• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Matsukaze

Coming off of the heels of the new Berserk adaptation I now fully realize how fortunate we are that DiU is as good as it is.
I plan on watching Berserk and JoJo back to back on Fridays. This way, the high quality of the latter will wash away the disappointments of the former and I'll feel less like crucifying Berserk.

cntr

Banned
It's the Superman problem. Could Superman beat Batman? Yes, easily. But he never would. Not with his full strength.

Rohan, if confronted with the Pillar Men, would just read about their adventures forever and draw their poses.
In general, almost every stand would let you take over the world is used by a perfectly rational person.

Which is why every person in Jojo is bonkers insane.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Coming off of the heels of the new Berserk adaptation I now fully realize how fortunate we are that DiU is as good as it is.

As much as people dislike the new Berserk(myself included) especially in the OT, the one thing it has going for it is pretty decent sound design. His sword sounds exactly like what I would imagine a giant slab of metal hitting anything in its path, sounds like.

Madao

More on that, and about the rest of the part.
Yep. If they were going to do a time travel plot, they dropped it. It really is just a guy who looked like Josuke. It is never explained or fleshed out.

As a sidenote, this is not the only thing from part 4 like this. A bunch of plot threads are never fleshed out/finished, and it really does seem like the story got cut short

those dropped threads should be the first thing to get cut if they need time later. no harm since they won't go anywhere anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
what's a duwang

One of the many horrible translations in the only english version of the manga that existed for a number of years. This image shows off a number of them:
bUlWo32.jpg

The middle panel on the the bottom with okuyasu is the "translation" of one of the lines from this episode.

The new OP is great! Filled to burst with so many teasers and the song is good too.

I was just about to make a similar post. I am only now appreciating how much love the people making this have for the source material and how faithful of an adaption it is.

I think one of my favorite little quick lines in the fight is Okuyasu mentioning that Yukako would totally be useful because she'd go crazy trying to save Koichi and Koichi is all like "Yeah, she'd totally win with her hair! but I really don't want to see her"

She actually would, she'd probably be just like Josuke where she'd be blind with rage, making Heaven's Door useless.

Neoxon

David Pro is a gift to all Jojo fans. So glad they are doing these series. I personally can't wait to everything finally get animated.

SBR is going to set gaf on fire.
That's if they don't stop at Part 6 (back in the Part 1 OP, they only had manga panels up to Jolyne). Hopefully they'll continue to Parts 7 & 8.

Also, is Rohan voiced by Cloud?

As much as I reaaally loved the flashback scene, I always felt its placement was a bit awkward. It would've been better had Koichi asked about the hair AFTER the rohan beatdown, instead of "But I didn't know Josuke, the same guy who turned someone into a fucking ROCK, got that mad. Oh whoops, forgot its his saviour's hair".

TheOGB

Banned
Dat new shonen-as-hell OP. I don't even know who 99% of these new people are but all this teasing has got me hyped.

Episode was hilarious. I wish I could draw as quickly and accurately as Rohan (minus the spider licking and ass whooping). Josuke's backstory had me shook for a moment. I was like "Wait, just from what I know of Part 4 from social osmosis, I'm pretty sure there's no time to get into how Josuke traveled back in time and saved his own life," lol.

Most times; a character going into a berserker rage is treated as this dramatic thing but Josuke stomping around the room tossing furniture everywhere like he was reenacting that one scene from The Room was hilarious.

Thud

Most times; a character going into a berserker rage is treated as this dramatic thing but Josuke stomping around the room tossing furniture everywhere like he was reenacting that one scene from The Room was hilarious.

One of the best. Always laugh at the television throwing.

Playsage

As much as I reaaally loved the flashback scene, I always felt its placement was a bit awkward. It would've been better had Koichi asked about the hair AFTER the rohan beatdown, instead of "But I didn't know Josuke, the same guy who turned someone into a fucking ROCK, got that mad. Oh whoops, forgot its his saviour's hair".
Iirc, Koichi doesn't know about how the creepy Rock was made

silva1991

Just finished part 2(so gooood)

but man does every season take place 50 years later from each season? I loved second Jojo so much I can't believe I will probably not see him in action in part 3

My favorite protagonist in part 3 is Wammu easily.

Neoxon

I am so jealous of the newer Jojo fans experiencing these stories for the first time.

I also feel vindicated that my favorite parts (2 and 4) are so well received.

Yup, David Production truly cares about JoJo. We should be blessed that they're the ones handling the franchise.

Betty

Banned

but man does every season take place 50 years later from each season? I loved second Jojo so much I can't believe I will probably not see him in action in part 3

Calling Joseph second Jojo is blasphemy!

And my favourite antagonist from part 2 is Kars for sure.

Also whoever recommended reading part 7 manga was a champ, it's so good.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

No, but every part has a timeskip. Part 4 takes place 10 years after part 3, for example.

Joseph returns in part 3, and he still does some stuff, just not as much as in part 2.
Wammu is best pillar man.

The finger pointing shot in the opening is from one of the volume covers

eM1OLgq.jpg

Which is also a reference to the cover to Pearl Jam's album Ten

delume

Just started watching the first season (7 episodes in) and I have no idea of how what I am watching connects to some of the crazy images I have seen or the demo for the game I recently tried. This is grade A madness and I like it.

Neoxon

Thank fuck this franchise is being treated with respect, just look at what continues to happen with Berserk adaptions...
Exactly. You can tell that the guys at David Production are having a grand ol' time adapting JoJo, so much so that I hope they don't stop at Part 6 (we need an adaptation of Steel Ball Run).

Mista Koo

Fantastic episode with great animations and cuts. The timer moment in particular was amazing. This the first time we got a repeat of the previous episode events though, right?
The opening music is boring and generic for Jojo.

yeah Takahiro Sakurai is voicing rohan
I thought his voice was familiar when Rohan first spoke, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Turns out it was because I've watched 10+(?) shows with him in it.

Squishy3

The real pain is playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions alongside this airing since Josuke's VA voices one of the main characters in that

Fandangox

Just started watching the first season (7 episodes in) and I have no idea of how what I am watching connects to some of the crazy images I have seen or the demo for the game I recently tried. This is grade A madness and I like it.

There's a total of 8 JoJo parts with the 8th part still on going. Each part gets progressively crazier.

So I've watched the new OP a bunch of times now(purely because I love it) and without going into specifics I think I figured out what the deal is with the hand we saw in the opening of the first episode. I'll see soon enough if I'm right or not.

Pure speculation on my end:
The guy at the end of the OP had a wife/lover who died, the only thing that remained of her was her hand, now there's something with him and hands(thus the extreme amounts of hand imagery).

No actual spoilers above unless I'm right by coincidence.

Edit: Oh, and don't tell me if I'm close or not, I don't want to know.

Top Bottom