• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Permanently A

Watching this show with my mom and little brother is a really fun experience. My mom doesn't watch TV outside of soaps and stuff, so shit like Chili Pepper goading Okuyasu into cutting the electrical wires blows her mind.

Watching this show with my mom and little brother is a really fun experience. My mom doesn't watch TV outside of soaps and stuff, so shit like Chili Pepper goading Okuyasu into cutting the electrical wires blows her mind.
That's awesome, I wish my family would be interested in this stuff.

turmoil

Banned

Cool, I can't even make my friends watch jojo

unfewQy.jpg

It must have been overWhamling !

Madao

it still cracks me up that everyone treats Koichi like he's a grade schooler. even his sister talks like he's in grade school.

Permanently A

how did you get your mom to watch jojo if she only watches soaps

I wasn't trying to get her into it, I was watching Pet Shop vs Iggy on the tv with my brother and she just started watching and liked it

she got pretty mad at SC's ending lol. "what kind of story ends with all the heroes dying!?"

Ezalc

I wasn't trying to get her into it, I was watching Pet Shop vs Iggy on the tv with my brother and she just started watching and liked it

she got pretty mad at SC's ending lol. "what kind of story ends with all the heroes dying!?"

The kind that isn't afraid to show that not everybody survives all the time.

jgminto

Can someone remind/explain to me why Hazamada is all buddy-buddy with Koichi despite how evil he was? He made someone stab themselves in the eyeball with a pen.
That's how Koichi is, he's a kindhearted person. He gave Tatami a second chance even after what he put him and his family through.

I think we need a published collection of Araki's thoughts and musings.

For a dude who is all about violence and body horror, his author notes and such are surprisingly adorable and generally super humble and funny.

"I must be the only one who cares, but I often nearly drown myself. Not in the sea or in a river, no, I narrowly escape death drinking a glass of water. I only need a mouthful of water to suffocate, and I find myself unable to breathe. Generally, if I stay calm, I manage to get my breath back little by little, but recently, I almost passed out. That was a close one. That day, I miraculously escaped death, to everyone's indifference."

"In my childhood, I heard the following kinds of rumors about being a cartoonist.
Cartoonists secretly keep a real handgun in their basements.
They can just ask anyone to get naked when they're drawing models of men or women.
There's a person who just gives out ideas and can give them from anywhere in the world.
Every fourth day of the week, they're night shift is spent golfing and playing on a yacht.

How much truth is there in all this? I can't tell you."

"Here is the top 5 of my favorite toys

1. Phosphorescent skeleton (When it shines at night, it feels like I'm in a fairy tale.)

2. Bouncing ball (This piece of rubber took me into a science-fiction universe.)

3. Resident Evil(Playstation) (It's so great!)

4. A Thunderbird II model (I love the design and I find that the container's conception was very clever! I really had the impression I could go anywhere with this.)

5. Lego or Mega Bloks (I spent whole days assembling and disassembling the piece to make new models. I think that Lego is the Western philosophy in its entirety.)"

cntr

Banned
Was Koichi talking to Jotaro on the boat the first time we've seen the heroes talk through their stand?
Nope, that was introduced way back with Deep Blue Moon.

But it's the first time we someone use a long range stand to convey messages; that's why Koichi used ACT 1.

Nope, that was introduced way back with Deep Blue Moon.

But it's the first time we someone use a long range stand to convey messages; that's why Koichi used ACT 1.
Lol I don't even remember what deep blue moon is. I know it's the water stand, but I can't remember anything about that episode

did she even have a name

Edit: lmao I just searched up "Jojo girl" and Google immediately knew who I was thinking of with the first result.

Yep. A bit of an odd character, she just drops off. I wonder if Araki ever explained in an interview what was originally planned for her.

She was obviously gonna be the Speedwagon/Poco/Smokey of Part 3 but I don't think Araki knew what to do with her. It really seems like an editor pushing him to add a similar character, but she keeps disappearing (probably because he had no ideas for her) and the editor probably kept pushing. That's what I would guess.

Madao

She was obviously gonna be the Speedwagon/Poco/Smokey of Part 3 but I don't think Araki knew what to do with her. It really seems like an editor pushing him to add a similar character, but she keeps disappearing (probably because he had no ideas for her) and the editor probably kept pushing. That's what I would guess.

with the kind of enemies that came later, she would've been a dead weight mostly. she would have been caught in most Enemy Stand schemes instead of the heroes since she can't see them and she's an easy target for bad guys (and some of them looked like pervs that would prey on her).
if they had plans to make her a Stand User later, she could have added something but the way to awaken Stands wasn't created until Part 4 so even that was hard to write in at that point.

Top Bottom