• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's ASB |OT| You Importin'? Depending On Your answer, I May Have To Kick Your Ass!

Tizoc

Oh suck it up kiddies. I remember the hours I spent unlocking everyone in Tekken 2, 3, SFEX1, SFEX2, SFEX3, SF4. Ah good times~

Anyone else find it funny how they assigned PS3 buttons to do the Fabulous dodge and the Lvl. 2 Super?

FSLink

Banned
Oh suck it up kiddies. I remember the hours I spent unlocking everyone in Tekken 2, 3, SFEX1, SFEX2, SFEX3, SF4. Ah good times~

Anyone else find it funny how they assigned PS3 buttons to do the Fabulous dodge and the Lvl. 2 Super?

It's still a dumb archaic thing in this age, but I guess it doesn't matter too much in this game since I doubt it'll be competitive. (I would love to be surprised though! :D)

Every company should do unlockables the Rock Band way: a code to unlock all parts essential in the game (characters for fighters, tracks for RB), and it disables saving/achievements for people who enjoy unlockables.

Tizoc

It's still a dumb archaic thing in this age, but I guess it doesn't matter too much in this game since I doubt it'll be competitive. (I would love to be surprised though! :D)
I'll agree to that, yeah it's archiac yet there's some fun in unlocking stuff in games.
If anything, single player should have unlockable characters for their story mode, whereas multi should have everyone unlocked.

Tizoc

OH! MY! GOD! My Amiami order is processing :D

EDIT: MY BROTHER MESSAGED ME THAT MY ORDER WAS SHIPPED!
DISCO SHABON PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
buraboo.jpg

Sakujou

Banned
Going to buy this of course. I thnk this game will be even greater than asuras wrath....

This game looks so delicious...

So many games to play!

Dunno if I can justify the money for the limited edition. Looks so good but that price. And I want it so bad... will need to sleep on it. Need to get the game at least!

JKTrix

My AmiAmi order is confirmed and paid, woo. First time I'm using them, have used Play-Asia and NCSX for years.

Too bad I leave for a week of military duty just when I expect this to arrive.

Tizoc

My AmiAmi order is confirmed and paid, woo. First time I'm using them, have used Play-Asia and NCSX for years.

Too bad I leave for a week of military duty just when I expect this to arrive.

Did they mention when it's expected to arrive to your address/mail?

jgminto

I started reading SBR recently and now I'm REALLY FREAKIN' PISSED that Diego isn't a playable character! I MEAN C'MON HOW CAN YOU NOT!?

Hey can someone tell me the button layout and commands for this game? It looks really promising and want to learn more about the system, hopefully it's similar to the CPS3 game.

This fansite has all the commands and button layouts. It will also update with movelists for each character and translations of menus as the game releases.

Much appreciated! Judging from the info it keeps the basic principles of most traditional fighting games! Which has me excited, I can't wait to see some high level matches now, or do some myself.

I'm glad to see a game with CC2 Visuals that isn't a mechanical bore!

Tusk

I hope I get my order from nippon. I heard they tend to cancel orders sometimes. :c

Really hyped for this game, though. I'm really curious as to what the story mode will be like.

Astarte

Story mode details. It's just a black screen with text with maybe some cutscenes on the side...3 pucci fights.

The only thing "unconventional" about the story is the amount of text you'll be hit with.

Narrator is voiced by Toru Okawa (same one from Anime)

Phantom Blood (4)
- Jonathan vs Zeppeli
- Zeppeli vs Jonathan
- Zeppeli vs Dio
- Jonathan vs Dio (Unlock Dio)

Part 2 (7)
- Joseph vs Caesar
- Joseph vs Wammu
- Joseph vs Esidisi (Unlock Esidisi)
- Caesar vs Wammu
- Joseph vs Wammu (Unlock Wammu)
- Joseph vs Kars
- Joseph vs Ultimate Kars (Unlock Kars)

*Stroheim appears

Part 3 (10)
- Jotaro vs Abdul (Unlock Abdul)
- Jotaro vs Kakyoin
- Abdul vs Polnareff (Unlock Polnareff)
- Abdul vs Hol Horse
- Polnareff vs Hol Horse
- Polnareff vs Hol Horse (Can't use J Geil's move) (Unlock Hol Horse)
- Kakyoin vs DIO
- Jotaro vs DIO
- Polnareff vs DIO
- Jotaro vs DIO (Unlock DIO)

