• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Second part of that author note

"I was thinking about how strong enemies show up in manga. After them, an even stronger enemy shows up, and after them, an even stronger one... so what happens at the very end? It's kind of like thinking about the edges of the universe. Once you look about the world, you realize that what it really means to be a "strong" person is not to do bad things.
"An enemy who does bad things" is a person who has "a spiritual weakness," and what's truly scary is when someone takes that weakness and uses it to lash out against others."

I'm only 5-6 eps in to DIU and I'm loving it just as much as SC for this very reason. It's not as Shounen esque in the power escalation, but it's rather intriguing to see the "flaws" that show in the heroes and villains via their stands.

I mean, even Josuke's stand shows how he is typically calm but prone to lashing out irrationally, hence why his power has the added aspect of being able to "repair" the mistakes he creates by acting out.

Guess Who

Banned
Crazy Diamond can reverse damage. Broken glass, wounds, spaghetti, and asphalt are things that Josuke can revert.

But Josuke can't revert things that change naturally. He can't de-age someone or bring someone back to life. So Crazy Diamond wouldn't be able to change Dio back to a human, right? It wouldn't really make sense. Same thing with Okuyasu's dad.

But what's the line between "damage" and "something that happened naturally"? Like, you could argue that aging is something that happens naturally over time, but why is "being injected with a spore" not "damage"?

PK Gaming

But what's the line between "damage" and "something that happened naturally"? Like, you could argue that aging is something that happens naturally over time, but why is "being injected with a spore" not "damage"?

If I recall correctly, the manga states that Crazy Diamond can't be used to cure illnesses.

So I think the spores would fall under a similar category (sort of like cancer).

cntr

Banned
It's hard to say what works, because Araki's Stand rules are vague and intuition-based, not well-defined and precise. It works for what we see in the series, but doesn't help with fans thinking out the edge-cases.

Siegcram

DIO's spores are similar to a genetic mutation. The dad has been fully possessed and they are now considered part of him.

Maybe Crazy Diamond could have intervened at an earlier stage of the "infection" but not after he has been comlpetely transformed.

When Josuke fixes something it uses the original pieces to reform it. He could reattach Okuyasu's arm because both the arm and Okuyasu still existed, just separated. Okuyasu's dad however is essentially all his "original" pieces, which have just been mutated. So Oku-dad is healthy and essentially a "new" person with all original parts. Hell, it's possible that he could rearrange him like he did the punk in episode 1, and he'd just "heal" back to normal. That's just speculation of course, but based on things they've shown.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's because his "natural state" is now "infected with a DIO spore." Crazy Diamond doesn't exactly fix things, it just returns them to the condition Josuke chooses which most of the time is the natural unharmed form unless you pissed him off. Even Crazy Diamond can't change the state of something, only its condition if that makes sense.

I think what was said in the episode was that it's already been so long, that his current state has become his 'natural state' and so Crazy Diamond can't fix it because it's not broken.

Okuyasu's dad is technically "healthy" but mutated. He's completely fused with the DIO spore.

This feels pretty handwavey...

Then again, it'd be hilarious if Josuke used Crazy Diamond on the DIO Spore and suddenly DIO popped out, alive and well, Orochimaru-style. ... And then he'd murder everyone.

This feels pretty handwavey...

Then again, it'd be hilarious if Josuke used Crazy Diamond on the DIO Spore and suddenly DIO popped out, alive and well, Orochimaru-style. ... And then he'd murder everyone.
To be true Orochimaru style he'd have to join Josuke and eventually just start dressing like a woman...

NEO0MJ

Wouldn't a weaker Dio pop up? This would be Dio before Mastering the world and just woken up from his slumber.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know I've been thinking, you think Josuke popped over when he was in the hospital and healed that dude Hazamada forced to gouge his eye out?

It's not called "JoJo's regular day out" is it?
And then he just rips off Koichi's bloody face pages. I'm not sure what's more batshit. A manga stand or a toy soldier stand or a fucking lock stand. Dude weighs less..."This must be the work of an enemy standu" Lol Koichi ain't on a diet. Rohan draws like how Light Yagami writes. Rohan is fucking OP. Don't fuck with Josuke's god damn hair, lol.

cntr

Banned
Yeah it'd make sense for Josuke to heal that guy off-screen.

