• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

No, but every part has a timeskip. Part 4 takes place 10 years after part 3, for example.

Joseph returns
in part 3,
and he still does some stuff, just not as much as in part 2.

Wammu is best pillar man.

Couldn't you just hold back a little and let the guy watch the very next episode and see the cast of part 3 himself? Just because first time watchers like to think out loud in this thread doesn't mean they're asking for people to confirm/deny everything.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't you just hold back a little and let the guy watch the very next episode and see the cast of part 3 himself? Just because first time watchers like to think out loud in this thread doesn't mean they're asking for people to confirm/deny everything.

Joseph showing up in the airport
is the stinger scene at the end of the part 2 anime so I figured that it wasn't really a spoiler to say that
he would be in part 3
, sorry.

So I've watched the new OP a bunch of times now(purely because I love it) and without going into specifics I think I figured out what the deal is with the hand we saw in the opening of the first episode. I'll see soon enough if I'm right or not.

Pure speculation on my end:
The guy at the end of the OP had a wife/lover who died, the only thing that remained of her was her hand, now there's something with him and hands(thus the extreme amounts of hand imagery).

No actual spoilers above unless I'm right by coincidence.

Edit: Oh, and don't tell me if I'm close or not, I don't want to know.

I'm glad the anime is as good as it is to allow speculation like this. I don't think the manga had these kinds of teases because I'm pretty sure Araki was half-making up shit as he went along but seeing people discussing future events is something I'm glad to witness without time traveling to 1990s Japan :)

I can't wait for DiU to end so we can get Vento Aureo and David Pro realizes the true potential of Part 5~ It's gonna be so fun seeing everyone's speculations in that part.

Also, something I noticed about JoJo is each part gets progressively more and more bizarre than the last. Reading through part 5 enlightened me that Araki pretty much has no limits.

Have I mentioned I like part 5

silva1991

Calling Joseph second Jojo is blasphemy!

And my favourite antagonist from part 2 is Kars for sure.

Also whoever recommended reading part 7 manga was a champ, it's so good.

Lol I keep forgetting their names and to me they are Jojo, Jojo 2.0 etc

part 3 is good so far except for...
more fucking Dio.

Breads

Banned
I'm glad the anime is as good as it is to allow speculation like this. I don't think the manga had these kinds of teases because I'm pretty sure Araki was half-making up shit as he went along but seeing people discussing future events is something I'm glad to witness without time traveling to 1990s Japan :)

I can't wait for DiU to end so we can get Vento Aureo and David Pro realizes the true potential of Part 5~ It's gonna be so fun seeing everyone's speculations in that part.

Also, something I noticed about JoJo is each part gets progressively more and more bizarre than the last. Reading through part 5 enlightened me that Araki pretty much has no limits.

Have I mentioned I like part 5
The only thing I have to say about part 5 is
speculation is a waste of time. There is ABSOLUTELY NO GOD DAMN WAY you can deduce what is coming. I still don't understand some of what went on or why was it necessary outside of being aggressively weird.

I do want one change though and considering what they've done with Iggy they might actually do it: I want more Fugo.

Nah the ED is fine and should stay.

Also its constructed to fill with more and more characters after time that its really unlikely to get a new one soon and if its gonna be at the end of the show maybe.
The finale will probably be Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, which will be perfect, imo.

Visually the current ED is fine, but I don't really care for the song.

Moaradin

Awesome episode. I'm absolutely loving this part so far. Each stand and user has been very interesting and it seems like they aren't one and done characters like they were in previous parts which I like a lot. Hopefully we see more of this Rohan guy because he's pretty awesome and his stand is cool.

The flashback explaining how Josuke got his hair was good shit and it has some interesting implications. These spoiler tags in this thread are scaring me though.

cntr

Banned
yeah Part 4 is different from the previous parts because the antagonists aren't evil minions of the final boss, they're random people being selfish

Crazy Diamond is selfless like Josuke by being unable to heal himself, The Hand is powerful but slow like Okuyasu, Echoes grows with Koichi, Love Deluxe is based on hair ( = beauty in Japan), The Lock lets Tamami be a conman, Surface lets Hazamada live out his fantasies of other people, Pearl Jam lets Tonio make good food and help people, and Heaven's Door lets Rohan write even more manga.

Mista Koo

Pure speculation on my end:
The guy at the end of the OP had a wife/lover who died, the only thing that remained of her was her hand, now there's something with him and hands(thus the extreme amounts of hand imagery).
pfZZmJR.png

(Not a Jojo character.)

I wonder how long it'll take for Okuyasu's stand to actually do something, all he's done is job so far, while we do need jobbers I'd like him(and Jotaro for that matter) actually have some cool stand battles. I wanna see Jotaro pull off some sick time stop moves but he's never actually in a fight.

Tall4Life

I wonder how long it'll take for Okuyasu's stand to actually do something, all he's done is job so far, while we do need jobbers I'd like him(and Jotaro for that matter) actually have some cool stand battles. I wanna see Jotaro pull off some sick time stop moves but he's never actually in a fight.

He was pretty important in the RHCP fight. He didn't ultimately beat him but he had him on the ropes.

cntr

Banned
Oh yeah since some people are confused by this, and it isn't explained in the series:

S City is a major city in M Prefecture; Morioh is a rural commuter town near it. Morioh is based on Araki's hometown of Sendai, in Miyagi prefecture.

