• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Guess Who

Banned
Still really cool to see.

Another really creepy episode, even with the censoring the gore was pretty shocking.

It's crazy to think as powerful as Jotaro is that this random rat could've killed him under the right circumstances.

Though I'd have thought with his time stop ability Jotaro could just shoot at the rat when things were frozen, surely he's trained himself to stop time for more than a couple of seconds by now?

Jotaro mentioned in the first episode of DiU that he's out of practice with Star Platinum and can't stop time for very long.

cntr

Banned
Ratt's range is longer than Star Platinum's, its darts can't be blocked and ignores defense, the user is small and doesn't let you get close enough to ORA it, and Bug-Eaten managed to counter time stop.

Power levels aren't much in Jojo.

Betty

Banned
It's actually insanely strenuous for normal humans to stop time. DIO as a vampire had a far easier time.

More than a second is pretty much impossible for Jotaro.

He could stop time for 2 seconds with DIO, but I guess he was fighting for his life then.

Peace has kinda made him lose his edge it seems.

Jotaro mentioned in the first episode of DiU that he's out of practice with Star Platinum and can't stop time for very long.

Damn, on the bright side though at least he's not insanely overpowered as I thought he'd be.

Defuser

This the first time Jotaro got himself into a pinch/incapacitated. He never had this kind of problem in part 3. Jotaro finally got josephed.

Wait why is Jotaro shouting Za Waurdo now?

Because his Stand is technically Star Platinum: The World, now. It looks a little different, has slightly different stats as well.

Also I wish they had left some of the humor in the episode. "Rats? Like Mickey Mouse??", Josuke talking about how expensive his socks and shoes are, him mentioning how cool the rats and Jotaro are, asking if he's the only idiot in this chapter, and Josuke doing some old-fashioned cartoon eyes popping out of his head out when he sees his shoes in the water.

AZzBuTC.jpg

My reaction to this panel not making it into the episode.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Because his Stand is technically Star Platinum: The World, now. It looks a little different, has slightly different stats as well.

Also I wish they had left some of the humor in the episode. "Rats? Like Mickey Mouse??", Josuke talking about how expensive his socks and shoes are, him mentioning how cool the rats and Jotaro are, asking if he's the only idiot in this chapter, and Josuke doing some old-fashioned cartoon eyes popping out of his head out when he sees his shoes in the water.

Oh, I didn't even notice :lol, new design looks better than the previous, straight upgrade.

Fou-Lu

Finally finished Stardust Crusaders, it took me a while to get into it, but it ended with a bang! How is Diamond is Unbreakable usually rated among fans compared to the other parts?

Siegcram

Finally finished Stardust Crusaders, it took me a while to get into it, but it ended with a bang! How is Diamond is Unbreakable usually rated among fans compared to the other parts?
Highest or second highest. The current adaptation is incredible and very faithful.

Betty

Banned

People say it's the best along with 7, so far as a first time viewer it's very, very good.

It bothers me these two rats share the exact same Stand though.

It's not the only shared Stand in the series, it's just the first occurrence.

The best part of this episode is the reveal that Otoishi was out walking around, saw some rats and was like "I will give them a Stand." You know Jotaro is sitting there thinking "but what if a dolphin had a Stand?" Don't leave the arrow with him.

It's not the only shared Stand in the series, it's just the first occurrence.

The best part of this episode is the reveal that Otoishi was out walking around, saw some rats and was like "I will give them a Stand." You know Jotaro is sitting there thinking "but what if a dolphin had a Stand?" Don't leave the arrow with him.

ehehehehehe

cntr

Banned
It's kind of funny that we're calling it a budget episode when it's still better animated than every other show

Kthulhu

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 16

Sort of felt like a budget episode to save up for next week.

I'm glad they kept Jotaro's ridiculous dolphin outfit:

NEXT WEEK THO

v7rTo5v.gif

Best husbando this season next episode baby. I can hardly contain my excitement! This is what it's all been building up to.

Top Bottom