• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

0KAdoac.png

What an amazing moment lool

Astral

I'm sold on the OP song after repeated listens, so give it some time if you're on the fence

It gives me chills. It reminds me why I love Part 4. Both the song and the visuals capture the theme of the coming arc so well. It's perfect. It's definitely tied with Sono Chi no Kioku as my favorite for the hype and foreshadowing alone.

Philippo

That OP.
It's not epic or fabulous as all the previous ones, but it fits so well with the whole 90s shonen thing, i love it.
And that last shot was pure hype.
That fucking OP.

Yeah, the tone of the new OP fits well because most of the friendly people have now been met and things are about to get much darker with the first real appearance of the person making breakfast in the first minute of the first episode. If the first half of the season was like SDC's journey to Egypt, this is like trying to get to Cairo.

Setsu00

I usually don't watch JoJo's, but I stumbled upon the new intro and I kept laughing since it sounds like singer was screaming "SCHEISSE" (German for "shit") whenever he actually said "CHASE".

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
In terms of intros, I'd rank them
2>1>3>5>6>4

I expect the ending to change as well, within the next 5 or so episodes.

So Rohan could easily beat the Pillar Men, right? Provided they've read any of his manuscripts?

He can prevent any attacks, then just tear out pages.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the Superman problem. Could Superman beat Batman? Yes, easily. But he never would. Not with his full strength.

Rohan, if confronted with the Pillar Men, would just read about their adventures forever and draw their poses.

Madao

So Rohan could easily beat the Pillar Men, right? Provided they've read any of his manuscripts?

that depends if the pages carry the Pillar Men's ability to melt people or not.

if the pages are harmless, he wins. if not, then they'd need something else to tear them.

Matsukaze

I mean, Wham can just blast him to kingdom come from a distance with gales, ACDC can sear him with boiling blood, and Kars can catch him off-guard with the dazzling light of his sabers then swoop in for a kill. I don't think it would ever get to the point they would be reading pages.

It's not that Rohan couldn't win. I just can't imagine it would be easy unless the Pillar Men decide to just act like idiots... which is possible, admittedly.

Squishy3

The comedic timing was just excellent in this episode. The quick cuts between Koichi opening/closing the door, Okuyasu saying "Suicide by self-immolation... like I'd do that" as his hand just slides in and flicks the lighter on, etc.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
If Bleach the anime still existed and hadn't failed so badly, I could see JoJo's new OP being on a new season of Bleach.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Wait did Bleach anime actually get cancelled? I thought that show was as popular as Bleach/Naruto in Japan?

Yep, still stuck at episode 366 from a few years ago(pretty much cancelled). It was popular at first, but for some reason people hated Bleach fillers a ton more than Naruto fillers (even though I enjoyed them for creating original content, unlike Naruto fillers where they show old footage and repeat storylines). Also, the show lost a huge ton of interest/viewership with the most recent season after the final
Aizen
conflict.

It's unfortunate because I hear the stuff after gets pretty interesting in the manga and I wanted to see it in animated form.

Yep, still stuck at episode 366 from a few years ago(pretty much cancelled). It was popular at first, but for some reason people hated Bleach fillers a ton more than Naruto fillers (even though I enjoyed them for creating original content, unlike Naruto fillers where they show old footage and repeat storylines). Also, the show lost a huge ton of interest/viewership with the most recent season after the final
Aizen
conflict.

It's unfortunate because I hear the stuff after gets pretty interesting in the manga and I wanted to see it in animated form.

if by interesting you mean unbelievably terrible then yes

Man I feel like I'm in bizarro world not liking Part 4 all that much, the anime continues to be ace but I just don't find any of the scenarios or characters as enjoyable as anything from part 3. I love it animation/music wise, but story wise this is probably my least favorite part of JoJo.

Astral

Man I feel like I'm in bizarro world not liking Part 4 all that much, the anime continues to be ace but I just don't find any of the scenarios or characters as enjoyable as anything from part 3. I love it animation/music wise, but story wise this is probably my least favorite part of JoJo.

I think you mentioned you didn't like how the stakes didn't seem as high as they were on Part 3 right? Part 4 has a slow start but after next week it'll become more focused.

It's better in every way compared to 1-3.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Small spoilers.
He can't. The guy just looked like Josuke. That's literally it. Notice it's a different uniform.

More on that, and about the rest of the part.
Yep. If they were going to do a time travel plot, they dropped it. It really is just a guy who looked like Josuke. It is never explained or fleshed out.

As a sidenote, this is not the only thing from part 4 like this. A bunch of plot threads are never fleshed out/finished, and it really does seem like the story got cut short

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
if by interesting you mean unbelievably terrible then yes

Even if a series ends with a fizzle instead of a bang, the worst thing to happen to it is not finishing at all.

It's better in every way compared to 1-3.

I'd personally rank them(best to least best since they're all great):

4 is not the worst by far, as it's been a really fun ride until now. However as of now in my view it is outclassed by its predecessors. I'd almost rank 1 at the top for the mere reason that it felt much tighter in pacing with the story, thus feeling like a well written book instead of 'villain of the week' like 3 and 4 have felt.

I agree with you.

jgminto

The new OP was great, though it did feel like more of a Gintama OP than previous Jojo ones. The animations were undeniably brilliant though.

Episode 15

Yay. New OP. Visually, it looks awesome, though I'm not completely sold on the song yet. I will listen to it a couple more times, to see if it grows on me, since Sono Chi No Kioku started out as my least favourite OP song, before jumping ahead of Stand Proud to 3rd place (and would have been higher if Bloody Stream, No. 1, and Sono Chi No Sadame, No.2 weren't so amazing.)

As for the episode, it was great seeing Rohan get his ass kicked. The comedic timing for this one was great, and complemented the horror aspects found in the first part. I loved the "Pink Dark Boy is on hiatus" at the end. It was also nice seeing the Josuke flashback, and I admit, I didn't expect them to do it silent-movie style. I thought not hearing the boy speak worked in this case, though.

Another great episode.

Breads

Banned
I am so jealous of the newer Jojo fans experiencing these stories for the first time.

I also feel vindicated that my favorite parts (2 and 4) are so well received.

Coming off of the heels of the new Berserk adaptation I now fully realize how fortunate we are that DiU is as good as it is.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I am so jealous of the newer Jojo fans experiencing these stories for the first time.

I also feel vindicated that my favorite parts (2 and 4) are so well received.

Coming off of the heels of the new Berserk adaptation I now fully realize how fortunate we are that DiU is as good as it is.

David Pro is a gift to all Jojo fans. So glad they are doing these series. I personally can't wait to everything finally get animated.

SBR is going to set gaf on fire.

Top Bottom