• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Defuser

Did someone just say that Joseph is honorable? lol

Despite he's my favourite Jojo. Battle Tendency have shown he's a schemer, petty, a flirting pervert and a hypocrite considering he didn't like his daughter to marry a Japanese but he had a affair with a Japanese.

Despite he's my favourite Jojo. Battle Tendency have shown he's a schemer, petty, a flirting pervert and a hypocrite considering he didn't like his daughter to marry a Japanese but he had a affair with a Japanese.

For all his scheming and flighty behaviour, Joseph in part 2 was incredibly honourable when dealing with people he respected. He showed great loyalty to friends like Ceaser and Lisa Lisa, and even honoured Wammu after defeating him. Personally, I do think him cheating on Suzie Q was unfair to both their characters

For all his scheming and flighty behaviour, Joseph in part 2 was incredibly honourable when dealing with people he respected. He showed great loyalty to friends like Ceaser and Lisa Lisa, and even honoured Wammu after defeating him. Personally, I do think him cheating on Suzie Q was unfair to both their characters

I just pretend it never happened and ignore the stuff he's involved in directly in part IV.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sort of. It's not a complete departure from Part 3's setup, but the writing and scenarios seem to find a nice groove that really does go to some neat places. It's high quality monster of the week, so to speak.

I compare it more towards modern Kamen Rider where monster of the week is more involved, more set-up, and lasts longer.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

He was fairly honourable, but he was a womanisizer and Susie Q was barely a character even in part 2 (there was little great respect shown). How someone would be surprised that he cheated on her, I'm not sure I can understand. He's the antithesis to Jotaro in a lot of ways, who is the hourable stoic samurai to a fault.

I compare it more towards modern Kamen Rider where monster of the week is more involved, more set-up, and lasts longer.

Basically there's arcs rather than simply episodes, though they are pretty short arcs.
It's ironic how episodic part 3 was considering how much more of an overiding arc and plot it has. For being the main villain Dio did barely fucking anything in it outside of sending out mooks.

Nottle

Joseph seems like a guy that is incredibly smart when he needs to think on his feet, but who would totally not think about the long term consequences of his vices. He did marry a ditzy girl that he knew for what less than a month. Many times in part 2 and 3 he was outdone when it came to sort of getting the big picture. Joseph is also a pretty passionate guy. He seems to live by more of his gut instinct than sound logic.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Joseph seems like a guy that is incredibly smart when he needs to think on his feet, but who would totally not think about the long term consequences of his vices. He did marry a ditzy girl that he knew for what less than a month. Many times in part 2 and 3 he was outdone when it came to sort of getting the big picture. Joseph is also a pretty passionate guy. He seems to live by more of his gut instinct than sound logic.

Pretty much he's the opposite of the letter of the law kind of guy. He isn't malicious and has his heart in the right place but he's not the kind of guy you'd expect to keep a promise over significant periods of time e.g decades. Very much a person that goes by his whims and personal inclinations.

Why are people pretending that Joseph and Suzie Q were soulmates or something? Their relationship was extremely rushed in part 2.

If Jonathan was the one to cheat on Erina then yeah, that's extremely unbelievable, but I can totally see Joseph cheating.

Nottle

Why are people pretending that Joseph and Suzie Q were soulmates or something? Their relationship was extremely rushed in part 2.

If Jonathan was the one to cheat on Erina then yeah, that's extremely unbelievable, but I can totally see Joseph cheating.
Joseph's relationship was like a "we are getting hitched," moment. Like he had as much screen time with Susie Q as he had with the lady who had her tooth pulled by Straits.

Johnathan's relationship seemed like destiny.

Now we just have to wait to see how Jotaro and his dolphin wife end up.

Thud

Joseph's relationship was like a "we are getting hitched," moment. Like he had as much screen time with Susie Q as he had with the lady who had her tooth pulled by Straits.

Johnathan's relationship seemed like destiny.

Now we just have to wait to see how Jotaro and his dolphin wife end up.

Dolphins keep chasing Jotaro.

cntr

Banned
Remember Joseph isn't married to the Suzi Q we saw in Part 2. He's married to the one in Part 3's anime.

That doesn't excuse the dickery of what he did, but there's loads of reasons Joseph would do it, being an impulsive ass

Tunahead

I love how none of the JoJo's personalities or interests ever seem to relate to their careers... at all. And they all have academic or business type jobs despite being ripped muscle men.

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.

Remember Joseph isn't married to the Suzi Q we saw in Part 2. He's married to the one in Part 3's anime.

That doesn't excuse the dickery of what he did, but there's loads of reasons Joseph would do it, being an impulsive ass
What do you mean "isn't married to part 2 Susie Q"?
She shows up at the very end of Part 2 and she and Joseph say they're married.

Nottle

If Jotaro is with someone, I wanna see that woman.
tumblr_njp3tmH4DZ1r5hhnao1_500.png

Sou Da

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.

Well, shit.

Wiseblade

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!?

OH

MY

GOD

...WTF

Nottle

Jotaro does strike me as pretty socially off. It sort of reminds me of the theory I had for the movie Drive where the main character seems sort of badass but deep down he has some form of autism that makes him less social and quiet but it's Ryan Gosling so you think he is interesting and mysterious rather than a guy with a condition.

Jotaro just so happens to have this hulking body but he isn't really a people person like Joseph was.

cntr

Banned
Araki says that each Jojo is the "opposite" of the previous one in some way, so yeah, it makes sense for Jotaro to be an angry loner when Joseph is a social dontgiveashit

Super solid first episode. Love the colours!

Josuke and Koichi had good characterisation, the music was good, the sound effects. Also loved the opening cut.

Glad to gave my anime weekend sorted once again!

massoluk

Banned
Been a while since I read Jojo 4, but seeing it on tv, I kinda raised my eyebrows when Koichi just went "I'll just walk with these dudes and listen in on their family affair." LOL

Astral

I never get tired of watching Jotaro wind up that punch. Goddamn. The foreshadowing in this episode was so good too. I'm excited as fuck.

Did Japanese publication/interviewer ask Araki why he added the affair in part 4?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You are talking about a man who's ace in the hole technique was to run away.
Haha, you got me there!

You're talking about a man who peeped on his naked mom immediately after flirting with Suzie Q.
That's not fair, he didn't know she was his mom lol.

Other people have responded to the first part, but about being a hypocrite, that's part of the character assassination. Part 4 retroactively made him a hypocrite, not the other way around.

Order

...damn

Numb

hahaha

Top Bottom