• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Thud

Oh wow he looks amazinghere. https://twitter.com/NOJAMMAN/status/748861133700804608
CmR9GuEVIAEyHzs.jpg:small

It just misses Death Note on the sketchpad.

cntr

Banned
It didn't even know it was Holly's stand that was killing her. When did they state that? And Josuke was alive during part 3?
Right at the beginning of SC, episode 3.

Josuke was born about 5 years before Part 3 by the date mentioned in episode 1, and Jotaro talks about his 50 day illness, the same as Holly's.

cntr

Banned
There's a JRPG fangame called the 7th Stand User, based on Part 3. It has a translation, google it.

it has spoilers for Part 4 and on though

D-Man

The new intro is cool as hell. It really fits the events of this arc of the story.

Fantastic episode yet again.

cntr

Banned
I'm still rewatching the OP and looking at all the details, jfc

the animation is so good, and I think I can like the song

Edit: in particular, the shot with
Yukako looking like Cousin It with a spoilers character

jett

D-Member
I prefer the original OP song.

Episode was great, dat berserker rage.

p.s. that dog in the title is totally going to die an unspeakably horrific death isn't it

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There are so many blatant spoilers in the new opening, even if it's not quite on the same level as Battle Tendency's op heavily foreshadowing Caesar's death.

I need links to the OP like now.
Edit:nvm found it.
Liking the
Killer Queen imagery
for obvious reasons. Don't know what everything else means. Song is better then the last, but it's just kind of a generic anime opening song. Like something you could put into any other shonen anime. Looks like Bloody stream and Stand Proud are still on top.

McFadge

I like the OP more than the old one.

Regarding this episode,
I guess we're doing time travel at some point?

Coming off the fact I marathoned the first three parts of this anime adaption late last year I thought waiting for one episode each week would be near torturous but so far this has been great and something to really look forward to each friday.

Mainly though I'm here just to state that I enjoyed the shit out of that last two parter.

cntr

Banned
that fucking episode

greato again

Best parts: the timer, the fancy effects, the cheesy storytime, rohan's entire defeat, and the goddamn OP with Sono Chi No Kioku levels of foreshadowing

TWILT

Banned
Man, the new OP song looks really cool visually. Still not sold on the song yet (I love CNBT), but I'm sure it'll grow on me. Definitely has this Shonen feel and I think it fits in this arc of Part 4.

The episode itself was great as always. I love Josuke's backstory about his hair so much lol.

yooooo

The storyboarding was the best its ever been this episode

The art took a big bump

The OP song straight out of the late 90s

Way more visually interesting

Sasuga david pro

PK Gaming

New OP hype.

The episode itself was really well done too. I remember this fight being fairly short, but they managed to have it span an entire episode and it didn't feel dragged out at all. Poor Rohan, the ass beating was vicious (but oh so hilarious)

New OP owns. Hand motif is awesome. I cannot overstate how awesome this episode was in every way. This may be no hyperbole the best shonen adaptation ever - easily up there with Yu Yu Hakusho. Just utterly fantastic in every way. For a two parter about a manga artist to be so visually interesting is just *italian chef kissing his fingers*

silva1991

I finished part1(first 9 episodes) and didn't like it much

I started episode 10 yesterday and production value seems much higher(me likey)

I have to say I much prefer the new guy over older Jojo and I hope the pacing is improved.

Tizoc

IeQiwg7.jpg

Gr1shTw.jpg

I finished part1(first 9 episodes) and didn't like it much

I started episode 10 yesterday and production value seems much higher(me likey)

I have to say I much prefer the new guy over older Jojo and I hope the pacing is improved.

Keep at it! Watch the show for the crazy ish that happens, and rest assured by the time you catch up to this Part 4 anime adaptation you will see the animation quality greatly increase.

Neoxon

This was a fantastic episode. Great animation, great moments, a great new OP, & I kinda teared up during the flashback. David Production is on top of their game right now.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My god. This episode was so fucking awesome. The animation in particular was a big step up from last week's for sure. Also, that new OP omg. So much awesome stuff in it.

That new OP looks so awesome visually, and the song reminds me of 2000s action anime like everyone else lol. I think it's a good OP, gotta rewatch it just for all the little teases they crammed in it.

And today's episode was pretty good pacing wise, I look forward to next week!

Betty

Banned
No lies this episode elevated part 4 for me, seeing another connection to Stardust Crusaders as well as learning more about Josuke was really impactful.

Not sold on the OP song though, but the imagery is excellent.

Top Bottom