• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

tumblr_mwdfwa8kvg1qi0f9no1_500.gif
I wonder if Senile Joseph remembers this shit?
So like why does Jotaro, probably the second most boring Jojo so far have the best clothes?

Adult Jotaro is cool.
I do prefer support Jotaro as well, he just doesn't seem to give a shit about anything that doesn't have a dorsal fin. He probably has dolphin pictures in his wallet and maybe his mom. No GF pictures, just a dolphin leaping out of the water.

Breads

Banned
I want to live in a world where people can walk around looking like Josuke and Jotaro and the only thing people talk about is Josuke's hair.

^Be warned, that vid has a spoiler yet to be revealed. Edit: Hey thanks man.

I like the song but damn it's short, just like Crazy Noisy.

Going back to Morioh landmarks, I like to think the change from regular rock to Angelo Rock was probably just labeled as a prank. You know, the kind that involves a lot of chiseling and shit.

"I've lived here 15 years and now some damn kids gave this rock a face, damn kids ruining nice rocks"

Guess Who

Banned
So any chance of a new ED?

Since we didn't get a new ED with the new OP, I'd guess there will either only either be one either new ED halfway through the series (with 39 episodes, let's say around episode 20ish) or we're just sticking with this one.

Only one ED might be the cost we pay for getting what I'm guessing will be three OPs. (Fingers crossed that OP3 will be a Season 1/Stardust Crusaders-style CG OP.)

Ascheroth

^that pic in the first youtube link is only spoilery if people go around saying it's spoilery.
Seriously, there is nothing in the anime that would suddenly make someone seeing this pic go "fuck, now I know what's going to happen in x episodes" or something.

I mean I appreciate trying to prevent real spoilers for first-time viewers but at some point nit-picking every little out of context image is doing more harm then good.

Pinewood

Since we didn't get a new ED with the new OP, I'd guess there will either only either be one either new ED halfway through the series (with 39 episodes, let's say around episode 20ish) or we're just sticking with this one.

Only one ED might be the cost we pay for getting what I'm guessing will be three OPs. (Fingers crossed that OP3 will be a Season 1/Stardust Crusaders-style CG OP.)

A SPECIAL FX OP PLEASE

Yonafunu

^that pic in the first youtube link is only spoilery if people go around saying it's spoilery.
Seriously, there is nothing in the anime that would suddenly make someone seeing this pic go "fuck, now I know what's going to happen in x episodes" or something.

I mean I appreciate trying to prevent real spoilers for first-time viewers but at some point nit-picking every little out of context image is doing more harm then good.

Obviously it depends on what one considers a spoiler.

That said, the consensus in this thread has been to avoid talking about/posting anything that hasn't happened in the anime, and that image shows a Stand (and character) that hasn't appeared yet.

It's fine if no one cares, but it's good to be consistent with this stuff.

silva1991

i love the colors in Season 4 even though they aren't realistic sometimes(especially sky colors)

I have to say though Josuke isn't even close to how good young/old Joseph as a character and bit weaker than Jotaro.

Even side characters aren't remotely half as good as part 3 side characters

Abdul, Polnareff and Kakyoin were soooo good.

Siegcram

We're like a third done and Okuyasu and Koichi are already running circles around all three when it comes to screen time and character development.

Kthulhu

i love the colors in Season 4 even though they aren't realistic sometimes(especially sky colors)

I have to say though Josuke isn't even close to how good young/old Joseph as a character and bit weaker than Jotaro.

Part 5 arguably is the only part with side characters as good as part 3.

Nottle

We're like a third done and Okuyasu and Koichi are already running circles around all three when it comes to screen time and character development.
Kakyoin and Avdol are fairly static characters. Polnareff has quite a few flaws, and changes and grows over the course of the story.

I would say I like the designs of the part 3 crew the most, but their powers and personalities dont stand out. I find the way the part 4 characters stands sort of tie into their personalities is interesting.

silva1991

Okuyasu and Koichi feel like poor man's Polnareff and Kakyoin lol

they are still good though even if they are inferior.

Is part 4 supposed to b divided in two years like part3? I personally hope not.

Kakyoin and Avdol are fairly static characters. Polnareff has quite a few flaws, and changes and grows over the course of the story.

I think one of my major issues with this part''s characters is how much younger they look compared to the other parts I've seen so far

it's not an issue on it's own, but after such very mature looking characters from previous seasons(which made this anime very unique compared to majority of anime), the new characters(especially Koichi ) were kinda a let down.

Guess Who

Banned
Polnareff and Joseph were like the only enjoyable protags in part 3, and that's mostly due to their comical relief status more than anything. Everyone else was pretty flat and static. Part 4 is way better with characters - everyone's stories are fleshed out more, with most of the arcs functioning as little mini-stories about individual characters. Like, think of Avdol and Kakyoin - who were these guys? I couldn't tell you a thing about either of them outside of basic details like "Avdol knows about Stands and he's from Egypt" or "Kakyoin was a student at Jotaro's school who got infected by Dio's flesh bud." They barely seem to exist as people outside of their immediate relevance to the plot. I already feel like I know way more about the core DiU cast than either of those dudes.