I always imagined Josuke would eventually become a doctor.

Yeah it'd make sense for Josuke to heal that guy off-screen.

I always imagined Josuke would eventually become a doctor.
He'd be the laziest doctor ever.

"Doctor, this man has a broken arm"
"KUREIJI DAIAMONDO!"
"And this man lost his foot in a car accident"
"GUREITO DAZE"
*foot flies in through the window, crashing into 2 other people*

remz

Even though I read the Manga I forgot the exact rules for how Rohan's stand works. How close does he have to be for his stand to effect someone?

They have to read his manga/look at one of his drawings, for the initial effect to work, I think. You can infer from Koichi still not being able to harm him, even when at his house that the effects of writing inside you may have infinite range, but I think he can only turn you into paper when he can see you, maybe.

dani_dc

Even though I read the Manga I forgot the exact rules for how Rohan's stand works. How close does he have to be for his stand to effect someone?

His stand is always on effect from what I gather, that's why even when Koichi went home he still could not remember about Rohan stand.

Fandangox

They have to read his manga/look at one of his drawings, for the initial effect to work, I think. You can infer from Koichi still not being able to harm him, even when at his house that the effects of writing inside you may have infinite range, but I think he can only turn you into paper when he can see you, maybe.

This makes sense cause otherwise the nation would be covering the news about a bunch of people just transforming into paper.

cntr

Banned
Heaven's Door is not a rules lawyer, it knows Koichi talking to other people would harm Rohan, so it erases Koichi's memories.

It only activates when Rohan shows you one of his own drawings, a reprint won't work.

Tizoc

Oh before i forget this upcoming episodes is gonna have some gross scenes so avoid eating or drinking anything while watching it :x

Fandangox

Heaven's Door is not a rules lawyer, it knows Koichi talking to other people would harm Rohan, so it erases Koichi's memories.

It only activates when Rohan shows you one of his own drawings, a reprint won't work.

I didn't really think about the reprints not really counting.

This makes sense cause otherwise the nation would be covering the news about a bunch of people just transforming into paper.

The news in the JoJo world is either completely bonkers or has just given up

"Today in Egypt two huge men got into a fight, and a cat exploded into some people's dinner?"

"A man was punched into a water tower late last night, he was pronounced dead at the scene"

"Local guitarist beaten up and then arrested for attempted murder of old British man, details unknown"

dani_dc

"Today in Egypt two huge men got into a fight, and a cat exploded into some people's dinner?"

"A man was punched into a water tower late last night, he was pronounced dead at the scene"

"Local guitarist beaten up and then arrested for attempted murder of old British man, details unknown"

I figured speedwagon foundation would be covering most of those, within possibility.

The Speedwagon Foundation does a lot of cover-ups

It'd have to be like 90% of their operations considering how much shit the average Stand user can cause.

I bet you can make good money just being a bystander to weird Stand shit and having the SPW foundation pay you to be quiet.

Blues1990

I was watching the episode when Jotaro had meet with Josuke's mum for the first time, & I just noticed (when the perspective had changed to her P.O.V.) she was staring at his crotch. I can't believe David Pro had added that small detail for that sequence.

Also, for a woman who comes across as a Grade A hard ass, it was weird to see her become a wishy washy airhead that had the hots for some dude she mistaken to be her long lost flame. Especially since Jotaro & Joseph look nothing alike.

cntr

Banned
tumblr_mwdfwa8kvg1qi0f9no1_500.gif

"Baby gone missing, along with two dozen trees."
"Drunk sailors report tales of a Japanese schoolgirl attempting suicide only for her to bounce off some rocks to safety."

McFadge

Oh before i forget this upcoming episodes is gonna have some gross scenes so avoid eating or drinking anything while watching it :x

I know people always get excited each week, but it seems like it needs to keep being said: the constant teasing of future events can get annoying for first time viewers.

Top Bottom