• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

It hardly matters. They aren't going to change the VO to say the dub names. Just call it Crazy Diamond.

They aren't going to chance the Ace Attorney names from Ryuichi Naruhodo to Phoenix Wright for the subs because they don't have to.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
By the way, that single "DORA!" when
Jôsuke punches through the girl and the guy with the knife
is so hype! And the animation complements the moment perfectly. It's almost as hype as when Jôtarô beats Hierophant Green to a pulp in the beginning of Part 3.

Going into Part 4 without knowing anything about the plot or the character's personalities, but knowing their designs, I expected Jôsuke to be a no-nonsense borderline furyô, much like Jôtarô actually, but I like how they subverted my expectations. He totally looks the part of the pompadour-sporting Japanese high-school delinquent, but he's actually so polite, haha. Loved it.

He's actually kind of the opposite of Jôtarô when you think about it: in Part 3, Jôtarô acts like an asshole, even towards his mother, but when push comes to shove he does what's right. Jôsuke is always nice, but when you piss him off he can't control himself.

dan2026

The CR subtitles are going to get more and more jarring if every band and song name is changed.
There are a lot in this arc as I recall.

105.Will

It hardly matters. They aren't going to change the VO to say the dub names. Just call it Crazy Diamond.

They aren't going to chance the Ace Attorney names from Ryuichi Naruhodo to Phoenix Wright for the subs because they don't have to.

Yeah, i just had to text all my friends who haven't read the manga that its was Crazy, and not shining.

woopWOOP

ohSHIT. I forgot JoJo fridays were coming back.

Ah, no opening and ending yet huh? Expected, but new jojo OPs are one of the best parts of a new season. Can't wait

Matsukaze

Wait, they didn't show either for the pilot?
Nope. They used the entire runtime for the episode and the next episode teaser.

So we have to wait another week for
Smash Mouth. :p

Joseph really cheats? No dignity!
tumblr_naet2ntbOy1sk6rb9o1_250.jpg

Guess Who

Banned
The art direction is already so much better than Stardust Crusaders. Part 3 disappointed me in how utterly bland and boring it often looked. This is going all-in on the style and I love it.

Mupod

Really impressed by how it looks, it's pretty much perfect. I didn't watch all of part 2 and 3 since adaptations of shit I've read already tend to lose me eventually. But the only time I ever read Part 4 was when Duwang was all we had, and I never read the retranslation so hey maybe I'll stick it out.

ew crazy diamond changed to shining diamond

it'll all be worth it when we get to Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price in part 7.

I think this might be the one to unseat Part 2 for me, young Joseph is still the GOAT, but I love how this one is gonna mostly take place in a small town with a serial killer running around.

it'll all be worth it when we get to Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price in part 7.

Maaaaaan..

I feel like right now, casual watchers will be like "Shining? It sounded like the hair guy said Crazy...."

When we get to that people are gonna lose their minds

I need moar.

Surprisingly I actually don't remember much of this since I read it a couple years ago so this seemed like mostly new shit to me.

TWILT

Banned
So far so good. This is probably my favorite JoJo part, so I was pretty hyped, but dannng, they exceeded my expectations. Everything looks so good and has so much style and they did everything justice (silly name changes aside). Also, Part 4 Jotaro is best Jotaro.

Can't wait for the OP/ED (hopefully) next week.

convo

Can't wait to get to everyone's favorite stand "Very Hot Jalapeno Peppers"

Well they are locked in to cover their asses to not get sued once Jojo goes international.
Also the characters will shout their stand names anyway, people will know when the music references will be dropped, but it seems to be enough to not get lawyers angry.

jett

D-Member
tumblr_n9tbe7biL81rl0d01o1_500.gif

I missed the weirdness of JOJO.

Josuke seems like a fun guy, I like how there's a purpose to his stupid looking hair LOL. Where does the second "Jo" come from, though?

I'm liking the look, the colors are trippier and funkier than ever before. I don't dig the costumes though, they look silly even by JoJo standards. What's with all the hearts.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Koichi's VA, Yuki Kaji, is using his voice for Clemont in Pokemon XY that I can't help but see the two now :x

EDIT: Wait, so even here DIAMOND IS NOT CRAZY? I guess copyright. :(

Can't wait to get to everyone's favorite stand "Very Hot Jalapeno Peppers"

Yeah, curious if CR will keep the name of change it

Part of the reason Part 4 is so good is the fact that Araki more or less has gotten a grasp on how Stand battles should be: focusing on eccentric Stand users and the bizarre "puzzles" and situations caused by the Stands, rather than just "this is my Stand, it's good at hitting you like this" like in early Part 3.

This works great in this small town setting, lending itself to a really enjoyable structure of "Imagine you (and maybe a friend) were walking along and you met this weird person... and something bizarre happened next."

Sou Da

Part of the reason Part 4 is so good is the fact that Araki more or less has gotten a grasp on how Stand battles should be: focusing on eccentric Stand users and the bizarre "puzzles" and situations caused by the Stands, rather than just "this is my Stand, it's good at hitting you like this" like in early Part 3.

This works great in this small town setting, lending itself to a really enjoyable structure of "Imagine you (and maybe a friend) were walking along and you met this weird person... and something bizarre happened next."
And even then he creates some satisfying " hit you really hard" moments.

Nairume

Banned

The first chapter/episode even frames this amazingly well simply by
the quick fight between Jotaro and Josuke where they are using Star Platinum and Crazy Diamond on each other. Even if CD is still a punch ghost like SP, it clearly showed in that moment that CD alone has a lot of potential for creativity than "I punch things really fast and can stop time"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

I feel like you could sort of see this happening by the end of Part 3 (D'arby brothers, Pet Shop even though it was a battle stand), but a new setting/characters really gives it a chance to shine.

Part 4 also does a good job at adding in a compelling narrative along with its stands, partially due to the vignette nature of its stories as opposed to the journey to Egypt in Part 3, where it was basically "Dio's henchman are out to get you" for every single stand.

I feel like you could sort of see this happening by the end of Part 3 (D'arby brothers, Pet Shop even though it was a battle stand), but a new setting/characters really gives it a chance to shine.

Part 4 also does a good job at adding in a compelling narrative along with its stands, partially due to the vignette nature of its stories as opposed to the journey to Egypt in Part 3, where it was basically "Dio's henchman are out to get you" for every single stand.

Then you get to Part 6 and it gets pants on head ridiculous.

Top Bottom