• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Erigu

Also was that supposed leaked list accurate so far?
The one from months ago? Nope.
If you're talking about the recent datamining to find out who the next DLC characters might be though, it would be right on the money: Lisa Lisa, old Joseph, Vanilla Ice, Narciso Annasui and Baoh.

Is it odd that Emporio has more voiced lines in this game than even some of the actual playable characters?
I don't know about odd, but it sure is irritating.

Tizoc

I JUST GOT THE GAME BUT I HAVE TO GO TO WORK NOW!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!??!?!!?

Shito

So: the patch.

DIO seems unchanged to me: his stand rush still only costs a quarter of meter (not enough!), his combo breaker half a bar (not enough!), and his life drain still gives him the same amount of life and meter.
Only difference I found is the life drain animation has been made WAY quicker; which is a good thing.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I figured they wouldn't touch Dio.

The other characters seemed broken because of design oversights. Dio is broken by design. lol

Half bar burst in a game with no universal burst are you serious.

Tizoc

Here's a translation of some menus in text form as well.

It's for Versus, Customize, Gallery and Options.

Thanks! Rather glad there's a separate option for turning off menus and one for turning off Speedwagon and co.
Of course what JoJo fan in their right mind would want to mute Speedwagon?

So: the patch.

DIO seems unchanged to me: his stand rush still only costs a quarter of meter (not enough!), his combo breaker half a bar (not enough!), and his life drain still gives him the same amount of life and meter.
Only difference I found is the life drain animation has been made WAY quicker; which is a good thing.

You can't extend your Time Stop combos just by knockdown now. Thank god.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Is there a translation of what the support items do? I got a bunch with CS points throughout the campaign (Kraftwerk, Pearl Jam, Highway to Hell, Anubis Khan, space suits, Little Feet, Dragon's Dream & FF, CrazyD breaking StarP's guard) but no idea what most of their effects are.

Thanks! Rather glad there's a separate option for turning off menus and one for turning off Speedwagon and co.
Of course what JoJo fan in their right mind would want to mute Speedwagon?
Speedwagon is great. Emporio and Steel, on the other hand...

Jenga

Banned
I love Steel, what's wrong with you. Emporio's only got a bad rep because they had the VA scream into her mic for 10 seconds.

Uh...
tumblr_msxrrl2hiy1rkbzf7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_msxrrl2hiy1rkbzf7o2_500.jpg

Astarte

Oh it's Japan they always do stuff like that.
Like burning thousands of dollars worth of DVDs once they find out their waifu isn't pure.
I'm willing to bet that he has another copy stashed away somewhere; if you can afford those blu ray anime sets you can get another (now very discounted) jojo

Did the patch make things worse?

Well, the only thing I would argue against the patch from what I've seen of the notes (keep in mind I don't have the game...and won't for likely quite a while) is that it added a height restriction on all air attacks to remove infinites and instant overheads but at the same time making TKs impossible, everything else simply looked like "altered X on Y character to eliminate infinites". Oh and there also was increased gravity in the corners to prevent juggle jab infinites.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Got the game in today. Everything seems to have a nice design to it.

After trying a bit here and there, I asked the wife to play some of the story mode to help unlock things. She took up Part 3. It was basically smooth sailing until the 8th fight of Polnareff vs Dio, and I couldn't get it after two attempts. As it stands, it seems like this fight heavily favors Dio, but I'll need to play more to understand what all can be done in the game regardless.

Otherwise, I wish the walk speed wasn't so slow, and that you didn't need to resummon Stands after every knock down (which seems to happen very frequently).

Shito

Dash cancelling is fun.
Not really: it kills the buffs / transformations of certain characters like Giorno, Kars, Hermes or Johnny, since now their opponent can get on them much quicker after a knockdown.
I don't get why they added dash cancelling. Probably because people were saying the game is a bit slow, but it's such a weird way to "fix" this...

From what I've seen, you can still TK certain moves.

The new gravity thing removed some useful BnB's for quite a number of characters, dumbing them down.

Instant overheads are gone.