I thought it was (haven't watched all of it) but the art style looked different from what I've seen so far. Gotta keep watching I guess!
they changed the art to Jojo art for the scene

yeah Part 4 is different from the previous parts because the antagonists aren't evil minions of the final boss, they're random people being selfish

Crazy Diamond is selfless like Josuke by being unable to heal himself, The Hand is powerful but slow like Okuyasu, Echoes grows with Koichi, Love Deluxe is based on hair ( = beauty in Japan), The Lock lets Tamami be a conman, Surface lets Hazamada live out his fantasies of other people, Pearl Jam lets Tonio make good food and help people, and Heaven's Door lets Rohan write even more manga.
PKueei0.jpg

Squishy3

Is there a behind the scenes thing of the OPs somewhere? If I had to guess that's from the BDs.

Honestly reminds me of what the Guilty Gear XRD models look like when they aren't seen at their intended angles:

So I guess there's already some rough translations of the new opening, and yeah, I think it fits pretty well

My most precious things seem about to be stolen,
By a demon that's burrowed into my everyday life;
My peaceful moments have already collapsed
Being unconcerned, so nonchalant,
Before I even noticed, it'd been torn away...
If I'm gonna get it back, I have to act right away !
With the sharpness of a piercing arrow,
These colliding hearts are a thing of beauty !
I'll chase you anywhere
I'll chase you anytime
You know I'll chase you
There is no escape
Start running, chase you
Again tomorrow, chase you
Until I've kicked your god damn ass
Victory is decided by your demise
So I'll chase you

Neoxon

So I guess there's already some rough translations of the new opening, and yeah, I think it fits pretty well

My most precious things seem about to be stolen,
By a demon that's burrowed into my everyday life;
My peaceful moments have already collapsed
Being unconcerned, so nonchalant,
Before I even noticed, it'd been torn away...
If I'm gonna get it back, I have to act right away !
With the sharpness of a piercing arrow,
These colliding hearts are a thing of beauty !
I'll chase you anywhere
I'll chase you anytime
You know I'll chase you
There is no escape
Start running, chase you
Again tomorrow, chase you
Until I've kicked your god damn ass
Victory is decided by your demise
So I'll chase you
Goddamn, they put a lot of thought into this opening. I'm loving it more & more.

silva1991

Season 2 is such a masterpiece and I'm still not done with it

-great drawings
-fantastic events and characters
RIP Mohammed Abdul :(
-superb colurs and animations
-high quality

Enyaba is one of my favorite characters

tumblr_n8k941yxmm1toibgto1_500.gif

Fandangox

Speaking of the opening, aside from the "black and white" segment, my favorite is the beginning where it shows a closeup of all the characters looping except Koichi because he is too short and it'd change the perspective.

So no enemy in Part 4 is stronger than either Dio, Vanilla Ice and Pet Shop?

By brute force? Probably not. Through other means? Dio probably wins if he doesn't let his vanity get the best of him, but that's his main flaw so.. Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice could probably be outmaneuvered and defeated.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I mean Stand strength is relative here.

Ex. The Hand is mostly on par with Cream, it's just that Okuyasu is too stupid to use it to its highest potential during his fight with Josuke. RHCP is one of the strongest Stands in the franchise based on its stats. etc.

By brute force? Probably not. Through other means? Dio probably wins if he doesn't let his vanity get the best of him, but that's his main flaw so.. Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice could probably be outmaneuvered and defeated.
I could probably see Cream and Pet Shop killing Koichi during the fight. I mean I'm pretty sure he'd mainly be used for diversion tactics though since it's not really much of a battle stand.
Just show any of them this and they're done:

latest
This a reference to anything in the last two eps that I haven't seen cause I have no internet at home still?

cntr

Banned
So far, we have: a stand that can repair anything but does it wrong if the user is pissed off, a stand that can stop time, a stand that can erase anything but is limited by stupidity, a toy soldier army that was tougher than the previous stand, an egg, a stand that spawns locks on people who feel guilty, a stand that throws sounds at people, a stand that possesses a wooden doll to create a copy of any person so accurate that it shits on its own user, infinitely growing prehensile hair, a stand that produces good food and body horror healing, a stand that can get infinitely strong with more electricity, an invisible baby that makes other things invisible when upset, and a stand that reads people like books.

Second part of that author note

"I was thinking about how strong enemies show up in manga. After them, an even stronger enemy shows up, and after them, an even stronger one... so what happens at the very end? It's kind of like thinking about the edges of the universe. Once you look about the world, you realize that what it really means to be a "strong" person is not to do bad things.
"An enemy who does bad things" is a person who has "a spiritual weakness," and what's truly scary is when someone takes that weakness and uses it to lash out against others."

Second part of that author note

"I was thinking about how strong enemies show up in manga. After them, an even stronger enemy shows up, and after them, an even stronger one... so what happens at the very end? It's kind of like thinking about the edges of the universe. Once you look about the world, you realize that what it really means to be a "strong" person is not to do bad things.
"An enemy who does bad things" is a person who has "a spiritual weakness," and what's truly scary is when someone takes that weakness and uses it to lash out against others."
I said that fully aware of that note. I was mainly asking about relative stand power.
So far, we have: a stand that can repair anything but does it wrong if the user is pissed off, a stand that can stop time, a stand that can erase anything but is limited by stupidity, a toy soldier army that was tougher than the previous stand, an egg, a stand that spawns locks on people who feel guilty, a stand that throws sounds at people, a stand that possesses a wooden doll to create a copy of any person so accurate that it shits on its own user, infinitely growing prehensile hair, a stand that produces good food and body horror healing, a stand that can get infinitely strong with more electricity, an invisible baby that makes other things invisible when upset, and a stand that reads people like books.
I have that weird feeling that these aren't even the more batshit stands.

Top Bottom