• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Squishy3

It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.
Don't forget when he first notices when something is wrong with Holly, because she isn't there for him to tell her she's annoying when he leaves for school in the morning.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's interesting that Jotaro hadn't stopped time in ten years and then does it twice in the same day.

It's...bizarre, right?

Who learns they have the ability to stop time and just sort of goes "Well, that's neat. I'll never use that again."

Part 4 Jotaro shouldn't be "out of practice," he should be stopping time for full minutes at this point.

It's...bizarre, right?

Who learns they have the ability to stop time and just sort of goes "Well, that's neat. I'll never use that again."

Part 4 Jotaro shouldn't be "out of practice," he should be stopping time for full minutes at this point.

If there haven't been any threats and he's just doing ocean scientist stuff, he probably hasn't needed it.

And DIO could only stop time as long as he could because of his vampire body.

Madao

It's...bizarre, right?

there's no use for it if he never finds any opponent that can give him a fight and if no one else can use the same power. also, Time Stop is very draining on the body.

it would have been useful to train the ability but i guess Jotaro didn't really care about that power the way DIO did.

Tunahead

Don't forget when he first notices when something is wrong with Holly, because she isn't there for him to tell her she's annoying when he leaves for school in the morning.

Also, at the end of Part 3 when he's trying to figure out if Joseph is still Joseph or taken over by Dio, he determines that this man who is his grandfather who he has traveled and fought death battles with is still himself based on pop culture trivia.

Also I've just rewatched Episode 1 of Part 4 and when Jotaro sees some assholes telling a high school student to take his clothes off in the middle of the street he's immediately like "Well I guess that's just the done thing around here, some sort of social custom, I know about those" but is upset that said high schooler who people are slapping in the face and mugging for his clothes in broad daylight isn't very specifically mad about turtle abuse that's also happening.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Also, at the end of Part 3 when he's trying to figure out if Joseph is still Joseph or taken over by Dio, he determines that this man who is his grandfather who he has traveled and fought death battles with is still himself based on pop culture trivia.

Also I've just rewatched Episode 1 of Part 4 and when Jotaro sees some assholes telling a high school student to take his clothes off in the middle of the street he's immediately like "Well I guess that's just the done thing around here, some sort of social custom, I know about those" but is upset that said high schooler who people are slapping in the face and mugging for his clothes in broad daylight isn't very specifically mad about turtle abuse that's also happening.

I don't think Jotaro particularly cares for humans in general outside of specific circumstances and people. He appears to generally dislike women and tends not to make friends with people in general.

I already like this more than the beginning of Stardust Crusaders. That opening Morioh tune was cool and I'm digging this soundtrack and art style, Josuke's mom seems pretty cool, Josuke is cool. Don't shit talk his coif.

Nottle

Do you think we will ever get OMC's "So Bizarre" as an ending theme? Everyone wants smash mouth but I think I'm feeling that song more for part 4 or part 6.

FluxWaveZ

Josuke's stand is weird as fuck

That woman's insides he punched through must be messed up. Though, then again, that turtle wasn't deformed. They'll probably elaborate on how his power works more later on; like if he has any control on how things are reformed or if it's automatic. Given the knife incident, he probably controls it, at least somewhat.

ionitron

That woman's insides he punched through must be messed up. Though, then again, that turtle wasn't deformed. They'll probably elaborate on how his power works more later on; like if he has any control on how things are reformed or if it's automatic. Given the knife incident, he probably controls it, at least somewhat.

I don't think it's ever explained in the manga so I hope it's not a spoiler, but yes, he controls the ratio reformation/deformation when fixing things.

Meffer

His Stand power is very cool and makes his fights very creative. And the Stands get weirder.

if you look at it in a certain way, it resembles The World.

It's of the same "type" of Stand as Star Platnium and The World. You could also interpret its ability as a form of time manipulation

It's...bizarre, right?

The JoJos typically get lazy with their powers after their part. Joseph could have aged at a much slower pace like his mother had he kept up with his Hamon practice.

It's...bizarre, right?

He could only stop time for 5 seconds in his prime (17/18) so now that he's older it's harder for him to stop time for longer. Especially since that isn't his stands primary ability like it was for DIO.

cntr

Banned
When he's angry at someone, the object is deformed, and if he's not, it's not. This is precision enough to work differently for the robber and the woman.

