• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Still got to hurt like a bitch though

But does it hurt like a crazy bitch?

MA80LuN.jpg

Off to a great start. Glad to see the quality is still there, I don't know why but I got a little concerned watching the trailers.

some cameos at the end of ep 1, is it me or does polineff make a cameo/easter egg at the end when they show the crowd? I'll go screen cap it, give me a second.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Budget looks like it was higher for this season.

k here it is, so yea, is it me or is that not polnareff?

now I've already read part 4 so if its not polnareff tell me in a pm and refresh my memory on who that is since we're not allowed to post any kind of spoilers here.

Wow. Did not expect that opening. David Pro are a bunch of geniuses. I guess I'll do one of these posts per episode with my thoughts, since that's what everyone else seems to be doing.

Episode 1

Though I know the main plot points of the season, and how several of the stand fights ended (I had them spoiled for me), some of the scenes caught me off guard since I didn't know the way smaller details would play out. The scene with Jotaro stopping time was great, and I, like Jotaro, expected Josuke to react differently when he was told about his father. I liked how this episode mainly focused on Crazy Diamond's abilities, and introducing Josuke, Koichi, and his family. Overall, the 23 minutes seemed to just fly by. Can't wait for Ep 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I love how none of the JoJo's personalities or interests ever seem to relate to their careers... at all. And they all have academic or business type jobs despite being ripped muscle men.

I love how none of the JoJo's personalities or interests ever seem to relate to their careers... at all. And they all have academic or business type jobs despite being ripped muscle men.

Punching a shark has led to Jotaro devoting his life to seeing how other forms of ocean life respond to Star Platinum punches.

They realized he was too awesome so they really had to bring him down a notch to make sure he didn't make subsequent protagonists look bad.

this is literally what i tell my friends every time we talk about how shitty the mangaka made joeseph, especially with that trashy ass stand he gave him thats only use is to move around like spiderman

Neoxon

this is literally what i tell my friends every time we talk about how shitty the mangaka made joeseph, especially with that trashy ass stand he gave him thats only use is to move around like spiderman
Hermit Purple also conducts Hamon, which is good for extending his reach for Hamon-based attacks.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
the colors match the colored pages too

still it's hilarious to view it as though Morioh has some weird atmosphere that the skies look pink

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Woah, the anime sure is something. Love the color and the introduction scene. David pro put so much reference to future arc, and i love it.

cntr

Banned
How do you know he wasn't paying it in secret? He is a business mogul.

maybe that's how they discovered it, since they were calculating the inheritance

laaame

How do you know he wasn't paying it in secret? He is a business mogul.

maybe that's how they discovered it, since they were calculating the inheritance

He's got his own business empire AND he's got that Speed Wagon money, so i'm sure he would be paying a lot more if he was. Josuke's family lives in a relatively small house so i'd be expecting his mom to be asking for a lot more hush money.
But even he is paying, it certainly doesn't look good that Josuke's never seen his father, as well as the fact that its most likely he made his new son while visiting his daughter in Japan lol.

cntr

Banned
He's got his own business empire AND he's got that Speed Wagon money, so i'm sure he would be paying a lot more if he was. Josuke's family lives in a relatively small house so i'd be expecting his mom to be asking for a lot more hush money.
Josuke's mom is still in love with Joseph.

But even he is paying, it certainly doesn't look good that Josuke's never seen his father, as well as the fact that its most likely he made his new son while visiting his daughter in Japan lol.
that part's pretty shitty, yeah

Well, they really went above and beyond. Everything looks like it'll shape up for a wonderful adaptation with some nice foreshadowing and amusing stand alternate names to mix it up. I can't wait to find out what the OP and EDs are next week.

dani_dc

Didn't Jotaro said this episode that Joseph didn't even know about Josuke existence until Jotaro started planning the inheritance?

For those who read the manga, is this show still gonna be monster of the week esque?
Sort of. It's not a complete departure from Part 3's setup, but the writing and scenarios seem to find a nice groove that really does go to some neat places. It's high quality monster of the week, so to speak.

Top Bottom