Also, it's now much more difficult to touch an opponent air to air, creating a lot of situations were both opponents jump at each other with none of their moves connecting.

but everything's fine
I know you like the game quite a lot, but come on. ^^
It's a really bad patch, creating more problems than it resolved.

Mista's still got an infinite lol

I have no clue what Johnny's gonna do now without the horse loop honestly. He has nothing going for him off of the horse, and on the horse it was all he had outside of some zoning stuff.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
From what I've seen, you can still TK certain moves.

Yeah you can still do it with Jolyne, but the timing is alot tighter.(so not gonna do it online)

Kinda killed her for me. I liked how freestyle she was prepatch. Now with all the new limits she doesn't have the same appeal

Also, it's now much more difficult to touch an opponent air to air, creating a lot of situations were both opponents jump at each other with none of their moves connecting

Yeah they made alot of the air move hitboxes smaller apparently as a way to fix alot of the ambiguous cross-ups in the game. Probably the only good change in the patch.

It's a really bad patch, creating more problems than it resolved.

I don't know about that.

I just think that it's now completely opposite from the game that it was. Initially the reason the game was so broken was because there were almost no artificial limitations to the combo system. No gravity scaling no height restrictions 1-frame jumps etc. So while this broke the game it was still very interesting for players to explore and figure out the possibilities.

but I guess in reaction to the initial reaction to the game balance, CC2 wanted to get things like infinites out as fast as possible. So the came up with some rather inelegant solutions. Which is the game we're playing now.

It's a much more limited game now for sure, but we just gotta figure out how to make the best of it and maybe pick some new characters in the process.(I heard Abdul got buffed. lol) Hopefully in the October patch they'll be able to make some better conceived changes with the longer period of time.

Tizoc

Just have Part 7 and 8 to finish and I'll have unlocked everyone.
...but man wtf, beating Johnny as Gyro is toug, any tips for this battle?

Shito

So, they upped a changelist for yesterday's patch: http://mirror.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/new4.html

And they already have one for the next one: http://mirror.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/new5.html

Ugly google translation:

For updates on the update of data ver1.03 will deliver early October,
and we plan the following:.

- Update - Overview

• To play tempo improve, adjust the maximum strength of all the characters
 adjust the amount of damage the opponent when "throw normal"-trick hits
 adjust the match balance associated with-stylish move
 when Easy beat is hit Adjust the amount of damage opponent
 adjust the amount accumulated heart heat gauge when Easy beat hits
 tighter criteria of communication status display icon of online play against
lag that occurs (online play against their opponent with customers It depends on the communication environment..) makes it easier to match with the other good communication by strict state of the place
 and other adjustments,

※ There is the possibility that by various balance adjustment, operation sense of before and after the update changes.
※ update contents are seeing is expected. Subject to change due to circumstances, so please acknowledge beforehand.

Thank you for "adventure strange All-Star Battle of JoJo" in the future.
Buffing throw damage is a good thing.
Nerfing easy beat is... ok, I guess, but it's the least of our concern for the moment.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone want to buy my copy? Japanese version, played once. DLC code was redeemed.

PM if interested. I'm also looking to sell off EX Troopers.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
BTW how is one supposed to use Okuyasu's Lvl. 1 super? It has such a long start-up.

Knock down -> Puttsun -> Lvl 1.

It'll catch them trying to get up

Not really worth it for the damage...

It's why no one plays Okuyasu lol. He and Rohan as well are interesting characters, just don't have the right tools for the game they're in.

Knock down -> Puttsun -> Lvl 1.

It'll catch them trying to get up

Not really worth it for the damage...

It's why no one plays Okuyasu lol. He and Rohan as well are interesting characters, just don't have the right tools for the game they're in.

Yeah, I was kind of sad about how Rohan turned out, since he's one of my favorite characters in the series.

Forgot Fugo came out this week!

Tizoc

Man having unlocked all the characters now...game really needs a slight boost in attack damage!
LMH>Special>Super does 25% damage! That's how much a basic bnb could do.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely just someone who accidentally broke his disc and then decided to get some attention on twitter.

Nah they probably broke it intentionally

Copies are so cheap that they probably bought an extra for when the october patch comes out too

Top Bottom