Nottle

Polnareff and Joseph were like the only enjoyable protags in part 3, and that's mostly due to their comical relief status more than anything. Everyone else was pretty flat and static. Part 4 is way better with characters - everyone's stories are fleshed out more, with most of the arcs functioning as little mini-stories about individual characters. Like, think of Avdol and Kakyoin - who were these guys? I couldn't tell you a thing about either of them outside of basic details like "Avdol knows about Stands and he's from Egypt" or "Kakyoin was a student at Jotaro's school who got infected by Dio's flesh bud." They barely seem to exist as people outside of their immediate relevance to the plot. I already feel like I know way more about the core DiU cast than either of those dudes.
It would be interesting to do the Plinkett Star Wars Character test on those characters. Without describing their physical appearance or job talk about those characters. Polnareff, Joseph and even Jotaro pass. Like everyone from Part 4 passes.

Tizoc

I know people always get excited each week, but it seems like it needs to keep being said: the constant teasing of future events can get annoying for first time viewers.

I'm not teasing, I'm just looking out for my anime only watching homies and sistas :X

Nottle

I'm not sure why people like Polnareff more than Koichi.
For me Polnareff Is the one character from part 3 besides Iggy with any emotional hooks to his story and any sort of Arc. I love all the characters in part 3, but Jotaro doesn't overcome any personal flaw. He goes on the journey and wins.

Koichi is amazing, like top 3 Jojo characters for me. But he has an amazing and flawed cast around him, it makes him stand out a little less.

I think one of my major issues with this part''s characters is how much younger they look compared to the other parts I've seen so far

it's not an issue on it's own, but after such very mature looking characters from previous seasons(which made this anime very unique compared to majority of anime), the new characters(especially Koichi ) were kinda a let down.
If you feel up to it and don't care about getting things spoiled (or maybe you have read it already) I would recommend skimming around the parts and looking at how the art evolves.

Part 1 and 2 have hulked out people, but the characters look very diverse. Part 3 and 4 are a little more Shonen, characters are more expressive, sometimes less detailed and probably even more diverse, and the artstyle shifts a whole lot. Then after that characters have very anime styled hair that makes no sense and everyone gets same face unless they are an extra and then they sort of look like a weird blob. This change happens right towards the end of part 4.

Thud

39 episodes and they took no breaks between the first and second cour. So not like part 3.

As for the events, I think they're covered in a span of months just like part 3.

silva1991

But Koichi has very legit reasons for making that scared face so it's hard for me to be mad at him.

He didn't have reason to act like a scared fool in front of the hair lady, because that was after he got his power

I mean sure she was creepy, but he isn't some random powerless man :p

We all know anyway that Koichi´s mom cheated with Polnareff and Koichi is his son.

Just look at that haircut.

lmao.

/QUOTE]

39 episodes and they took no breaks between the first and second cour. So not like part 3.

As for the events, I think they're covered in a span of months just like part 3.

good stuff :)

But Koichi has very legit reasons for making that scared face so it's hard for me to be mad at him.

Koichi in 15 episodes has had more development than pretty much every character in Parts 1 through 3. He's gone from cowardly bystander to being thrust into a crazy situation and then learning to actually handle things on his own without needing to be rescued (minus Rohan, since Heaven's Door's safety lock is incredibly powerful), and some of his best scenes haven't even happened yet.

Plus Echoes is cool as shit.

Also it should be noted that DiU is 20 chapters longer than SDC, so if they're going to be 9 episodes shorter their pacing of later sections better be on fucking point.

Ascheroth

Koichi in 15 episodes has had more development than pretty much every character in Parts 1 through 3. He's gone from cowardly bystander to being thrust into a crazy situation and then learning to actually handle things on his own without needing to be rescued (minus Rohan, since Heaven's Door's safety lock is incredibly powerful), and some of his best scenes haven't even happened yet.

Plus Echoes is cool as shit.

Also it should be noted that DiU is 20 chapters longer than SDC, so if they're going to be 9 episodes shorter their pacing of later sections better be on fucking point.

They've already covered 13 more chapters than Stardust Crusaders did at this point and in no way did anything feel badly paced so far. I don't understand why anyone would think they'd suddenly completely fuck up the ending stretch out of nowhere.
DiU being longer than SC but having less episodes is literally no reason to worry because it's just being paced a lot better from the start.

Guess Who

Banned
They've already covered 13 more chapters than Stardust Crusaders did at this point and in no way did anything feel badly paced so far. I don't understand why anyone would think they'd suddenly completely fuck up the ending stretch out of nowhere.
DiU being longer than SC but having less episodes is literally no reason to worry because it's just being paced a lot better from the start.

If anything SC dragged on too long.

Top Bottom