Part 4 (8)
- Josuke vs Okuyasu
- Okuyasu vs Otoishi
- Otoishi vs Josuke (Unlock Otoishi)
- Koichi vs Rohan (Unlock Koichi)
- Okuyasu vs Rohan
- Josuke vs Rohan (Unlock Rohan)
- Josuke vs Kawajiri
- Josuke vs Kawajiri (Unlock Kawajiri)

*Old Joseph appears. Voiced by Sugita

Part 5 (3)
- Giorno vs Bruno (Unlock Mista)
- Bruno vs Diavolo (Unlock Narancia)
- Giorno (Requiem) vs Diavolo (Unlock Diavolo)

*Ciacolatta appears

Part 6 (3)
- Jolyne vs Pucci
- Jolyne vs Pucci
- Jolyne vs Pucci

Part 7 (4)
- Johnny vs Gyro
- Gyro vs Johnny
- Gyro vs Valentine
- Johnny vs Valentine (Unlock Valentine)

*Diego Brando appears. Voiced by Takehito Koyasu

Part 8 (8)
- Gappy vs Jonathan
- Gappy vs Joseph
- Gappy vs Jotaro
- Gappy vs Josuke
- Gappy vs Giorno
- Gappy vs Jolyne
- Gappy vs Johnny
- Gappy vs Gappy

*Joshuu and Yasuho appears

More info

- After clearing Story Mode, you unlock "Another Battle" where the controlling character and opponent character are reversed. (aka Dio vs Jonathan)

Part 7
- When character collects three corpse parts, they receive following bonus:

Johnny : Faster reload on nail bullet
Gyro : Golden Spin mode
Valentine: Love Train (increased defense)

- Valentine can spend three bars to bring himself from other universe, healing him completely

I was gonna go straight to training but I guess I'll just grind through Story Mode. Hope it doesn't take too long.

I lol'd at Part 6. Jolyne vs Pucci for all of them

Astarte

If he and Old Joseph aren't upcoming DLC characters, I'd be surprised. Especially if character models for them already exist.

The character models don't exist as far as story mode goes. It's just voices. Straight up, nothing but text with character voices.

SykoTech

Haven't kept up with this much, but nice to hear that it has light, medium, and heavy attack buttons. While the Naruto Storm games are gorgeous, they can get boring pretty quickly since Circle is basically the only attack button. I thought Jojo going to be the same since CyberConnect 2 is behind this as well.

That gets me more interested.

TreIII

The character models don't exist as far as story mode goes. It's just voices. Straight up, nothing but text with character voices.

Ah, I see.

Disappointing, but I'm still hoping that they may be indeed DLC later on down the line. They could ride this puppy for a good while, assuming they're not already thinking of a sequel or expansion 6-12 months later.

Haven't kept up with this much, but nice to hear that it has light, medium, and heavy attack buttons. While the Naruto Storm games are gorgeous, they can get boring pretty quickly since Circle is basically the only attack button. I thought Jojo going to be the same since CyberConnect 2 is behind this as well.

That gets me more interested.

Yeah this is more of a traditional fighter than their Naruto games. It's got chain combos, roman cancels, and even OTGs. I doubt it'll be super deep or technical but it sounds a lot better than what I was expecting when it was announced.

Looks like Jolyne has 4 alt costumes. I wonder how many there are in this game.

Yup, seems I'll be skipping through the story mode as fast as possible. I was hoping for some cutscenes at least, so I would have some understanding of what is going on :(

I bet there will be a translation day one.

Anyway I just got a buttload of money and I'm able to get this game. Time to dance. What's the fastest way? Digital?

INTERESTING!
http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=159881#p159881
Fatty, ex kira,
r Nero Anasazi and vanilla ice voice actors not listed

I can understand Fatty and Kira not being listed, but are Risotto, Anasui and Vanilla Ice in the story mode though? Because if they didn't bother making them a part of the story then why would they be in the credits in the first place?

Yup, seems I'll be skipping through the story mode as fast as possible. I was hoping for some cutscenes at least, so I would have some understanding of what is going on :(

As a Jojo fan you should already know exactly what's going on though :V

Top Bottom