Nottle

In case it is a spoiler Josukes powers as I interpreted them:
he has the ability to heal practically anything and in a sense this also means he can return anything back to its original form. He does this I'm assuming at some molecular level so it allows him to get creative by maybe half assing it like with the knife or that guys nose. Like the thing he is fixing is snapping back into place but he can stop fixing midway through and and it ends up sort of messed up. Later on he does some kickass stuff with it.

jstripes

Banned
It actually makes a lot of sense for Jotaro, though. People just think of him as having some kind of bad ass personality because he's an enormous beefcake, but really he just seems like an introvert shut-in. It makes a lot of sense that someone like him would pursue a career in academia.

Even in Part 4 where he's in his late twenties, he gets immediately flustered when a bunch of strangers show up and can't deal with the situation in a normal way at all. "Josuke, get rid of them." "I hate it when girls make a fuss! Scram!"

And Part 3 is a goldmine for that stuff. At 17 years old, he doesn't really seem to have any good friends and Kakyoin immediately becomes like his bestie. And later, when Rubber Soul impersonates Kakyoin, Jotaro isn't immediately suspicious when his friend starts suplexing pickpockets and eating bugs, but notices right away when he does the cherry trick incorrectly. Jotaro also does one-liners about leaving receipts like he's an accountant played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'd be very surprised if Araki didn't base Jotaro at least partially on a real person who's on the autism spectrum, because a ton of that shit is on point.

Interesting theory, but I wouldn't necessarily say Jotaro's on the spectrum. He's aware enough of social norms that he doesn't engage in socially inappropriate behaviour. Plus, mental health issues are something that's kinda quietly kept behind closed doors in Asia. So you're right that Araki may have based him on some of the traits of someone on the spectrum, but he may not have been aware of it.

Interesting theory, but I wouldn't necessarily say Jotaro's on the spectrum. He's aware enough of social norms that he doesn't engage in socially inappropriate behaviour. Plus, mental health issues are something that's kinda quietly kept behind closed doors in Asia. So you're right that Araki may have based him on some of the traits of someone on the spectrum, but he may not have been aware of it.

Clint Eastwood

sngoijM.jpg

Jigolo

So Joesph cheated with a 21 yo around 1983 so stardust crusaders took place sometime in the late 80s? And DiU is taking place in 1999?

Magwik

Banned
I'd fuck any age joseph

The Joestar swag.

Even Mariah was all like "If it weren't for DIO I would totally get with you"

Have you seen old man Joseph?
Also he's a millionaire

What kind of 21 year old wouldn't sleep with a buff, funny 50 year old foreigner who is also a millionaire? It's like saying "Why would someone sleep with Tony Stark?"
I suppose I've just been enlightened

goober

is it worth watching parts 1-3? i dont have a lot of time for watching stuff, but i do like storylines that actually end.

if there is an arc that you guys recommend, please let me know

is it worth watching parts 1-3? i dont have a lot of time for watching stuff, but i do like storylines that actually end.

I would recommend seeing parts 1-3. They are all individual stories that begin and end, and the next part switches protags.

Numb

You should
Mostly cos it's Jojo and they like going on with that bloodline
You don't wanna miss the beef the bad dudes got with them. I guess you could maybe skip part 2. Josef becomes a different dude in the future after that and part 1 is the start and is important and part 3 introduces stands which go on for a long time and are kinda important

Jigolo

You should
Mostly cos it's Jojo and they like going on with that bloodline
You don't wanna miss the beef the bad dudes got with them. I guess you could maybe skip part 2. Josef becomes a different dude in the future after that and part 1 is the start and is important and part 3 introduces stands which go on for a long time and are kinda important
Did you just tell that gaffer to skip the best JoJo so far? Pls no

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

If you don't have much time and if you like more compact storylines (i.e. a plot that actually advances from one episode to the next), I'd say watch Parts 1 and 2. Part 3 is twice as long as both combined, and most of it doesn't advance the plot in any way. Part 3's most important feature in the grand scheme of things is the introduction of a concept that wasn't present in previous parts but is present in all subsequent parts.

That said, all 3 arcs have a story line with a clear conclusion.

Thud

What kind of 21 year old wouldn't sleep with a buff, funny 50 year old foreigner who is also a millionaire? It's like saying "Why would someone sleep with Tony Stark?"

62, but yes he did look like a man in his 50's like Sean Connery in Indiana Jones.

The current joseph is looking on how to split his inheritance. Age hasn't done him favors after stardust crusaders.

@goober watch the first season (2012-2013), it covers Part 1 and 2.

Don't tell people to skip JoJo parts, what the hell. Even the worst part (Phantom Blood) is short as hell and has a lot of charm.

Watch and read all the JoJos.

Top Bottom