• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Squishy3

Probably why they end up more shocking in JoJo. You eventually become so desensitized to Berserk. Giant goat demon raping women? Mehhh.
Yeah, Berserk is the ridiculous over the top violence. Guts cutting demon/humans in half with a slab of iron? Yeah, nothing to see here. The level of violence in Jojo's often portrayed is in a very up close and personal level.

Well, Araki said in an interview that he enjoys drawing skin being peeled. Like, that's fucking way grosser than Guts cleaving some demon in half.

Siegcram

Episode 17 Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UinCTFZBePA

Now the real fun begins.
giphy.gif

Why does Koichi-kun hang out with the shadiest people? Yukako was right, he needs her to turn him into a proper man. Loved Rohan's outfit though. Why does it seem like Part 4 is pretty much Koichi's Bizarre Adventure?

Diamond is Unbreakable 17

rHnR4jV.jpg

Best friends forever

Great little episode. Rohan and Koichi work so well together.

It's clear that the "don't turn around thing" is a reference to the story of Orpheus but I wonder where Araki heard the scary story of the murderer under the bed, I don't know where that one originally come from.

Kira doesn't look as villainous as I thought he would, he kinda looks like a normal dude - but that is probably the point.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Reimi was great.

The ending was also great.

It's clear that the "don't turn around thing" is a reference to the story of Orpheus but I wonder where Araki heard the scary story of the murderer under the bed, I don't know where that one originally come from.

It comes from an old 80s horror story that later turned into an urban legend, called Bedtime for Sam (you can find elements of the story in older works, though). Araki probably heard the urban legend version after it was popularized.

Matsukaze

He's here.

Best villain is finally here.

Give me a moment.

mRCtTR1.gif

Oh that episode was incredible. I couldn't believe how amazing Reimi is animated; DavidPro is making some things pop more than the manga did! I don't have enough kind words for this episode. Just too good!

Top Bottom