• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

jett

D-Member
This show is way too predictable when it comes to animals.

This episode was just meh, but it's cool that Rohan showed up again.

D-Man

This show is way too predictable when it comes to animals.

This episode was just meh, but it's cool that Rohan showed up again.
Today's episode was basically a set up for the real plot of the show. It exists just to give the story a new direction.

I'm so glad best villain is finally here.

Astral

This episode was awesome even without that last scene. The presentation was simply fantastic, especially when the story was being told and Rohan slowly turns around as he hears the dripping. That fucking last scene though.

THE CHAMP

IS

HERE

cntr

Banned
It comes from an old 80s horror story that later turned into an urban legend, called Bedtime for Sam (you can find elements of the story in older works, though). Araki probably heard the urban legend version after it was popularized.
Thinking about it, I never knew that story went all the way to Japan

Goodstyle

He's here.

Best villain is finally here.

Give me a moment.

mRCtTR1.gif

Beat me to this post. I... just... I'm so overwhelmed.

u3sMuPx.png

Kira back in episode 12, confused by the power going out.

Also saw a reminder that they left out Rohan being an ass to an old lady for no real reason.

4cd6c1d7e1.jpg

Philippo

YOSHIKAGE MOTHERFUCKING KIRA.

His theme was so good, almost felt like Kefka's theme from FF6. I read on facebook that the first notes are close to the ones in Killer Queen.

Also, Reimi is quite the hottie.

This was a great ep. Obviously, this ties into the next arc. If this was a movie, or a movie with this plot, I think the audience would have figured it out.
(ex: When Joskue tells Koichi that they're not just going to run into the killer, next thing that happens is Koichi almost gets runner over by Kira)

Fandangox

This episode was awesome even without that last scene. The presentation was simply fantastic, especially when the story was being told and Rohan slowly turns around as he hears the dripping. That fucking last scene though.

THE CHAMP

IS

HERE

Well Rohan has been here for some time now.

As a long time manga reader, this episode revealed something I never considered.

Reimi always felt safe when she let Arnold lick her hand

In the story, Reimi sticks her hand under the bed

Arnold is hung up in the closet

Kira licked her hand

Raxus

Did the manga show off the wound on her back as well. The anime kind of shied away at that instead opting for reactions from Koichi and Rohan.

I love how sweet this show can be too. This episode really showcases how this differs from the other parts.

Did the manga show off the wound on her back as well. The anime kind of shied away at that instead opting for reactions from Koichi and Rohan.

I love how sweet this show can be too. This episode really showcases how this differs from the other parts.

Nah, the wound is hidden in the manga as well.

As a long time manga reader, this episode revealed something I never considered.

Kira licked her hand
I mean yeah, that was the implication. Seemed pretty obvious to me, especially given his whole hand fetish

Astral

Kira licked her hand

I completely forgot that bit. He hid under the bed and licked her hand. Shit.

Mista Koo

That scene when Koichi turned around was legit creepy and cool. I was kinda hoping child Rohan was the one who killed the family and that's why his family moved :p
I love how the main characters just go around and don't have to always move together, makes the story more realistic.

I didn't expect Kira to be this.. jolly? And yes the theme does have Kefka-esque vibes.

This was a great ep. Obviously, this ties into the next arc. If this was a movie, or a movie with this plot, I think the audience would have figured it out.
(ex: When Joskue tells Koichi that they're not just going to run into the killer, next thing that happens is Koichi almost gets runner over by Kira)
Yeah that was too predictable.

Madao

the hidden wound works better that way.

remember how hidden horror is more scary than shown horror because the imagination runs wild with what could be there.

This thread is going to be %50 kinkshaming anime David Bowie from now on.

Anyways, I felt the pacing was a bit too fast for my taste, but I loved the ending reveal. One thing I will say is that, had the anime not teased the living shit out of Kira, the reveal wouldn't have come across as predictable and obvious. Kira comes completely out of left field in the manga, and I really loved the nature of how an everyman could easily become your neighbourhood mass murderer.

He's alright, but he'll never top Rikiya Koyama. That dude was perfect as Kira.

We've had like 3 minutes of the new VA, and he was really good, but he also has to voice Kira in a multitude of situations. Koyama only did voice clips in a fighting game, it's kind of a totally different beast.

Top Bottom