

S: DIO Shigechi Diavolo Narancia
A: Jôtarô Wamuu Joseph Caesar
B: Jolyne Polnareff Jôsuke Kakyôin Dio Avdol Gyro Johnny
C: Giorno Kôichi Bucca Mista Teisuke Esidisi Hol Horse
D: Pucci Zeppeli Otoishi Hermes Jonathan Kira Kars
E: Valentine Kawajiri Rohan Okuyasu
I've decided to main DIO: he has nearly everything a character can want in this game, and his combos and mix-ups can be quite fun to do.
He'll probably get nerfed in 2 days, though...

Can't really say who the best characters are as I've only played a little with my friends. Diavolo seems really strong at the moment though.
He'll be much less of a strong character once they get rid of his infinite.
Hopefully. ^^

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love if someone could elaborate on that list. I know literally nothing about Narnancia and Shigechi

and if Diavolo is so high because of his infinite why is Valentine bottom? Time skip?

He'll be much less of a strong character once they get rid of his infinite.
Hopefully. ^^
Yeah I figure they'll probably nerf his j.H.
I'd love if someone could elaborate on that list. I know literally nothing about Narnancia and Shigechi
No idea about Fatty, but I'm assuming Narancia's high up because he can do this. Apparently he can stand rush one of his moves without the stand being on.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I figure they'll probably nerf his j.H.

No idea about Fatty, but I'm assuming Narancia's high up because he can do this. Apparently he can stand rush one of his moves without the stand being on.

I guess I should follow the tech in this game closer

Seems everyone in the game has an infinite to the point where they're irrelevant.

Shame Valentine doesn't have any interesting stuff.

azurite

Neo Member
Kakyoin I feel is the best zoner in the game.

People sleeping on him online too, which is surprising because not only is he a popular character, but I feel his playstyle would really thrive in a game with this kind of netcode

Just rewatched some Kakyoin matches. DAMN.

Emerlald Splash comes out so fast and has amazing durability. Couple that with Hierophant no Kekka's traps and I don't know how non-zoners are supposed to be able to get in. Everytime I saw someone try and jump over the traps they just got hit.

Here's the matches I watched. A bit sloppy but you can see how effective his zoning is and how annoying it is to jump over the traps.

I'd love if someone could elaborate on that list. I know literally nothing about Narnancia and

and if Diavolo is so high because of his infinite why is Valentine bottom? Time skip?

Fatty seems to be top because his loops. I know alot of characters have loops but I haven't seen any that build as much meter as this one not to mention you can start them from a throw. Crazy.

Valentine seems good, don't know why he's so low. His projectile seems to be a part of it, it seems like most characters can just duck it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just rewatched some Kakyoin matches. DAMN.

Emerlald Splash comes out so fast and has amazing durability. Couple that with Hierophant no Kekka's traps and I don't know how non-zoners are supposed to be able to get in. Everytime I saw someone try and jump over the traps they just got hit.

Here's the matches I watched. A bit sloppy but you can see how effective his zoning is and how annoying it is to jump over the traps.

He also has two projectile command grabs. one in stand on and one in stand off. on top of the barriers and his fireball, Emerald Splash having alot of durability.

Once I found out about that I picked him up quick! lol.

I guess the reason people don't use him though is explained in the comments. Zoning is still considered lame to most fighting game players.

Because spamming Jotaro Oraora DP and canceling special Oraora into super Oraora is so interesting....
Valentine seems good, don't know why he's so low. His projectile seems to be a part of it, it seems like most characters can just duck it.

yeah and it takes so long to fire.

Kosaku being bottom is also disappointing. I thought he seemed really interesting with his unblockable setups with air bomb and bomb #1

NEO0MJ

Actually I think you just need to download the free Campaign mode DLC, which has the actual data for both characters instead of the measly 2 MB you get with the code.

This turned out to be the problem, I forgot about it.

