• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Tizoc

Ce-vt6aWQAAPXD8.jpg

Pretty exciting start, Yuki Kaji and Koichi make this anime pretty spectacular at the first start, even more he is so happy and always to see Josuke, its kind of adorable and awesome. I hope he has ability to have some powers for this arc as he really needs to stick around with Josuke. I cant wait for episode two.

Going by the pace so far, I think you're gonna LOVE Ep. 3 ;)

Jojo Part 4 Ep 01

Loved it. Only remember parts of it, so it will like seeing for the first time again. Whats the song used in the beginning?

Kaizer

Banned
Jojo Part 4 Episode 01

Great first episode! Loving Josuke so far, he seems like he's going to be a fun character to watch beat the crap out of people lol

The artstyle change works really well & I got used to Jotaro new look fairly quick. Wasn't expecting Josuke to be Joseph's son, I was anticipating him being a distant cousin or brother to Jotaro - but Jotaro technically being his nephew is quite bizarre!

Mista Koo

The colors. the world, and the music are great and fairly unique. Not sure about Josuke yet but his power is neat.
Although I don't like the reuse of that theme from Part 3.

We already have people posting manga teases? Jeez!

David Pro delivered once again, and remember don't post manga spoilers of any sort in this thread. We have the normal Jojo OT for that, don't ruin the experience for anime only viewers.

SoulUnison

Banned
Remind me why he Crazy Diamond is red again? (i have read the manga but forgot)

Not a lot of things in JoJo really have...consistent color schemes.

You can probably expect to see Crazy Diamond be all sorts of colors over the course of the season.

Squishy3

Primerib will appreciate this post.

David Pro saw Erased's red eyes directorial choice to show aggressive intent and decided to make anytime someone shows aggressive intent shimmer red or turn red. Why stop at the eyes!

Blues1990

If you really think about it, personality-wise, the main cast for Diamond is Unbreakable (Okuyasu, Koichi, & Josuke) are basically the manga equivalents of Ed, Edd, n' Eddy respectively.

Popparoks

I lied about this art style, it actually looks really good! The previews didn't do it justice!
I couldn't wait for part 4 last year, so i read the manga after part 3 anime ended.

it's gon' be gud.

Philippo

Just watched it.
I LOOOOVED IT.
The colors are so bright!
The plot is so different from Part 3, it really is similar to Persona 4 lol
And the pacing is interesting, i'm already hooked.

Bring it on, JoJo time is best time.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Disclaimer: I thought Part 3 was disappointing and often boring, especially when it comes to pacing. I was expecting Part 4 to be maybe slightly better at best, since people have been praising it so much.

Well, for once, my expectations are blown away (so far). That was a tremendous episode. Incredible choice of colors, nice transitions, bangin' music, and most of all, great pacing. Those 23 minutes flew by.

This bodes well for the rest of the season, but I hope they can keep up with that pacing.

Loved it. Faith restored.

My God, it's full of colors!

That was the best-looking animated anything I've seen in a long time. The transitions feel so fluid, I caught myself thinking 'That must be a panel they're referencing', something I've never thought about a scene in motion ever before. Even the framing has a perfect bit of bizarre that makes me feel like I'm swooping around and through the characters, instead of jump-cutting to face shots.
I think that feeling may have contributed to making Jotaro's jump-cut especially jarring.

Was not anticipating the full speed leap into body horror that Josuke's stand brings to the party, tho'. Some of those scenes were UNCOMFORTABLE.

The first episode of the new season was great : )
Has anymone watched the new Terra Formars? Almost made me puke : (
Dark, grim, bloody, deadly and trashy (in a good way) anime, turned into generic family friendly animu shit. What a sad moment, to end my day.

Top Bottom