• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Blues1990

Jesus, Josuke is terrifying when he goes off the handle. I mean, he's pretty goofy when people make mild insults to his hairstyle, but Rohan didn't hold back & he got decimated for his brash actions.

petran79

Banned
I am waiting for arc 3, because there my favorite stand user appears, after Iggy and Pet Shop of course

Now waiting for next episode, which is perhaps the most gross in the whole manga

petran79

Banned
I think one of my favorite little quick lines in the fight is Okuyasu mentioning that Yukako would totally be useful because she'd go crazy trying to save Koichi and Koichi is all like "Yeah, she'd totally win with her hair! but I really don't want to see her"

She actually would, she'd probably be just like Josuke where she'd be blind with rage, making Heaven's Door useless.

Her Stand has the advantage that it does not rely on vision. She could stand at the front door and leave her hair tangle the whole house

Come on man. Why are you dropping hints and unwanted teasers/spoilers here.

spoiler pic did not work on click.But the whole OP is a huge spoiler anyway in contrast to OP1

Kurtofan

Her Stand has the advantage that it does not rely on vision. She could stand at the front door and leave her hair tangle the whole house

spoiler pic did not work on click.But the whole OP is a huge spoiler anyway in contrast to OP1

The OP is not a spoiler if you lack context.

petran79

Banned
You can see them fly back into his face when Rohan is defeated

Probably the manga Rohan was designing on Koichi's memories was completely erased as well.

that's different. That would have been very obvious. None of the stuff in the new op is an obvious spoiler.

Yes, having read the manga makes me more prejudiced. On the other hand I feel this is more like padding. They add character interactions not included in the manga. The better!

For future reference you guys are better off just pretending that things that haven't happened in the anime proper yet, don't exist.

It's worked out pretty well for me at least.

Fandangox

From what I've read so far, you could say this for every part except 2, and even then I'd make a strong argument for Stroheim stealing every scene he's in.

While true, the main difference is that unlike the other parts, part 5 doesn't have much else going for it aside from the JoJo buddy, but this is getting out of topic anyway.

ionitron

Man that new OP just reeks of mid 2000s anime for me, in the best way possible. I love it so much.

Also I fucking lost it in last week's episode when Rohan's timer went up, mostly because just the second before my boyfriend finished saying "How long has Josuke been running across the room?!" during Rohan's monoglogue. It was incredible.

Rohan's was done 100% perfectly, what a fantastic set of episodes.

Guess Who

Banned
E2npN7l.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I could go into detail on why everyone should accept part 5 as one of the best things in JoJo but this is not the thread for it.

One day, David Pro will show you all the truth.
I'm hoping David Pro can make part 6 great. The manga had poor pacing IMO, and was hard to follow the fights. A good anime adaptation could easily fix that.

Moaradin

I'm hoping David Pro can make part 6 great. The manga had poor pacing IMO, and was hard to follow the fights. A good anime adaptation could easily fix that.

The pacing for DiU has been great. 39 episodes seems to be the right way to do it. Hopefully they keep this pacing for the future parts.

SoulUnison

Banned
This might've been answered in the episode concerning it, but why can't Crazy Diamond fix Okuyasu's dad?

If it can repair grievous bodily damage and return things to their "previous" and "natural" states (like that plate of spaghetti,) why can't Mr. Nijimura be returned to his natural state of "not being infected with a DIO spore?"

This might've been answered in the episode concerning it, but why can't Crazy Diamond fix Okuyasu's dad?

If it can repair grievous bodily damage and return things to their "previous" and "natural" states (like that plate of spaghetti,) why can't Mr. Nijimura be returned to his natural state of "not being infected with a DIO spore?"

It's because his "natural state" is now "infected with a DIO spore." Crazy Diamond doesn't exactly fix things, it just returns them to the condition Josuke chooses which most of the time is the natural unharmed form unless you pissed him off. Even Crazy Diamond can't change the state of something, only its condition if that makes sense.

Ascheroth

I think what was said in the episode was that it's already been so long, that his current state has become his 'natural state' and so Crazy Diamond can't fix it because it's not broken.

Okuyasu's dad is technically "healthy" but mutated. He's completely fused with the DIO spore.

Guess Who

Banned
It's because his "natural state" is now "infected with a DIO spore." Crazy Diamond doesn't exactly fix things, it just returns them to the condition Josuke chooses which most of the time is the natural unharmed form unless you pissed him off. Even Crazy Diamond can't change the state of something, only its condition if that makes sense.

This isn't really a good explanation - why couldn't it revert him to a "not infected with a DIO spore" state? By what definition of "natural state" can a person's natural state ever be "infected with a DIO spore"?

I think what was said in the episode was that it's already been so long, that his current state has become his 'natural state' and so Crazy Diamond can't fix it because it's not broken.

I don't recall them saying anything about that in the episode.

With all this Crazy Diamond talk, I wonder if Josuke can use it on skeletons

He might be able to restore their skin and flesh and whatnot, but it's already been explicitly said he can't revive the dead.

cntr

Banned
Crazy Diamond can reverse damage. Broken glass, wounds, spaghetti, and asphalt are things that Josuke can revert.

But Josuke can't revert things that change naturally. He can't de-age someone or bring someone back to life. So Crazy Diamond wouldn't be able to change Dio back to a human, right? It wouldn't really make sense. Same thing with Okuyasu's dad.

Crazy Diamond can reverse damage. Broken glass, wounds, spaghetti, and asphalt are things that Josuke can revert.

But Josuke can't revert things that change naturally. He can't de-age someone or bring someone back to life. So Crazy Diamond wouldn't be able to change Dio back to a human, right? It wouldn't really make sense. Same thing with Okuyasu's dad.
But can Crazy Diamond revert Dio back to just his head leaving a headless Jonathan Joestar body? "My gains! WRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!! Shinjuka!! Shinjuka!!!"

Top Bottom