Some "not so dumb" tier list a friend stumbled upon on japanese boards

Sucks that Kira is so low, but I'll try to learn him for now. Nice that Wham is high up.

Because spamming Jotaro Oraora DP and canceling special Oraora into super Oraora is so interesting....

Hey, everyone loves to Ora Ora :D

Jenga

Banned
Some "not so dumb" tier list a friend stumbled upon on japanese boards:

^

no, that's a pretty dumb list. valentine being E tier for one, the dude has some sweet pressure, nice normals, good AA (important in this game), good damage, etc etc

Y. Kira also shits out damage and has a great oki game. Jonathon has basically all the tools anyone needs in this game outside of a stand for an extended normal range.
it's for combos/block pressure (depending on the character they're forced to crouch the entire time)

you can PC his gun to extend his combos

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
He also has two projectile command grabs. one in stand on and one in stand off. on top of the barriers and his fireball, Emerald Splash having alot of durability.

Once I found out about that I picked him up quick! lol.

I guess the reason people don't use him though is explained in the comments. Zoning is still considered lame to most fighting game players.

When most others are wasting their time knocking off 1/10 of a bar with knockdown taunts, Kakyoin is busy putting hitboxes on the screen. Definitely been my main from my first time touching the game. Some notes:

- Whiff cancelling means he never has to commit to a 5/2B. If you miss just cancel to 5C.

- Speaking of whiff cancelling, why can't he do more moves in the air? jC to tentacle grab would be so sexy.

- Speaking of 5B, 5B to 2C hard knockdown is so good. Gives you time to get traps set up.

- Need to figure out how to properly incorporate his stand-active stance. His HCB command grab combos into ground spike.

- If somebody gets blown up by both traps, you can also get in a hit afterward too, but not sure how best to do it or if you can keep going if the positioning is right.

- Emerald Splash tracking vertically is so dirty.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oI3rfLuG_Q

Thinking about selling off my copy for now and just pick it up again later when I have more time to play.

Let me know if anyone in the US is interested

So can anyone tell me how legit these news are

New DLC!

9/26 Campaign 3 “Dangerous Men” : Vanilla Ice (CV: Seki Tomokazu) Narciso Anasui (CV: Nakamura Yuuichi)

10/10 Campaign 4 “Inheritable purpose”: Lisa Lisa, Old Joseph (both same seiyuu as before of course)

Jenga

Banned
>1.02 Patch - Unofficial changes

>Global Changes:
>Wall Bounce state no longer lets you juggle

>johnny tackle has more recovery
>diavolo j.C no longer hits otg (infinite removed)
>jolyne superjump has landing recovery (infinite removed)
>hermes Son 236C no longer lifts enough for combos (infinite removed)
>mista loaded shots push away more now (infinite removed)
>Akira 5b has more recovery (infinite removed)

Apparently JP users are reporting they're finding it harder to do jump-ins to extend combos, but easier to extend with dash-ins.

I saw earlier someone linked to translation of the main menu? Could someone link me?

Also what's a good spot online to look up move lists translations?

Jenga

Banned
Was the patch only to remove bad stuff or did they do some buffs? Wouldn't mind some Rohan buffs.
They changed the juggle system a bit and removed infinites. That's about it.

Finding it a bit difficult to do Y. Kira's BNB but this should tone down some of the 15 sec 50%+ life combos.

New DLC!

9/26 Campaign 3 “Dangerous Men” : Vanilla Ice (CV: Seki Tomokazu) Narciso Anasui (CV: Nakamura Yuuichi)

10/10 Campaign 4 “Inheritable purpose”: Lisa Lisa, Old Joseph (both same seiyuu as before of course)

Dammit. Lisa Lisa, why you gotta be so far away. D: Anyways, Vanilla Ice is coming soon. Aww yeah!

Rhapsody

Banned
For some reason, it's weird thinking about Old Joseph still being voiced by Sugita. I'll probably get used to it when Part 3 gets its season.

Also was that supposed leaked list accurate so far?

Top Bottom